Ratings for Dr. Howard Fienman

It was a mistake to take my children to this doctor. We did what he instructed and blamed my child when it did not come out correctly. He talked down to us and was rude. He was unaware that I am also a medical professional and did not believe his assessment that his work was top notch when it obviously was not. Do yourself a favor, choose another orthodontist. We found a much better orthodontist after he was through with my children.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

My parents used Dr Fienman when I was a child. My sister and I had a great experience so I'm back for my daughter!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

My son was very well taken care of with satisfactory results.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

Pleasant staff. Runs just about on time. Financially understanding. Low pressure.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2010

I am 61 yrs. old and I went to Dr. Fienman over 20 yrs. ago for myself and my two sons. We all have beautiful, straight teeth. I NEVER had a problem with him or his staff or with my teeth! I found him to be very easy to talk with!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

Worst orthodontist ever. Probably worst doctor ever. Arrogant. Mean to my children. My child still has a crooked tooth after braces and he will not fix it without charging us more when it was his fault the tooth is not straight. Is clearly only in practice for the money and does not care about fixing teeth or making his patients happy. Choose another orthodontist if at all possible.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

He should not be in practice. I was a patient of his about 15 years ago. He was rude almost everytime I had a visit and did not take the time to do a thorough examination. Toward the end of my time with braces, he did not do anything for a front tooth that was out of line. Everytime we brought it up "it was fine". Well, long story short, we shouldn't have listened. I had to have that tooth pulled and the other 4 surrounding teeth had 50 - 75% root resorption. I went to at least 5 dentists who all said that it was due to the braces and that resorption can happen when the teeth are moved too fast. At the time I was only 13 years old. It was traumatic. And, many of my other family members went there too (I was the youngest). No on had a stellar experience, but he was the only one in the area. There are many good choices now, so I'd recommend staying far away from this office.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Extremeley arrogant doctor. He mostly uses his receptionists to relay information about your childs care to you in the waiting room. He rarely speaks to parents after the first visit. When I requested a chance to speak with him, he was quite annoyed. He told my daughter to wear her retainer at "night only" on the previous visit. Her teeth shifted, Dr Fienman said it was because ny daughter was not wearing the retainer all the time. I reminded him that HIS previous instructions were NIGHT ONLY...the receptionist agreed, showing him where it was written in his notes. He told the receptionist to "Be Quiet". Instead of admitting that he had made a mistake, he tried to blame my daughter for not following instructions.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008