Ratings for Dr. Jayne S. Fortson

As a new patient I went in for skin cancer check for 2 spots. I waited over 30 minutes past my appointment time. I even came 15 minutes earlier. As I was laying there without clothes, Dr. Fortson came in with her assistant and Unsolicited my body’s flaws to make note of and gave me pricing for procedures to fix it all - including scarring, acne, hair removal, stretch marks and WEIGHT LOSS. When she was done, then she asked me what I needed her to look at....she barely looked at my spots. This experience was complete harassment!!!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

What a horribly arrogant Doctor JF is! I would not recommend her to anyone who wants to live... She misdiagnosed me & would not listen to the facts that did NOT correspond to her diagnosis. Then she outright LIED when I asked her for a test to confirm!! I would have died if I had followed her instructions and not gone to another Dr who correctly diagnosed me in 5 min & took a culture to confirm. Don't take the chance! Go to a Dr who's NOT self-righteous, listens to you & doesn't think they are GOD!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Fortson on and off for years. She is extremely knowledgeable and a great doctor. The products she has me on have greatly improved my skin.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I came in due to having some rashes on my upper thighs, and thought maybe it was allergies. After looking at the rash, she suggested that I may have eczema then proceeds to SCRATCH ME WITH A PAPER CLIP (without warning by the way) that was just laying around and says "If that rises up, that means you have eczema". What? I walked out of the exam room so quickly because never in my life had I met a doctor that tried to diagnose me with a paper clip. I will never go back to this "doctor" and have advised my family and friends to take their business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

Dr. Jayne S. Fortson

Dr. Jayne S. Fortson's response
Thank you for taking the time to post this information so that we would know about it. Our sincere apologies that the reason for this procedure was not more clearly communicated. This process is a standard dermatologic test often conducted as a first step when evaluating for possible urticaria (hives) and other types of dermatitis. In many cases, it is the preferred option over other choices for a number of reasons. It very lightly “scratches” (without damaging) the skin in the affected region to see if a raised area occurs. The result then leads us to the next appropriate step in diagnosis and treatment. Again, we are very sorry for the misunderstanding. Please call us at 907-563-3204 and we will fully review your skin’s diagnosis and treatment, and discuss any other questions you have about your skin’s condition. Jayne Fortson MD

Submitted September 29, 2015

I was so impressed with my visit to Dr. Forston today. She and her assistant, Danielle, spent over an HOUR with me discussing my skin concerns. She did not push any products on me, and does not blindly adhere to any one skin care line, but rather picks and chooses the best products from various lines (as well as ones she has developed) based on science. I brought in all of the products I had at home, and she helped me pick out which ones were most appropriate for my conditions (so that I could use them up before purchasing others) and helped me develop a skin care routine using those and a few others she recommended based on research and science. We also discussed various laser treatments that I could pursue now, or further down the line when I had the finances to do a full course. She was incredibly knowledgeable about my conditions, appropriate treatments, as well as the wide variety of products out there that might be helpful. I don't think I have had such a thorough and attentive experience with any type of doctor, ever. Thanks, Dr. Fortson, I will be back!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. Fortson treats her employees horribly. No wonder she has such a high turnover rate. All she cares about is selling her products.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

staff gave out the wrong info and the process is such a hassle

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Doctor Fortson is kind of rude. I went in for acne and she said, "you deserve to be beautiful." Doctor Fortson doesnt just looks at your face and points out thd obvious and charges a lot of money. Also, they mess up my prescription so I have to call and they put me on hold for ten minutes. Then I have to call again since it didnt work and they put me on hold again. In total I had to call 4+times for about an hour. They staff that picked up sounded mean except for one.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Went to see dr. Forston to get Botox an rejuvederm...first of all 2000.00 dollars later I did not see any difference or no body else di either...she went to put rejuverrm in cheek are and broke needle off....yep...also she was rude, no bed side manners at all..the nurse tried to make excuses for her and said she has been sick..if you want cosmetic procedures done I suggest find someone else

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

I had to wait to T least 20 minutes see the doctor but then again, I don't remember the last time I haven't waited to see any doctor. Seems as though they are all late these days. I went in for some dark spots on my face, I was concerned that they may be an early sign of skin cancer. Dr. Fortson assured me they were just areas of sun damage. I don't feel as though she spent a ton of time with me she was very cordial in answering any and all of my questions. I also agree that there was a sales pitch at the end of the appointment but then again, I was visiting a dermatologist to improve the look of my skin. I didn't feel a ton of pressure to buy, it was just letting me know what was available to me if I chose to purchase anything. My skin is looking great after filling prescriptions from Dr. Fortson. I didn't go see her to make a new BFF but to improve my skin. I will go back and see her again.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

Dr. Jayne S. Fortson's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1981)

Workers Comp