Ratings for Dr. Alan H. Gorn

Dr. Gorn is smart, respectful, and honest. He reviews all options and gives you the best options for treatment. When he sits in front of you he takes his time and allows as many questions to be asked, never rushing you. The one problem is contacting Dr. Gorn from outside the office. If you have a situation , need advice, or have a question they all go through his nurse which can take weeks to get a reply. Over the years that I have seen Dr. Gorn, there has been a few instances that I needed to ask an important question that needed a prompt response. I had to call the nurse multiple times before hearing back. In all my years of doctor visits I have never had a more difficult time getting a response from a doctor. Other than that negative aspect (which is the nurses fault) I like Dr. Gorn.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

In my 34 years I have never encountered such a thoughtful doctor who took such care to understand my case. I only wish there were more doctors like Dr. Alan Gorn.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Dr. Gorn is a wonderful doctor- I have never had a doctor who was as kind, respectful, and caring as he is. He truly cares about his patients not just as numbers on a chart but as human beings. I was very sick when I started seeing him, and under his care I improved far far beyond the point that my previous rheumatologist thought was possible. Dr. Gorn was absolutely determined that I could get better and his positive attitude and pro-active treatment style made that happen. Because of that, his medical care changed my life- I don't even want to think about what shape I'd be in if I'd stuck with my first doctor. I can't recommend him highly enough, and I'm glad to see all of the other positive reviews here, because he's earned them.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2012

Dr. Gorn has been incredible. He is the third Rheumatologist I have seen since I was first diagnosed 12 years ago. Ever since I started seeing Dr. Gorn, my quality of life has changed. As many of the others say, Dr. Gorn always listens to what you have to say, and is great about discussing options. He is also open to alternative treatments, when the patient suggestions. I've had a great experience with Dr. Gorn, and I look forward to my visits, even if I have to wait an hour until I see him.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

Dr. Gorn is WONDERFUL as a rheumatologist and as a person. He has been a lifeline, a support, and a resource for my well being. THE BEST!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Dr. Gorn has the highest level of professionalism and caring medical approach that I have been able to find for the past four years. He is very proactive and willing to allow you to participate in your medical treatment decisions. Dr. Gorn provides you with the pros and cons of each type of treatment. Dr. Gorn is respectful and very concerned about the well being of his patients. The wait time can be extended at times; however, he never rushes your appointment. The staff is polite and willing to go the extra mile to help you with appointments and the scheduling of needed tests. I highly recommend Dr. Gorn.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

Dr. Gorn took the time to fully review my medical history, and to answer all my questions. He was thorough, knowledgeable, and respectful throughout the process.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

Dr. Gorn has great bedside manner and uses very good judgment.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

Dr. Gorn is an amazing doctor. I have RA and an autoimmune neurological disease, and he has been willing to have numerous conversations with my neurologist to work out the best treatment regime. We have had to try a number of medications, but I am now in remission from both illnessed. He achieved in a year what other doctors had not been able to achieve in six. As far as raising his voice, he had been very firm on occasion -- impressing on me how important it is not to stop my medications -- but he also told me that he had a patient who had died after stopping his meds. One of the nurses told me he'd never forgotten it. He also was extremely engaged when I developed pneumonia, and that didn't even have anything to do with why I was seeing him. He is a marvelous doctor -- compassionate, interested, dedicated. He is often late, but this is because he actually spends time with each patient. But be prepared for possibly having to wait.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

Dr Gorn is fantastic. He diagnosed me with RA and I appreciate all that he is doing to control my pain and find a treatment plan that will work for me. RA is an aggressive disease and the damage is irreversible and must be taken seriously. I feel badly for the other reviewer who was misdiagnosed, but to clarify a few things bloodwork isn't solely used for diagnosis. My mom has had RA for years and her bloodwork hasn't always supported that diagnosis. Methotrexate is technically a chemotherapy drug, but the doses RA patients take are nowhere near what a cancer patient would take and Dr Gorn started me on a very low dose to make sure I'd tolerate it. I'm sure he'd take me off of it if my side effects were bad and even the worst side effects at RA doses are nowhere near what a cancer patient experiences. Last, I'm surprised that Dr Gorn would raise his voice. He's only ever been calm, polite and helpful with me. I feel lucky to have found such a wonderful doctor on my first try!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009