Ratings for Dr. Timothy P. Carey

A few months ago, I developed a strange eye condition and my eye would no longer drain. I soon developed an infection often accompanied by severe pain and decided that it was time to visit my doctor. My first $40 copay went toward a 4-minute visit and a prescription for OTC allergy eyedrops. In the 2 weeks following I saw numerous doctors including 2 general physicians, an optometrist, an urgent care physician, an emergency care physician, and finally a referred ophthalmologist in Lakewood who after a 2 hour wait simply referred me to another acquaintance of his for a DCR surgery. At this point I had exceeded $400 in copays and was out of patience. I decided that my health was in my own hands and was determined to find the best eye care doctor in Washington state to help me. Dr. Carey had great reviews and for good reason. He earned my total confidence in him with his knowledge of my condition, and I couldn’t be happier with the results of my DCR surgery. I just reached my 1 month post-op today and can barely tell where the stitches were. He’s a busy doctor, but for good reason. He’s an expert in his profession and is a surgical expert. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Cary for over 20 years and could not be happier. Over the last few years I’ve had ongoing issues with plugged tear ducts that have lead to pretty serious infections. Dr. Cary has done an excellent treating my infections and has always seen me the same day I call. He is the best!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Dr Carey is one of those doctors that is really into his expertise - passionate. I was skeptical about some of his advice at first, but after I asked questions, he spent time with me explaining in depth the issue. Other doctors dont do this. Dr Carey's office could use a face lift, but I get the impression he invests his resources where it counts - in his friendly staff and in his own focus in his field.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2009

Dr. carey was very helpful and was very confident he could help me. his confidence and reassurance helped me get thru a diffcult previous sugery from another doctor.. I am very pleased. He is very kind and caring.I was referred by my doctor for a facial scar eyelid droop.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

Dr. Carey is a very impatient doctor. Does not explain test results very clearly. Absolutely has no bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Dr Carey is a very abrupt and impatient doctor. He may be a good doctor with a good understanding of what he does (that we will never know) but his bedside manner needs improving. He has a strange way of showing that he cares, as if you are a child and did something wrong - he shows irritability and exasperation.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

To give you an idea of the kind of doctor he is, he spent two weeks in Iraq as a volunteer training Iraqi surgeons facial trauma surgery. He came highly recommended by my doctor and he exceeded all expectations

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

Has good social skills towards patients at first, but does not deeply have patients in mind.Lacks explaining procedures or details to patients. At times impatient. Not a detailed surgeon. My usual wait time is about 30-75minutes before seen. Left a visible scar on my eyelid when he assured me there was going to be no scars. I now need corrective surgery now from a reputable plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2007

Dr. Timothy P. Carey's Credentials

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Seattle Wa 98195 (Grad. 1954)