Ratings for Dr. Maria Angelopoulos

Amazing psychologist i have sexual abuse issues and she is the best in her field, this Doctor i hold the highest regard for always kind listens well helps to understand the issues and willingly filled out forms and helped me deal with my terrible boss and work situation never judged me and when i tested her YES I TESTED HER ABILITIES she blew me away! I first thought what a waste of time so i mentally challenged her and when she called my bluff all i could do was smile and laugh she read me like a book. i will be seeing her for many years to come i hope i would recommend seeing her and give her a chance to do her thing a lifetime of problems cant be solved in one or two sessions and if you really want the help she is there to give it. If i had to pay out of my pocket i would do it willingly oh and she did not charge me an arm and leg (doctor humor ha)to fill out CPP forms.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

I saw several therapists over a five year period and Maria was most certainly the best and most effective therapist I have ever worked with. I saw others who came across as caring and kind, but all they did was hold my hand and let me marinate in my issues. Maria helped me to see them in a very compassionate and realistic way. Would recommend to anyone who wants to do the tough work at getting better.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Cold and close minded. Stuck in text book approach and does not base work on the client's here and now.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

She treated me with disdain from the moment I walked in and handed me a diagnosis within 15 min of talking to me, that apparently had it's basis in one comment I made. She seemed to want to engage in an antagonistic exchange, which I did not humor her in. And yes, she sighed and rolled her eyes repeatedly. I feel this woman may be capable of doing harm in certain situations where a client is actually feeling quite vulnerable.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

I must say I benefited greatly from seeing this therapist. I don't know what happened to those persons who gave this doctor a bad review -- but I can say this in reply: This doctor does not let you get away with staying stuck in your own crap. If you want a doctor that indulges you in your issues, you'll need to find someone else to coddle you. This doc is here to help you see what you do to yourself. She is intelligent and kind, to-the-point and effective. I would not hesistate to recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and took the time to listen.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Helpful, wise, understanding, thorough - highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Judgmental, cold, and likes to give the quick answer without getting to know you. Jumps to conclusions. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

I saw this therapist for my anxiety and depression. She was FAR from helpful. As a few other patients said, she spent a lot of time not talking even when I would tell her what I wanted to discuss. Total waste of time and money. And yes, she did stare at her shoes and roll her eyes. May have helped some people but not me. Would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

I really loved Dr Angelopoulos. She definately doesn't coddle you, but she makes you own your problems, which is the only way you can fix them. I think that is probably what the other personmmeant when she said the Dr practices tough love. The doctor doesn't participate in a pity party, which doesn't help you. That is not to say she is compassionate and understanding. I really loved her and she helped me emmensely through my treatment for depressionand anxiety.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010