Ratings for Dr. Lary Tan

rude, awful care, would not recommend Dr Tan to anyone

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I am so grateful to Dr. Tan. He saved my life with emergency thoracic surgery and gave me excellent care.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Would not recommend. Father was a patient and i stayed with him most of the time. Dr Tan did not WASH his hand not wear GLOVES while touching inside his wound and went to the next 2 patients of his that were in the same room as my father and did not wash his hands in between nor wear gloves in between as i witnessed him do this.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

Had stage 4 lung cancer in 2010 ;he examined me and told me bluntly to put my affairs in order. After 6 months of chemo and another 6 months of radiation, he re-examined me and consented to do the surgery and removed a cancer " the size of a large grapefruit" . Dr. Tan pulls no punches and tells it like it is. Thankful to be here 5 years later due to his great skill,

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

Dr Tan is an excellent, caring doctor. He was my surgeon in 2001 and is following me again now. A wonderful man.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

father received surgery twice, is now deceased. I would avoid.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

There are not enough words to describe how incredible Dr Tan is.... he is as down to earth as they come, presents completely impartial options for you to decide on, and thensupports your decision and explains the way ahead. His Fellow and Residents are top drawer and are blessed to have him as a mentor. It was the scariest thing I had faced, and he made it so easy to deal with. Post op was quick and scars healing nicely. THANK YOU!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Dr. tan is excellent! He is very down to earth and speaks to you like you are his friend/neighbor. Explained everything very well and made me feel very comfortable and answered every question in detail. He did my surgery and my scars are impressively small and smooth! I could even wear a bikini if I wanted to!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I am so fortunate to have had Dr Tan to do my operation(lobectomy) he explained all the steps involved and the risks, made me feel at ease from the begining till I got discharged. I do feel like I won the lottery having had him as my surgeon. His staff and the students learning from him are also professional and very skilled. We are fortunate to have a doctor of his skill in Manitoba.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Dr Tan is ok Dr but his receptionist Lara or Lory what ever her name is is total b*tch I'm sorry for being so blunt about it but she said she made a apt for my mom at least a couple different times with she never did and she said she phoned me a couple and talk to me personally and that is not true I never talked to ever before in my life like I said Dr Tan seems to be a ok Dr but be very aware of his receptionist

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015