You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Lary Tan

I am so fortunate to have had Dr Tan to do my operation(lobectomy) he explained all the steps involved and the risks, made me feel at ease from the begining till I got discharged. I do feel like I won the lottery having had him as my surgeon. His staff and the students learning from him are also professional and very skilled. We are fortunate to have a doctor of his skill in Manitoba.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Dr Tan is ok Dr but his receptionist Lara or Lory what ever her name is is total b*tch I'm sorry for being so blunt about it but she said she made a apt for my mom at least a couple different times with she never did and she said she phoned me a couple and talk to me personally and that is not true I never talked to ever before in my life like I said Dr Tan seems to be a ok Dr but be very aware of his receptionist

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

After 5 yrs of unbearable nerve pain, Dr. Tan resected two thoracic ribs that were damaged and pinching the nerves. Dr, Tan listened to my concerns, provided me with alternatives and when I was ready completed my surgery. Found him very easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr Tan saved my life! I was told by Cancer Care @ St Boniface Hospital that my cancer in my lung had become INOPERABLE with nothing more they could do but chemo to help extend my life. I've had surgery by Dr Tan in the past year so we made an appointment to see him of course with the help of Dr Hochman I was in Dr Tans office the following few days. Dr Tan had my ct scan on his desktop and told me he had viewed it for the past 20 and could not find the lymph nodes that was supposed to be killing me . I told him the Cancer Care Dr said it was inoperable he told me that never even crossed his mind...He booked me for surgery the following week . He successfully removed two wedges from my "inoperable" lung. He's a great Dr that has given me and my family hope. People say he has no bedside manner, I beg to differ. I think he is totally misunderstood, he has a very funny personality. Anyhow if you want things done right he's your Dr! Thank You Dr Tan for not giving up on me!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

No bedside manner. Very rude. If he won't do anything for you, he could at least treat you with dignity and respect .Not a compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

The very, very best you are a lucky person if you referred to Dr. Tan

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

appointments are sometimes late, but that is due to the nature of his practice. He takes the time you need. He is very professional and is an excellent surgeon. His nurse practitioners are wonderful.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2011

I do not need to write too much, suffice to say. Dr Tan took over my case when others gave me up for dead...Matter of fact one Brandon 'Mashuguma' quack, gave me 10 minutes to three month maximum! After a very challenging surgical operation and some genuine TLC from him and his team I am declared Cancer Free! He is a great man and professional of the highest order.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

My husband passed away...but Dr. Tan was there all the way...teamed with Dr. Leylek...the two of them only had the family and patient's best interests at heart. Very timely in filling out forms...lol...something Dr.'s are not good about...and even in a social setting where he saw my son and I, he was genuinely concered for our well being. Fantastic thoracic surgeon...it was just too late my my partner. Thank you so much for the time, caring and your expertise.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

My experince with Dr Tan has been terrific during an otherwise unpleasant procedure. He has a very helpful staff under him. My pre-surgery visit with Dr Tan left me feeling very condident that I was in good hands. After the initial shock of being told what was coming wore off, he even(very promptly)phoned me back after I'd left a message with his Receptionist that "I had a few more questions on what I should expect pre & post surgery" My Post surgery experince has been very positive. Dr Tan was the first face I saw as I opened my eyes in recovery, as he stood over me making sure I was "OK". Any Post surgery questions I've asked have been answered thorough, concise, and to the point. Even with his case load, he never made me feel "rushed". I was even able to get into see him the same day I called for an unscheduled visit. A very nice man & very competant Doctor. The Earth is a better planet with Dr Tan on it, thats for sure!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

Dr. Lary Tan's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so fortunate to have had Dr Tan to do my operation(lobectomy) he explained all the steps involved and the risks, made me feel at ease from the begining til..."

November 14, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tan is ok Dr but his receptionist Lara or Lory what ever her name is is total b*tch I'm sorry for being so blunt about it but she said she made a apt for my ..."

June 5, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "R2C0" to "R3A 1R9". Address has been updated from "None" to "820 Sherbrook Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12047873791".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After 5 yrs of unbearable nerve pain, Dr. Tan resected two thoracic ribs that were damaged and pinching the nerves. Dr, Tan listened to my concerns, provided m..."

April 1, 2015