Ratings for Dr. Auret Van Heerdan

In many cases I've had him misdiagnose quickly and rush me out. Doesn't take a second look or research what might actually be the problem. Once he looked at a condition in my hands and said, "I can't cure warts..." and that's it. I went for a second opinion and it turns out it's a symptom of psoriasis. A second time I came in with an inured thumb. He told me it was arthritis and to take anti-inflammatories when it hurts. And wouldn't write me a prescription for physiotherapy even after I asked. I went to physio on my own dime and she told immediately that it was strained ligaments... gave me a brace and solved the problem.... seems like he just wants patients in aND out quick to get paid. Doesn't care

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Fixed my issue with no problem. Very professional.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Love my Doc. If you are ex military, he will be a good fit for you. Familiar decorum, but with a good civvie edge :) Got to say, my fav Doc ever. Good, patient, listens and acts.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

dr van heerden is a very decent doctor. I was satisfied how he helped me.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Dr. Van Heerden has been my doctor since I was a child. His staff are amazing, though the office is extremely busy they will always try to get you in if you express your need to be seen. Dr. Van Heerden is not quick to prescribe drugs, which I very much like. He listens closely to concerns and really seems to care about his patients problems. He is wonderful with children. I think he may need to take some peoples concerns more seriously but I have never had a problem with him personally. I would recommend him to people, however I would mention how extremely busy the clinic seems to be.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Dr. Van Heerden committed serious MEDICAL MALPRACTICE and is a disgrace to the profession. He was my father's family doctor for several years, and he was fine as long as Dad was healthy, but two years ago, when Dad started experiencing pain and numbness in his arms and legs, all Dr. Van Heerden ever did was prescribe painkillers. He was arrogant and lacked any compassion, and finally walked out of the examination room telling dad to get another doctor. Shortly after seeing a competent and caring family doctor, Dr. Blinkhorn, within months, Dad was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). Dr. Van Heerden missed an obvious diagnosis, causing Dad extreme pain and suffering for years, years he will never get back. Dr. Van Heerden's license should be revoked so no-one else has to suffer unnecessarily the way my Dad did while under his "care". Dr. Van Heerden is a disgrace to the profession.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

Has been my doctor for past 10 yrs. and has seen me through both a heart attack and prostate cancer. He shows personal concern for the state of my health, and I have full confidence in any diagnosis and treatment prescribed. I would recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

I had a major accident, and after discharge saw the doctor repeatedly during my recover. Never once did he examine me or even touch me. And as a result, without listening to my concerns and taking them seriously, missed a major injury that I had privately diagnosed by a specialist - that now requires reconstruction. Also prescribed narcotics without telling me, resulting in physical withdrawl for ten days when I stopped taking. Also one receptionist appears overworked and rude....snippy, always gets my name and appts wrong

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

Very good bedside manner pleasant and humorous but serious when need be

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

He has been my GP for 12+ yrs. He isn't quick to prescribe drugs for every problem, in fact he is more likely to find root causes than to use quick fixes. I wouldn't trade him in for anything. Thanks for being such a great physician.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008