Ratings for Dr. Elowitz Eric

Dr. Elowitz never examined me. He reviewed my MRIs and told me there was nothing wrong with my lumbar spine. (I explained that I have greatly diminished sensation in my legs, and that another doctor found lost nerve reflexes bilaterally in my ankles). I also explained that my symptoms worsen when sitting and walking. He told me whatever my problem was, it had nothing whatsoever to do with my spinal structures. Six weeks later, after running here, there & everywhere searching for answers, I find out there are several structural problems with my spine, clearly visible on XRays, which he refused to order when I asked whether XRays would be helpful. It turns out I have several structural deformities in my spine - to the extent that objective testing has discovered loss of sensory function in several nerve roots in my spine. I spent time, effort, and faced physical pain to get to his office. That visit was a total waste of my time. Totally useless!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2007