Ratings for Dr. Bill W. Haney

Was dealing with unbearable pain from transverse myelitis and within a month Dr Haney brought it down to a tolerable level. He asked pertinent questions and did not rush his examination. Ongoing treatment is working well.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I have had on going back and hip pain for years. I suffered through most every day fighting to sit or stand, and sleep was out of the question with this pain. I met with Dr. Haney, was sent for new imaging and was discovered that I have sclerosis of my hips. With the injections and treatment plan developed for me, I am able to sit and work a 40 hour plus week. I am able to join my family in outings and have a life again. His staff is exceptional, I feel like it is a family when I go in there. I may not agree with all the policies that are required such as the routine drug screens, but as I was explained, this is not just an pain doctor office, this is an actual certified Pain facility through the Kentucky medical society. I do not want to be a patient dependent on medications and was very excited to see that there were other options for me. I would rather have less pain and a functional life style other than being pain free on medications but too OUT OF IT to enjoy my family, friends and LIFE!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Haney by my regular doctor for my back pain. He immediately, without even looking at my MRI himself, or my x ray, (just read the results of what other doctors said) told me there was no way to fix my back and I just had to manage the pain. They said I needed a series of 3 shots, epidural injections. THEY DID NOT GIVE ME ANOTHER OPTION!!! I was pretty much told if I didn't do them they wouldn't help me. So I agreed to do them, I've been waiting 7 years for a doctor to help my pain. After the first shot I became very sick to my stomach, was in worse pain then when I went and 3 days after had the most terrible ibs episode that caused me to dedicate blood. This led to a gastrointestinal doctor that told me I had esophogitis, (this is an allergic reaction to the steroids they injected in my spine, but I didn't know that at this time) even after telling them at Haney about my serious issues after the first shot, I was told it was normal and was given the second shot. After the second shot I suffered even more pain and was even more nauseated, I felt drained and had a little bit of an issue peeing. I informed them of these symptoms and again was told it was normal and I was fine. The last shot I was given I woke up immediately with a severe spinal headache. This is caused by puncture of the duration sac that holds your spinal fluid. It took an hour and a half of this pain for the doctor to do a blood patch to help make it stop because he LEFT and went home before I even woke up!!! After this happened, I had to be wrote off work because of the severity of pain and lost my job. In the following week, I experienced numerous symptoms on top of the others including fatigue, headaches, severe muscle tightness in my neck back and arm, numbness in my arm, confusion, I acquired thrush, fluid in my ears, a very low white blood cell count, a rash, and many others!!! My husband called the office to explain my pain and we were sent for MRI and blood work after a week of this. I ended up in the hospital for 6 days severely sick and in pain. The doctor NEVER called me back after leaving a message for him. I had a very severe reaction to steroids being injected into my spinal fluid sac!!! They were VERY RUDE to me, and treat me as if this happens all the time, as the office manager told me. I could have contracted fungal or bacterial meningitis or died from this incompetence. Look up on the fda and you will see these shots are NOT even recommend for doing this at all!! And are not supposed to be done on me anyway because I have a auto immune disease as well. They still have not done anything to help me, apologized or even called to check on me. They only want the money that comes with the shot and will give them to everyone just so they can so charge your I nuance the 2000.00 they get for every shot you get. I do not recommend this doctor at all!!! OR THE SHOTS!!!!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. Bill W. Haney's Credentials

• Univ Of Louisville Sch Of Med, Louisville Ky 40202 (Grad. 1982)