Ratings for Dr. Brian W. Boate

Met with Dr Boate for the first time yesterday at the Carleton Place Hospital. He was professional, compassionate, caring and very understanding. He took his time with me and explained everything in English not the huge medical terms that many doctors use. I was so so happy with my first of many appointments. Even in leaving the hospital I felt so good. Dr Boate there needs to be more doctors , nurses etc out there like you. Thank you !!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Boate is very professional and yet compassionate, a very rare combination in a doctor of this complicated Rheumatology field. Anybody diagnosed with RA and being referred to Dr. Boate is well treated!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

As a family physician I am happy that Dr Boate is taking good care of me and my patients. He is punctual, pleasant and professional.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Boate is an absolutely wonderful physician and person.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

I saw Dr. Boate for my osteoarthritis. Before going I read online reviews that said he was perfunctory and businesslike. I had my entire orthopedic history in hand and had copies of my various ultrasound, MRI, CT Scan. EMG studies reports. He was very quiet and paid absolute attention as I gave him the highlights. He seemed very appreciative of that and that I had brought my reports as my family doctor had not sent anything. While he is matter of fact and business like and likes to move along I found him to be very polite, compassionate, respectful and thorough in his examination. He gave me his conclusions in a very concise manner. I would recommend his services highly and suggest that anyone who is seeing him go prepared with any information you have. He is always professional but I never doubted his abilities and his interest in my case.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I have Scleraderma Crest. It has been a long 20 years and I am alive and well thanks to Dr. Boate. The mental challenges dealing with this disease and limitations have been tough. He never babied me nor belittled my concerns. He was always honest and never made me feel like I helpless. In fact his manner and kindness is pleasant and he is consistent. He is very knowledgable and I trust him with my life. Kudos to MDs who chose a profession that is vague and full of pain. Dealing with pts who are suffering and with autoimmune disorders there are often no answers just treatment and TLC. We often want to be fixed or cured and that is not the case. He is a no nonsense person always professional, smiles makes eye contact and needs to be thanked for his bedside manner.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I found him quick to prescribe/push medication/narcotics to manage problems as apposed to finding a proper diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I initially found Dr. Boate to be somewhat cold and distant; it took a few visits for him to "warm up" and display his more compassionate side. Now after some approximately 10 years as his patient I can say that he is always punctual, always willing to answer questions, concerned and compassionate -- although his manner is not emotive. He listens and considers any comments I make and if I am not at first satisfied with a response, will expand or clarify without being defensive. In all, I have found him to be very competent and pleasant.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Helped to get my condition under control. Much appreciated. Very knowledgeable and interested in my condition.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012