Ratings for Dr. Derek Robinson

Great doctor. Too bad he is retiring shortly , wish him all the best

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

never waited more then 2 minutes in his waiting room in 10 yrs!!!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Dr. Robinson took over from Dr. Burks prior and these are the only 2 family Dr's I have ever had ( I know, lucky ). Dr. Robinson is a fantastic Dr. He has been taking care of myself and my wife and 2 sons for 25 years now. He still allows my parents to come into a room together, something they have always done. He was quick in his treatment for me for Cancer, called after my surgery and showed care that is non-existent in some physicians these days. We feel fortunate and blessed. Thank You. M.H.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I have been seeing the Dr since he started family practice. He took over a family practice just as my father was entering the last days of his life. He made house and answered any questions that the family had with compassion. NO complaints. Comments about one question per appointment is news to me. I have never experienced that. Yes he is quick but he has other patients waiting and doesn't know what the day will hold. He has no problem refering to a specialist and those specialists book appointments within a reasonable time. No year long waits. Very happy with this doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Dr. Derek Robinson has worked with 3 generations of my family, and I hope one day he will see to my children. He is gentle, professional, caring and VERY knowledgable.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

I have been seeing him for several years and never have had to wait. The "one issue per appointment" that others have mentioned has never affected me, but it would not surprise me if it was true. The physical examination is very cursory, takes 10 minutes tops. He seems to rely primarily on lab tests--and of course any symptoms brought to his attention--to detect problems. Tends to do more talking than listening. Very readily refers the patient to a specialist. In spite of all the above, I would recommend him particularly if you, like me, can't stand waiting, and if you can have your specialists continue to monitor whatever big problems you may have.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

I transferred to Dr. Robinson from another Dr. as Dr. R. has been my wife's Dr. throughout her life. I find him pleasant and approachable and am happy with my decision to switch over to him.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

I went to my regular doctor who was closed so the sign forwarded me to the clinic. The clinic was very busy, so after waiting 1.5 hours, I finally got in to see him. I had 2 issues I was there for, but after mentioning the first one, he checked me quickly, then started to write out a prescription. I then started mentioning my second issue in which he said, "i'm sorry but we usually only deal with one issue at a time." I was like what???? I've never heard of that before.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

A good doctor to get into. He explains everything for you to understand in your own way.Listens to you when i see him and then does a proper treatment when needs to be done

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

I have had nothing but trouble with this guy. First, he refused to test me for diabetes even though the symptoms were quite obvious. When I insisted he agreed, only to call me at home and tell me to go to hospital. Then a few years later I had an infection in my breast. He gave me anti-biotics, but they weren't working. I went to see him again and he gave me a stronger medication. The condition got worse and I ended up at the hospital, where they told me that he had given me an anti-biotic for a lung infection. Now, I've been having trouble with my blood pressure, so I made an appointment. He accused the doctor who took my blood pressure of incompetence, and didn't take me seriously. He told me to monitor it at home for a month and then go see him. My blood pressure ranged from 170/120 to 145/91. I now have to go to the clinic to be seen by a competent doctor. I definitely need to find a better doctor. This one rushes you out of the office and is pompous.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2008