Dr. Robert W. Rice

Ratings for Dr. Robert W. Rice

My son has had a problem with severe pain in his testicles(scrotum) for a couple of months now. Our family doctor's office referred us to Dr. Rice's office. We were the first one's to see him in the morning, and still had to wait over an hour. After examining him, he just got up and walked out of the room, WITHOUT EVEN TELLING HIM WHAT HE THOUGHT THE PROBLEM WAS OR A COURSE OF TREATMENT. A couple weeks later we are back in the ER, where the ER doctor diagnosed him with varicocele, an abnormal growth of blood vessels in the testicle, which may require surgery. We called Dr. Rice back and he refuses to see him, saying he is not concerned with my son's condition. He told us to go back to our family doctor.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

I cannot find any convincing evidence that this MD is board certified in any branch of Urology.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2011

iHAVE BEEN SEEING DR. RICE FOR OVER 5 YEARS IF I HAD A PROBLEM WITH HIM I WOULD NOT STILL BE HIS PATIENT

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

I do my doctoring with Dr. Waters but he was unavailable. Dr. Rice told me it was routine kidney stone surgery when I came in to Emergency in pain. When I woke up in Toledo they told me that Dr. Rice had a helicopter bring me there after he screwed it all up. When I saw Dr. Waters in Bellevue after the fiasco, he apologized telling me that Dr. Rice was more of a "public relations" doctor. (he gives talks to the VFW and recruits other senior citzens) I would NEVER let this "PR" doctor do anything to me again.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

I had my kidney stones shocked a bunch of times by Dr. Rice and they would not bust up. I complained to the nurse because I was getting frustrated and my bill was going up. I overheard her talking to Dr. Waters about my situation and to see if there was something else we could do. Dr. Water laughingly exclaimed "...Rice ownes the machine...he would shock a dog...of course he gets paid for it..." I am so furious and ANGRY. The idea that he ownes the equipment and ran up my bill should be ILLEGAL.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

People were sitting in the waiting room complaining about everything--the wait, the doctor, the service. His waiting room was similar to when the airline cancels your flight and you are stranded. I finally got back to see him and his was short with me. He seemed entirely focused on getting out the door. When I asked questions he just put his hand on the door and told me "it will get better". I told my doctor that I never wanted to go back to Dr. Rice but he said that unless I see one of his partners there is no one else. I am going to find someone else even if I have to drive to Columbus.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2008

We went to see him on a Monday. He spent about 3 minutes with us and got a bunch of tests. When we were told that our insurance would not cover most of it we wanted him to explain what they were for. He would not call us back but he found time to send us a bill for $$$. I wish I had found this site sooner cause a never would have went to him.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

Dr. Robert W. Rice's Credentials

• Dalhousie Univ, Fac Of Med, Halifax, Ns, Canada (Grad. 1973)

HealthFirst