Ratings for Dr. Andrew Nataraj

I had surgery a couple years back with this doctor, I complained of pain immediately after the surgery. I had one follow up appointment and much to my surprise according to his secretary, Elaine I was released. I tried to see him again but was refused by his secretary. Mine is not the only complaint about his secretary read the reviews under this doctor, he must be aware of who he's employing. I'm still seeking to have my back issues rectified after his surgery and the refusal to see me a couple years after.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I had decompression surgery with Dr Nataraj this March. When I first met him, I found him direct and a little scary. He told me with the difficulties I was having, if I did not have the surgery I would be unable to walk in 2 years. I have never been more thankful. He gave me a whole new outlook on the world and I am actually 2 inches taller. I think he is amazing! So glad I was referred to him!!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I was never actually introduced to Dr. Andrew Nataraj until I found out he assisted on my surgery 5 years after the fact when I tried to go back to see him due to complications. In dealing with Dr. Nataraj and particularly his secretary who looks after booking his clinic appointments I must say I feel left out and slapped in the face. They refused to see me in any capacity. Elaine, who is Dr. Nataraj's secretary is an awfully rude women, who didn't hesitate to put me down at every opportunity and essentially make me feel stupid for asking for help. The level of care I received is non existent. I would recommend to all prospective patient's to be weary, while you are sick or injured now, they will take care of you. But I was informed that their duty of care only extends a year after the surgery. Meaning; if something occurs 366 days after your surgery you are S.O.L and not their problem.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Amazing, kind man. Really cares for his patients. Acted very quickly for my father in law and the results of the surgery are amazing to say the least! My father in law needed spine surgery and after months of pain, no work , no sleep and constant pain, and falling Dr Nataraj looked at how bad my father in law was and admitted him immediately after reviewing his X-rays and meeting my father for first time, surgery was two days later! Beyond estatic, it's been a week and he Is greatly stronger, walking better, sleeping ! Huge results! Beyond greatful for Dr. Nataraj! He is simple the best!!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I do not usually take the time to post things on websites...but in this case I will. For three weeks I had extreme pain in my forehead, unlike anything I felt before. I went to the E.R. FOUR different times only to be given a shot and sent home. I suffer from migraines but this pain was completely different as I told four different doctors. However, none had taken the time to do any testing. Until I ended up in the emergency after passing out. That is when i had the luck to have Dr. Nataraj who immediately did a CT scan and realized I had a sinus infection which had leaked into my brain. That day I had a seizure, which I have never had in my life. He immediately got me in for surgery. I was in hospital for just over three weeks while on antibiotics. In that time he stopped by to see me every day...sometimes more than once! I have had surgery before but did not meet my doctor for three days after. Dr. Nataraj was very thorough in explaining everything to me and in no way tried to rush off. After I was released I had to phone his office to book a follow up appt. The staff was great and got me in to see him within the week. Again, at this appt., he made sure to bring up all the following scans to show and explain to me what was going on. He told me I may need another surgery, but was not one of those doctors who book un-needed surgeries. He explained the pros and the cons. Again, not rushing me out the door. He made me feel assured and I knew I was in the best hands. I thank god he was the Doctor on duty that day I came in. I really hopes he reads these comments, because he basically saved my life! Oh, and by the way, he was not rude, I was a smoker and he could not have been nicer! If you are in need of a tricky or touchy surgery, you need to see him. I believe him to be the best in his field!!!!!! and many Thanks to Dr. Nataraj!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

My appointment to see Dr. Nataraj was changed twice by him and his secretary. But, when I (finally) saw him, I realized why.... he is the best, and many patients want to see him. We spent 30 min talking about spine surgery and nerve healing, and all of my questions were answered (the answers were different than what i had read). He usually alots 20 min per patient, so when we were finished, I heard a patient who was delayed because of me complain to Dr. Nataraj because my appointment delayed someone else's. I think it is important to be on time, but I also think it is important to have the best advice. I don't think it is possible for everybody to always be happy, but I think Dr. Nataraj is very mindful of time and gives great advice. I trust everything he says, and I would wait a long time for his opinion...its thoughtful and takes the patient point of view.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

He is direct and honest doesnt beat around the bush. Thinks analytically and willing to do more tests if needed to properly diagnose your condition or problem.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

A March 2012 MRI showed a synovial cyst and, with my family doctor away, I was referred to a local orthopedic surgeon. When my own doctor returned, he maintained I needed to see a Neurosurgeon and referred me to Dr. Nataraj. The appointments to see both doctors took place in June, within one week of each other. The local ortho was set to do a spinal fusion for the "arthritis" and when questioned about the synovial cyst, he quipped that he would just take that out when he was doing the spinal fusion. Ah-no! Two days later I saw Dr. Nataraj at the Spine Assessment clinic. Thank goodness I did! He was thorough in his explanation of why the cyst was there and what needed to be done. It was a long wait for surgery (January 2013) but I am so thankful I waited for Dr. Nataraj! The surgery was complicated and would have been a disaster if the ortho guy would have hacked away. Always get a second opinion!! Dr. Nataraj is a skilled and professional surgeon - one of the best!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

Thank you for seeing me so quickly and explaining everything to me. Your staff were friendly and treated me in a friendly manner. We should have more Dr's like him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

Dr Nataraj is great, but his receptionist has absolutely no people skills. She didn't notify me of my surgery date, was impossible to get ahold of, and was extremely rude, shouting at me on the phone over a scheduling misunderstanding. Elaine shouldn't be working with people!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012