Ratings for Dr. Tammy C. D'Souza

I love Dr D'Souza.... She is a very caring and competent doctor. I know many doctors and she is one of the best! I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

This doctor is ok. She has always been nice to me, but is always very late (leaving me sitting on the hard table bed for at least 30 mins after waiting in the waiting room for 20 mins after my appointment time), and is rushed. The Sound Family Medicine system and support staff is what ruins this whole operation. People on the phone, if you can reach a person, are abrupt rude and not willing to help. People you talk with face to face at the front desk are so rude. There is this older gentleman at the puyallup Hartland location that works at the front desk (grey hair and glasses). What an absolute rude person! There was a huge line and he was on the phone joking around with someone while the other lady at the desk (by the way also rude, and standoffish, and also couldn't hear a darn thing she said cause she was so quiet and void of all emotion) was left to slowly tend to the growing line. I had gone in there for depression and had to explain that i was depressed to to person on the phone making the appointment, when i got there to check in, when the nurse came in and once again when the doctor came in. What a horrible experience. I was already freaking out, and then explaining it to random people who dont and cant help?!? The first time i said i was depressed should have been the only time it was brought up besides when talking with the doc. I had recently gone in there and had samples taken for lab analysis. They notified me of my blood work via a letter in the mail...... The remaining 4 lab results were not given to me in a timely manner. The doc (Jessica Metzger) had reviewed them and referred me to a specialist without my knowledge. I tried calling for 4 days to get test results that were already in and reviewed. They tried to say they were not in yet, and the doctor will get back to me. Worst experience with a doctors office i have ever had. I would NEVER recommend ANY doctor there an would tell people to stay clear of this operation that clearly doesn't put their patients first.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

My last visit to this Dr was on Feb 29th. I can not say it will be my last. When going to see a Dr for pain she walked into the room sat down and asked what the problem was and when I told her I had pain in my legs her response was, "well, your fat, you need to lose weight". I had my 6 yr old grandson in the room with me. I was totally appalled with her and her total disregard for a child sitting there and hearing that. Her response, " oh I thought we had a good enough relationship to say that. I am a cancer survivor and she knows this, I gained 30lbs with chemo, and 2 of my meds cause weight gain and bone pain. After my reaction she decided to check my chart about my meds - sorry, she should already know side effects of the meds I am on. To further insult the situation, she asked me in front of my grandson why his parents don't have him. Really? I have been raising him since birth, she knows the story already but to ask me with him standing right there with me was inexcusable. RUDE

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

I have had a horrible time with this doctor. She does not listen to your concerns and makes you feel like you are wasting her time. she is always 30 min to an hour late and when I finally do get to go in and be seen she is rushed and distracted. completely unprofessional, she e-mailed me my diagnosis and gave me a handout to read rather than explaining my condition to me. I had lab work done 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back from her despite me calling every other day.The staff keep saying that she will get back to me by the end of the day, and that hasn't happened. I am done with this doctor, and will be switching clinics as well.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2012

I love Dr D'Souza...she is nice she listens and never makes you feel rushed. She is a very caring and compitent doctor. I have worked in the medical feild for 10 years and I know many doctors and she is one of the best! I highly reccomend her.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

My experience was exactly like the previous remarks- I thought for a second it was me. I was with her for 2+ years and had to switch. She types while you talk, very distracting and very impersonal. The exams have consisted of a quick listen to chest and back to computer. She refers out for everything, then sends you on your way with some meds. This doctor is almost always 30 min+ behind, the staff is incompetent- they discuss your business so that everyone in the waiting room can be privvy. Bottom line, this is not a professional clinic or doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

just repeated and typed what I said, never addressed the issues. Had BP of 185 over 120, gave me xanax and sent me on my way. Does not listen, or seem to care. Time is money when in the room so hurried along. NEVER AGAIN.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

Did not listen to anything I said; immediately pushed meds on me when I mentioned anxiety instead of exploring alternative therapies; I just wanted out of there. Her "breast exam" was incomplete and extremely basic at best. She did not listen to what I was trying to talk to her about - important things like gall bladder surgery and csection pain. She told me that I couldn't get blood work done because I hadn't fasted for 10 hours. I was sick two days before and all I had eaten was one piece of toast in 24 hours, but that was enough to offset my cholesterol so much that I had to come back later? Frankly, I was glad to be done with her. I encourage anyone thinking about seeing her reconsider.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

Great Dr.! She actually listens and interacts with the patients. Doesn't brush off concerns.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2007