You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Catherine Zip

Depending on how busy the clinic is the day of, there may be a short or long wait time. Regardless, it is worth the wait. Dr Cathy Zip is extremely knowledgeable and to the point. She answered all of my questions. Trust her diagnoses and follow her care instructions. I agree with the majority of reviewers though that the front end staff are quite unfriendly.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I arrived for my 7:30 am appointment at 7:20am and filled out the required paperwork, handed it to the receptionist and sat down. By 8:00 after seeing people that came in after me go into rooms I asked what was going on with my appointment only to find out my paperwork had been misplaced and they didn't know where it was. I had an 8:30 meeting for work so there was no way I could wait for the 3 people that were taken in ahead of me to finish their appointments. I have waited 6 months for this appointment and was expecting to wait 20-30 mins, not over an hour to be seen. Just because dermatologists are a hot commodity in this city does not mean they can abuse patients time. This may not have been the doctors fault, but maybe hiring more competent staff would go a long way! Hopefully what is going on with me isn't serious and I can see another doctor. 6 months from now....

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

-It takes 6 months to get an appointment and if you need to switch the date you wil lbe waiting another 6 months. -30 minute wait times unless you are the first appointment of the day. -Staff aren't friendly. -the parking lot is like tetris trying to get into a spot. -She is knowledgeable but is halfway out the door after 5 minutes, despite you having more questions.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

AWESOME. I went into this appointment expecting the worst because I read her reviews last night. I almost cancelled this appointment and was going to ask my GP for a different referral. I am a dentist and had to block off my Morning and could not be late for my early afternoon surgery. Most of the reviews say they had to wait 30min to over an hour.The receptionist was very nice and friendly,the questionaire was short and to the point,and I was in the back within 5min. Her assistant was pleasant and Dr Zip was in the room within 3 minutes. I was prepared to quickly list all my concerns and practiced so I wouldn't forget anything. She seemed shy at first and stood far away, right by the door.That ended quickly. She examined my leg was confident I had nothing to worry about but was willing to remove and biopsy on the spot anyway. She was quick, and I did NOT FEEL A THING! !!!!!! She was friendly, talkative and very informative. I had no issues and am glad I gave them a chance. Dr.D

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Pro's: she's nice Con's: - You get 2 milliseconds of her time - Her front desk staff could care less! (One wears sunglasses on her head as she sits at her computer) I just think it's unprofessional - the office needs a huge renovation - I had a mole removed (about 6 stitches) the stitches did not heal and I was left with a big scar. Not her fault, it was on my leg which can be tough to heal but when I went to show her she couldn't really care less. Anyways, I'm trying someone new.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Her receptionist was terribly rude on more than one occasion.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

The appointments are set up like they were in the previous century - too may bookings in a day. After having to go there for the last 3 years, you might get 5 minutes with her after waiting 30 minutes or more, even in the early morning.. Overbooked. The front staff are usually abrupt and act like people coming in for their appointments are an interruption. If you forget to schedule your next appointment in 6 months before you leave, they WILL make you see you referring doctor if only 6 months has lapsed. This is a waste of Alberta tax dollars. Dr Zip is apparently quite bright, but she does seem to only treat symptoms and not discuss underlying causes or provide education about the disease. At the end of the day, I think just the clinic managers are setting the tone with their staff and making things miserable for patients.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr Zip has always been great to me and my daughter, staff is busy but helpful

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I did not have to wait for an unreasonably long period of time - 30 minutes in the waiting room and 15 in the examining room. ALL of the staff were polite and some were quite friendly. Dr. Zip was also quite friendly and helpful. She didn't rush me and I certainly felt that she was listening to me. I would not hesitate at all to recommend her. In fact, the next time my mother needs a dermatologist I will ask her G.P. to refer her to Dr. Zip.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Waited 30 minutes last my appt time. I got reemed out by the receptionst for not having my Alberta health care card. My family doctor sent all that information when he sent the referral. Then when I went to ask why it was taking so long, the receptionist (with the accent) was a complete jerk to me. Giving me attitude and telling me it's a doctors office and to expect wait times. Last time I checked, I don't recall it being a walk in clinic. Good grief! I would not recommend this office at all. And I will be letting my family doctor know.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Dr. Catherine Zip's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Depending on how busy the clinic is the day of, there may be a short or long wait time. Regardless, it is worth the wait. Dr Cathy Zip is extremely knowledgeab..."

May 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I arrived for my 7:30 am appointment at 7:20am and filled out the required paperwork, handed it to the receptionist and sat down. By 8:00 after seeing people th..."

May 11, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "-It takes 6 months to get an appointment and if you need to switch the date you wil lbe waiting another 6 months. -30 minute wait times unless you are the fir..."

May 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "AWESOME. I went into this appointment expecting the worst because I read her reviews last night. I almost cancelled this appointment and was going to ask my GP ..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Pro's: she's nice Con's: - You get 2 milliseconds of her time - Her front desk staff could care less! (One wears sunglasses on her head as she sits at h..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Her receptionist was terribly rude on more than one occasion. "

February 8, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "The appointments are set up like they were in the previous century - too may bookings in a day. After having to go there for the last 3 years, you might get 5 m..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Zip has always been great to me and my daughter, staff is busy but helpful"

December 21, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I did not have to wait for an unreasonably long period of time - 30 minutes in the waiting room and 15 in the examining room. ALL of the staff were polite and ..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Waited 30 minutes last my appt time. I got reemed out by the receptionst for not having my Alberta health care card. My family doctor sent all that information ..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I've been going to Dr. Zip for over 5 years now. Never once has my appointment been on time or even within 30min of the scheduled appointment. When Dr Zip does ..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "An absolute 2 hour waste of my time missing work for this appointment. I could tell Dr. Zip was uninterested in what I was trying to tell her and didn't care t..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Staff is unpleasant at this place but Dr Zip is great. Only complaint is the long appointment dates. Whats the point of seeing a dermatologist if you have skin..."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I came because I was noticing my skin was very itchy and irritated. Dr. Zip was very helpful and found me some medications. She was very sweet and polite. Would..."

July 1, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T2S 3B3". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 124 42 Avenue Sw". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032995840".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Zip on three occasions. Each time she entered the room, she kept her hand on the door nob. She was so disinterested and in such a hurry she misdiagnose..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zip is good. Her staff is terrible!!!! Unfriendly, unwilling to help at all. If you want to attract or retain more patients better re-train your staff with ..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I arrived for a first thing in the morning appointment and still had to wait an additional 35 minutes. Dr. Zip entered the room - DID NOT INTRODUCE HERSELF and ..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zip was very pleasant and thorough. Her staff was the only disappointing part of the experience. "

April 8, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I think Dr zip is great , helpful and very friendly. I think her staff aren't very friendly and I usually have to wait an hour after my scheduled appointment. A..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Zip is very knowledgable, compassionate and very thorough. I was referred to her because of malignant melanoma and while, yes, I have to wait in the examini..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Receptionists (all of them) were terrible. Both on the phone and in person. They missed my prescriptions, are condescending and just want you out. Dr Zip, while..."

November 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Zip has been my dermatologist for years. I find her to be kind, compassionate and caring. She is knowledgeable and has stepped above and beyond for me in way..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr zip was great my only complaint is their receptionist(old blond lady)customer service was horrible she needs to take a customer service course."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent service and very knowledgeable Doctor. Provided helpful advice."

September 22, 2014