Ratings for Dr. Catherine Zip

I've been to Dr. Zip twice now, and both times, the front end staff have been rude, arrogant and lazy. It's almost comical, how important they think they are, and how badly they treat the customers. Long wait times in both cases. The first visit, Dr. Zip stood in the doorway like she didn't want to get anywhere near any more skin. The 2nd visit was better, she actually examined me quite thoroughly and was quite professional. The parking situation is crazy - always full, and the stalls are so narrow. But the worst is definitely the receptionist with dark hair and glasses. Awful person.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

The staff at the front desk need some PR skills. Dr Zipp cares and demonstrates in her bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

The front receptionist needs to be fired! I don't mind Dr Zip at all but I hate coming in to see her because of her front receptionist! She's very rude to me. She doesn't communicate with me and she makes me wait for her to respond. Everytime I come in and see her. Im always waiting an hour to see the doctor. I do believe the receptionist has something to do with this. Dr Zip will lose a customer if they keep her!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

I have been extremely fortunate to have Dr. Zip as my trusted dermatologist for over 20 years. She is compassionate, knowledgeable, practical, and optimistic when dealing with patients. Dr. Zip has always gone the extra mile to assist me whenever an issue arises by calling me or my pharmacist directly on the same day. She is very organized and, although I only see her once or twice a year, she recalls my case with accuracy and ease. She is friendly and doesn't rush you when you're meeting with her. Wait times are to be expected in this age of health care cuts but, compared to other specialists, Dr. Zip is as efficient as possible with her appointment times. Her staff has experienced some issues over the years but they've been resolved on my recent visits and they are by no means a reflection of the great care that Dr. Zip provides. It's also important to note that the Dermatology Center no longer has 4 to 5 doctors on Dr. Zip's floor. This may have contributed to the longer wait times and some people's negative encounters with front office staff in the past since the number of patients was much higher back then. Booking appointments with Dr. Zip is much easier than at other specialists. They allow you to book several months in advance and even up to a full year ahead of time. It's also rare to have specialists' offices call to remind you about appointments nowadays but her office staff does follow this protocol. Unlike some offices, phone calls are answered promptly and you won't need to call back repeatedly to speak to someone. The nearby pharmacy is top notch as well. I have personally witnessed renovations over the years so, in response to previous reviews about the office decor, attempts have been made to update it. Anyone would be blessed to call Dr. Zip their dermatologist!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

The best way I can describe Dr. Zip is RUDE, RUDE and RUDE. Doesn't care about anything other than money. Stay Away!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Very impressed with the kind and knowledgeable service I received from Dr. Zip, including a personal phone call from herself when I had side effects from a drug. I never feel rushed with her and she even squeezed me into an appointment with very short notice. My skin has never been better. Just be prepared for the long wait in reception if you have an afternoon appointment.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Zip for a few years and have no complaints. She is very knowledgeable and has an excellent bedside manner. The front desk staff are also great except for one younger gal named Crystal (dark hair & dark framed glasses). The doctors at this clinic need to take note that she is not very helpful, tends to answer the phone like you're interrupting her work and gives off a tremendous amount of attitude. I see Dr. Zip on a semi-regular basis and have called in the past to get a printout of my future appointments faxed to my work (so I could give it to my employer). On two separate occasions, I had to make this request through her and right off the bat she says "we don't do that....I can give you the dates over the phone". I told her that someone always has in the past which only garnered me MORE attitude because then she knew that I knew that she was making up excuses simply because she didn't want to do it. I got the silent treatment while I was on the phone waiting for her to say whether or not she would fax it to me, then she put me on hold and when she came back the only thing she said was "fax number". No "sorry about that" or nothing. As it stands now, I requested the fax at 11:40 am and it's now 1:16 pm and I still haven't received anything. I know they're closed over the lunch hour but considering she had my appointments pulled up on her system while I was talking to her at 11:40 am, I can't see why it couldn't have been faxed to me before noon. I asked her her name before ending the call so I'm sure the delay is just her giving me attitude again.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Depending on how busy the clinic is the day of, there may be a short or long wait time. Regardless, it is worth the wait. Dr Cathy Zip is extremely knowledgeable and to the point. She answered all of my questions. Trust her diagnoses and follow her care instructions. I agree with the majority of reviewers though that the front end staff are quite unfriendly.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I arrived for my 7:30 am appointment at 7:20am and filled out the required paperwork, handed it to the receptionist and sat down. By 8:00 after seeing people that came in after me go into rooms I asked what was going on with my appointment only to find out my paperwork had been misplaced and they didn't know where it was. I had an 8:30 meeting for work so there was no way I could wait for the 3 people that were taken in ahead of me to finish their appointments. I have waited 6 months for this appointment and was expecting to wait 20-30 mins, not over an hour to be seen. Just because dermatologists are a hot commodity in this city does not mean they can abuse patients time. This may not have been the doctors fault, but maybe hiring more competent staff would go a long way! Hopefully what is going on with me isn't serious and I can see another doctor. 6 months from now....

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

-It takes 6 months to get an appointment and if you need to switch the date you wil lbe waiting another 6 months. -30 minute wait times unless you are the first appointment of the day. -Staff aren't friendly. -the parking lot is like tetris trying to get into a spot. -She is knowledgeable but is halfway out the door after 5 minutes, despite you having more questions.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016