Ratings for Dr. Catherine Zip

The best way I can describe Dr. Zip is RUDE, RUDE and RUDE. Doesn't care about anything other than money. Stay Away!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Very impressed with the kind and knowledgeable service I received from Dr. Zip, including a personal phone call from herself when I had side effects from a drug. I never feel rushed with her and she even squeezed me into an appointment with very short notice. My skin has never been better. Just be prepared for the long wait in reception if you have an afternoon appointment.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Zip for a few years and have no complaints. She is very knowledgeable and has an excellent bedside manner. The front desk staff are also great except for one younger gal named Crystal (dark hair & dark framed glasses). The doctors at this clinic need to take note that she is not very helpful, tends to answer the phone like you're interrupting her work and gives off a tremendous amount of attitude. I see Dr. Zip on a semi-regular basis and have called in the past to get a printout of my future appointments faxed to my work (so I could give it to my employer). On two separate occasions, I had to make this request through her and right off the bat she says "we don't do that....I can give you the dates over the phone". I told her that someone always has in the past which only garnered me MORE attitude because then she knew that I knew that she was making up excuses simply because she didn't want to do it. I got the silent treatment while I was on the phone waiting for her to say whether or not she would fax it to me, then she put me on hold and when she came back the only thing she said was "fax number". No "sorry about that" or nothing. As it stands now, I requested the fax at 11:40 am and it's now 1:16 pm and I still haven't received anything. I know they're closed over the lunch hour but considering she had my appointments pulled up on her system while I was talking to her at 11:40 am, I can't see why it couldn't have been faxed to me before noon. I asked her her name before ending the call so I'm sure the delay is just her giving me attitude again.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Depending on how busy the clinic is the day of, there may be a short or long wait time. Regardless, it is worth the wait. Dr Cathy Zip is extremely knowledgeable and to the point. She answered all of my questions. Trust her diagnoses and follow her care instructions. I agree with the majority of reviewers though that the front end staff are quite unfriendly.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I arrived for my 7:30 am appointment at 7:20am and filled out the required paperwork, handed it to the receptionist and sat down. By 8:00 after seeing people that came in after me go into rooms I asked what was going on with my appointment only to find out my paperwork had been misplaced and they didn't know where it was. I had an 8:30 meeting for work so there was no way I could wait for the 3 people that were taken in ahead of me to finish their appointments. I have waited 6 months for this appointment and was expecting to wait 20-30 mins, not over an hour to be seen. Just because dermatologists are a hot commodity in this city does not mean they can abuse patients time. This may not have been the doctors fault, but maybe hiring more competent staff would go a long way! Hopefully what is going on with me isn't serious and I can see another doctor. 6 months from now....

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

-It takes 6 months to get an appointment and if you need to switch the date you wil lbe waiting another 6 months. -30 minute wait times unless you are the first appointment of the day. -Staff aren't friendly. -the parking lot is like tetris trying to get into a spot. -She is knowledgeable but is halfway out the door after 5 minutes, despite you having more questions.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

AWESOME. I went into this appointment expecting the worst because I read her reviews last night. I almost cancelled this appointment and was going to ask my GP for a different referral. I am a dentist and had to block off my Morning and could not be late for my early afternoon surgery. Most of the reviews say they had to wait 30min to over an hour.The receptionist was very nice and friendly,the questionaire was short and to the point,and I was in the back within 5min. Her assistant was pleasant and Dr Zip was in the room within 3 minutes. I was prepared to quickly list all my concerns and practiced so I wouldn't forget anything. She seemed shy at first and stood far away, right by the door.That ended quickly. She examined my leg was confident I had nothing to worry about but was willing to remove and biopsy on the spot anyway. She was quick, and I did NOT FEEL A THING! !!!!!! She was friendly, talkative and very informative. I had no issues and am glad I gave them a chance. Dr.D

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Pro's: she's nice Con's: - You get 2 milliseconds of her time - Her front desk staff could care less! (One wears sunglasses on her head as she sits at her computer) I just think it's unprofessional - the office needs a huge renovation - I had a mole removed (about 6 stitches) the stitches did not heal and I was left with a big scar. Not her fault, it was on my leg which can be tough to heal but when I went to show her she couldn't really care less. Anyways, I'm trying someone new.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Her receptionist was terribly rude on more than one occasion.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

The appointments are set up like they were in the previous century - too may bookings in a day. After having to go there for the last 3 years, you might get 5 minutes with her after waiting 30 minutes or more, even in the early morning.. Overbooked. The front staff are usually abrupt and act like people coming in for their appointments are an interruption. If you forget to schedule your next appointment in 6 months before you leave, they WILL make you see you referring doctor if only 6 months has lapsed. This is a waste of Alberta tax dollars. Dr Zip is apparently quite bright, but she does seem to only treat symptoms and not discuss underlying causes or provide education about the disease. At the end of the day, I think just the clinic managers are setting the tone with their staff and making things miserable for patients.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016