Ratings for Dr. Catherine Zip

Be VERY careful with this Dr. I am disturbed to read she still has a phototherapy lab. I was 21 when I first saw Dr Zip and had developed psoriasis. She recommended phototherapy (i.e. Tanning) which I was not too sure about has I have fair skin and freckles. She told me research shows people with Psoriasis have a one in a billion chance of getting skin cancer. I am now 36; I have seen two other dermatologists over the years who both adamantly told me tanning is not safe and the only people who have reduced risk are asians with psoriasis. Just got diagnosed with skin cancer, I never tan in the sun the only place I tanned was those years in Dr Zip's lab (at which I got quite a few nasty burns). Disgusting, this woman should not be in practice.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Had a couple of bad experiences with Zip. She didn't listen to me and didn't seem to care at all about my concerns. I have a history of skin cancer and did not feel safe seeing her regularly.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I just don't understand how you can wait an hour first thing in the morning. She must have 20 patients booked per hour. After going here for several years nothing has changed, seems to be very inefficient and always overbooked.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

i've been seeing dr. zip for longer than i can remember. i'm so glad to have her in my corner after a few rounds of skin cancer and several other more minor issues. one was that i had a very stubborn issue on my foot that was not cured by incredibly painful treatments, and then surgery by another doctor. dr. zip sorted it out in one visit, with zero recurrence. the wait can be really tough, so now i book first thing in the morning. i believe there have been some staff issues, but i just had the most professional and respectful conversation with a person i am not familiar with... so it seems to me that this issue may have been sorted.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Terrible office , will not be continuing with them, the front end staff at phototherapy is probably worse I've come across anywhere. I've had more professional encounters at my dog groomers .

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

It is unbelievable that we have put up with this office as long as we have. The phototherapy receptionist is a human being that treats all people like complete garbage. We go to this clinic for our 9 year old daughter who is struggling with Vitilgo. I am pretty sure she thinks quite highly of herself and how important her job is (comical really) well what she is best at (is not running on time although she likes to tell you that she is always right) I am pretty sure the only successful thing that she does is ruin people's day. As for Dr Zip we waited for over an hour to see her first thing in the morning. With my daughter stripped down in a cold room. Then she stood in the doorway- apparently you can check on a skin disorder from 6 feet away. It was a complete waste of our time. I dont know why the medical profession feels they can run late just because the government pays our bills indirectly. I have already made an appointment to see someone at another clinic- for this has gone on way too long and if I show up for another appointment - I will likely loose my cool on the receptionist and remind her that she is an intolerable piece of -----!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Grateful for all of the expert assistance given to my family

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I have been with Dr. Zip (and the phototherapy clinic downstairs) for about 7 years now. Always friendly and professional. Prescription refills are a phone call away, and I see her every six months on a pre-booked appointment right after I get out of the examination room. Even in first morning appointments you can wait, but it isn't a long wait and I understand that new patients or new circumstance patients can take longer, as there is no way to rigidly time your patients. As a patient myself I appreciate this ability to discuss changes to my changing skin conditions, and she always takes the time to explain things. Rigidly timing appointments would create a doctor that turns to their wristwatch in mid sentence and walks out to see the next time slot. The reception is often spotty but I treat them with respect and they return the treatment on most occasions. Parking is and always has been a gong show/crap shoot. Still, I'm a happy customer and grateful to have access to a great specialist locally.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I always am left waiting for Dr Zip even early morning appointments when you think you'd get in right away l. And then you wait more (while you have stripped down to your underwear for a full body check chilled in the room). I am going to switch doctors.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Well, just got told that I can't get an appointment for a prescription refill in the next 3 months. Time to move on.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017