Ratings for Dr. Catherine Zip

I have been with Dr. Zip (and the phototherapy clinic downstairs) for about 7 years now. Always friendly and professional. Prescription refills are a phone call away, and I see her every six months on a pre-booked appointment right after I get out of the examination room. Even in first morning appointments you can wait, but it isn't a long wait and I understand that new patients or new circumstance patients can take longer, as there is no way to rigidly time your patients. As a patient myself I appreciate this ability to discuss changes to my changing skin conditions, and she always takes the time to explain things. Rigidly timing appointments would create a doctor that turns to their wristwatch in mid sentence and walks out to see the next time slot. The reception is often spotty but I treat them with respect and they return the treatment on most occasions. Parking is and always has been a gong show/crap shoot. Still, I'm a happy customer and grateful to have access to a great specialist locally.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I always am left waiting for Dr Zip even early morning appointments when you think you'd get in right away l. And then you wait more (while you have stripped down to your underwear for a full body check chilled in the room). I am going to switch doctors.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Well, just got told that I can't get an appointment for a prescription refill in the next 3 months. Time to move on.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Very pleasant experience with Dr Zip and entire staff.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

I've been to Dr. Zip twice now, and both times, the front end staff have been rude, arrogant and lazy. It's almost comical, how important they think they are, and how badly they treat the customers. Long wait times in both cases. The first visit, Dr. Zip stood in the doorway like she didn't want to get anywhere near any more skin. The 2nd visit was better, she actually examined me quite thoroughly and was quite professional. The parking situation is crazy - always full, and the stalls are so narrow. But the worst is definitely the receptionist with dark hair and glasses. Awful person.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

The staff at the front desk need some PR skills. Dr Zipp cares and demonstrates in her bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

The front receptionist needs to be fired! I don't mind Dr Zip at all but I hate coming in to see her because of her front receptionist! She's very rude to me. She doesn't communicate with me and she makes me wait for her to respond. Everytime I come in and see her. Im always waiting an hour to see the doctor. I do believe the receptionist has something to do with this. Dr Zip will lose a customer if they keep her!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

I have been extremely fortunate to have Dr. Zip as my trusted dermatologist for over 20 years. She is compassionate, knowledgeable, practical, and optimistic when dealing with patients. Dr. Zip has always gone the extra mile to assist me whenever an issue arises by calling me or my pharmacist directly on the same day. She is very organized and, although I only see her once or twice a year, she recalls my case with accuracy and ease. She is friendly and doesn't rush you when you're meeting with her. Wait times are to be expected in this age of health care cuts but, compared to other specialists, Dr. Zip is as efficient as possible with her appointment times. Her staff has experienced some issues over the years but they've been resolved on my recent visits and they are by no means a reflection of the great care that Dr. Zip provides. It's also important to note that the Dermatology Center no longer has 4 to 5 doctors on Dr. Zip's floor. This may have contributed to the longer wait times and some people's negative encounters with front office staff in the past since the number of patients was much higher back then. Booking appointments with Dr. Zip is much easier than at other specialists. They allow you to book several months in advance and even up to a full year ahead of time. It's also rare to have specialists' offices call to remind you about appointments nowadays but her office staff does follow this protocol. Unlike some offices, phone calls are answered promptly and you won't need to call back repeatedly to speak to someone. The nearby pharmacy is top notch as well. I have personally witnessed renovations over the years so, in response to previous reviews about the office decor, attempts have been made to update it. Anyone would be blessed to call Dr. Zip their dermatologist!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

The best way I can describe Dr. Zip is RUDE, RUDE and RUDE. Doesn't care about anything other than money. Stay Away!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Very impressed with the kind and knowledgeable service I received from Dr. Zip, including a personal phone call from herself when I had side effects from a drug. I never feel rushed with her and she even squeezed me into an appointment with very short notice. My skin has never been better. Just be prepared for the long wait in reception if you have an afternoon appointment.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016