You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Catherine Zip

Her receptionist was terribly rude on more than one occasion.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

The appointments are set up like they were in the previous century - too may bookings in a day. After having to go there for the last 3 years, you might get 5 minutes with her after waiting 30 minutes or more, even in the early morning.. Overbooked. The front staff are usually abrupt and act like people coming in for their appointments are an interruption. If you forget to schedule your next appointment in 6 months before you leave, they WILL make you see you referring doctor if only 6 months has lapsed. This is a waste of Alberta tax dollars. Dr Zip is apparently quite bright, but she does seem to only treat symptoms and not discuss underlying causes or provide education about the disease. At the end of the day, I think just the clinic managers are setting the tone with their staff and making things miserable for patients.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr Zip has always been great to me and my daughter, staff is busy but helpful

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I did not have to wait for an unreasonably long period of time - 30 minutes in the waiting room and 15 in the examining room. ALL of the staff were polite and some were quite friendly. Dr. Zip was also quite friendly and helpful. She didn't rush me and I certainly felt that she was listening to me. I would not hesitate at all to recommend her. In fact, the next time my mother needs a dermatologist I will ask her G.P. to refer her to Dr. Zip.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Waited 30 minutes last my appt time. I got reemed out by the receptionst for not having my Alberta health care card. My family doctor sent all that information when he sent the referral. Then when I went to ask why it was taking so long, the receptionist (with the accent) was a complete jerk to me. Giving me attitude and telling me it's a doctors office and to expect wait times. Last time I checked, I don't recall it being a walk in clinic. Good grief! I would not recommend this office at all. And I will be letting my family doctor know.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I've been going to Dr. Zip for over 5 years now. Never once has my appointment been on time or even within 30min of the scheduled appointment. When Dr Zip does see me the appointment never lasts more than 2 minutes. She usually stands in the doorway for 30 seconds then leaves and has her receptionist print off a prescription. Dr Zip does not make you feel comfortable as a patient or that she cares at all about your problems.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

An absolute 2 hour waste of my time missing work for this appointment. I could tell Dr. Zip was uninterested in what I was trying to tell her and didn't care to hear about my concerns.........only offering what she assumed without knowing me or my history of what I came in for. I don't know how certain doctors even qualify to be doctors. No compassion or offering any suggestion of what I could do whatsoever. First and last time I would ever make a point of coming here again..........2 hours I'll never get back. Don't waste your time and get a second opinion. Thanks

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Staff is unpleasant at this place but Dr Zip is great. Only complaint is the long appointment dates. Whats the point of seeing a dermatologist if you have skin illness. By the time you get to see them you would have probably died if it was serious.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I came because I was noticing my skin was very itchy and irritated. Dr. Zip was very helpful and found me some medications. She was very sweet and polite. Would recommend her to any one who is looking for a good, knowledgeable, sweet doctor! It may take months to get in but its worth it!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I saw Dr Zip on three occasions. Each time she entered the room, she kept her hand on the door nob. She was so disinterested and in such a hurry she misdiagnosed my conditions and gave me the wrong prescriptions. When I had a bad reaction to the antibiotic she prescribed, I later found out that an antibiotic was inappropriate for my condition. Same with a medicated ointment making a rash worse. When I returned to discuss things with her (in an friendly manner), she quickly wrote out new prescriptions and left without an explanation or an apology. Personality and professionalism minus.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr. Catherine Zip's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Her receptionist was terribly rude on more than one occasion. "

February 8, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "The appointments are set up like they were in the previous century - too may bookings in a day. After having to go there for the last 3 years, you might get 5 m..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Zip has always been great to me and my daughter, staff is busy but helpful"

December 21, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I did not have to wait for an unreasonably long period of time - 30 minutes in the waiting room and 15 in the examining room. ALL of the staff were polite and ..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Waited 30 minutes last my appt time. I got reemed out by the receptionst for not having my Alberta health care card. My family doctor sent all that information ..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I've been going to Dr. Zip for over 5 years now. Never once has my appointment been on time or even within 30min of the scheduled appointment. When Dr Zip does ..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "An absolute 2 hour waste of my time missing work for this appointment. I could tell Dr. Zip was uninterested in what I was trying to tell her and didn't care t..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Staff is unpleasant at this place but Dr Zip is great. Only complaint is the long appointment dates. Whats the point of seeing a dermatologist if you have skin..."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I came because I was noticing my skin was very itchy and irritated. Dr. Zip was very helpful and found me some medications. She was very sweet and polite. Would..."

July 1, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T2S 3B3". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 124 42 Avenue Sw". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032995840".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Zip on three occasions. Each time she entered the room, she kept her hand on the door nob. She was so disinterested and in such a hurry she misdiagnose..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zip is good. Her staff is terrible!!!! Unfriendly, unwilling to help at all. If you want to attract or retain more patients better re-train your staff with ..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I arrived for a first thing in the morning appointment and still had to wait an additional 35 minutes. Dr. Zip entered the room - DID NOT INTRODUCE HERSELF and ..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zip was very pleasant and thorough. Her staff was the only disappointing part of the experience. "

April 8, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I think Dr zip is great , helpful and very friendly. I think her staff aren't very friendly and I usually have to wait an hour after my scheduled appointment. A..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Zip is very knowledgable, compassionate and very thorough. I was referred to her because of malignant melanoma and while, yes, I have to wait in the examini..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Receptionists (all of them) were terrible. Both on the phone and in person. They missed my prescriptions, are condescending and just want you out. Dr Zip, while..."

November 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Zip has been my dermatologist for years. I find her to be kind, compassionate and caring. She is knowledgeable and has stepped above and beyond for me in way..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr zip was great my only complaint is their receptionist(old blond lady)customer service was horrible she needs to take a customer service course."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent service and very knowledgeable Doctor. Provided helpful advice."

September 22, 2014