Ratings for Dr. Scott North

My dad is in a study that Dr. North is part of administering. It feels like this study is more important than my dad and he is just a means to an end with Dr. North. He ignores and brushes off when my dad tells him about the very bad side effects he is experiencing. At the beginning he says the medication is very bad on the heart and then a year later when my dad is experiencing heart attack like symptoms we call and they (his nurse as well) brush it off as not a side effect of the treatment. I went to one of his appointments with him and we cannot ask a question without Dr. North laughing at us like we are stupid for even asking. How can you be in such an uncertain situation and have a doctor that won't answer your questions. My dad is afraid to ask anymore and won't let us either so we are basically in the dark which causes everyone undue anxiety, stress, and depression. If we could switch doctors we would. He is absolutely awful. He may know a lot but I cannot judge that because he won't share his knowledge. If you don't want to help people, then don't become a doctor! He has actually probably made my dad worse. First rule of the physician's oath Dr. North is DO NO HARM.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

What can I say; we are unknowlegable about my dad's cancer and when we had questions, he laughed at us and didn't provide any answers. Arrogant doesn't even sum up what a jerk he really is. His bedside manner is not there, these are people dying and are scared. He might have the information and know whats going on but why not share that with the human beings he is treating.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Very arrogant person. Does not like to be questioned and was not totally forthcoming with medical information, got very defensive with attempts to find answers to our personal situation. As a result, trust and respect were lost for this doctor. His staff do not practice patient advocacy.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

have met him on occassion when my man is away great all around person excellent knowledge of my situatuin

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr. Scott North has been just dream for myself and my man...Dr. North has given us hope he has given us warmth, and he has given us the facts....our tretment have been good ...Dr.North has been postive and this man KNOWS HIS STUFF!!!! We know that my man will not be cancer free but we know that Scott will be keeping things under control.........His nurse Kim is a great lady!!!!!! she is right into looking after a person and she is very knowing of what is happening .......DR. NORTH IF YOU GT HIM AS YOUR DR.....YOUR BLESSED....Jiri & Leota

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

Dr. North treated my husband this past year, first I wouuld like to say that the cross is any excellent hosp and for the most part we had as good of an experience as good be expected. Dr. North however was not a good experience. He knew his stuff, I am sure on that as I talked to cancer experts in Canada and the states all through my husbands treatments, so I am confident that he did all he could do, however and I feel this is a HUGE however. He treated my husband and our family lack crap the last day we saw him. He delivered us the news that he did all that he could then left the room to get my husband a refill on his morphine and then never returned. The nurse brought us the refill and we left. We weren't told any info on how long we had, what we needed to arrange, ie. pallative he didnt even shake our hands. My husband suffered needlessly in his final days, his young kids had to watch him suffer which they will always remember. I had to be doctor and nurse and this was not fair!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

I have had the misfortune of having cancer twice, but have been very fortunate in the Doctors that I have had at the Cross Cancer institute. Dr. North is one of these Doctors. I have found him to be very knowledgeable and very caring, he was as surprised and upset with my reoccurance as any one of my friends and family. He acted very quickly and mapped out how I was going to be have my treatments and explained everything so that both myself and my wife would understand what was going to happen. When I had questions about the way my body was acting/reacting he was able to explain things to my satisfaction. I for one would not want his job, as dealing with a disease that can be so unpredictable from one patient to another as well as the unpredictable emotions from the patients and their families would be a very difficult job. Being told that you or a family member have cancer is a very scary thing to hear, being told that it is back after almost 10 years is even worse. Kudos to Dr. North

flag | Submitted June 16, 2007

Thank you Dr. North for your smile, your caring way, your bravery in telling us straight the possibilities facing us. When they happened we were not so surprised and were able to cope with it better. I will remember you as a pleasant, listening man who did not take hope away but also did not sugar coat what was happening. Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007

Dr. Scott North went above and beyond caring for my husband. His compassion and encouragement for my terminally ill husband as well as for me will always be cherished. The first day we meet Dr. North realized we had not been informed as to the severity of my husband's cancer. He delivered the grim news with much compassion and explained surgery was not an option then explained what courses we may take. He proceeded to give us options, be they experimental etc. and make sure we clearly understood. My husband decided to enter a study which I think gave him another year to enjoy his family. Dr North carefully monitored him thorougly thru this period and when the day came that he had to tell us he could offer no more we truly believed he had done every thing in his knowledge and experise to give us the added time. We will never forget his Hug! KUDOS TO DR. SCOTT NORTH.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2007

Very surprised with the negative comments re: Dr. North. I think because cancer is such a negative experience, people may project a lot of this on their oncologist. I was very impressed with him and all staff at the Cross Cancer. He treated me with respect, answered all my questions - even the questions that were probably pretty dumb. Never waited long for my appointments, and he reviewed the results of my tests with me very quickly. He was positive and didn't pull any punches. This guy cured me of my cancer. I at least owe him a beer.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2007