Ratings for Dr. Kerby Kelly

Was initially very excited because of the large variety of brand-name frames available at FYiDoctors. Nothing close to the available variety elsewhere in Regina. Went in for an eye exam because I was getting headaches and couldn't see up close for the previous 2-3 weeks. Very rude and poor attitude. I suspect it may be because I went in for my appointment in my sweats since I had just been at the gym, and not dressed in office attire. We should not judge others intelligence on appearance. He proceeded to lecture me about my diabetes. Glasses were ready in 3 days (and I admit I was super impressed). Picked them up at closing time and as soon as I wore them I told the girl at the front immediately that something was wrong, I can now see up close but couldn't see far like with my old prescription. She suggested I needed to adjust but I suspect she just wanted to get out of there because it was end of the day. I wore them for 2 weeks to adjust as she advised, went in again and informed the sales staff again that I could not see far properly with my new prescription. An older lady tried helping me out, adjusting my frames, etc. nothing. She finally went and spoke to Dr. Kelly and he couldn't even come talk to me about this, just passed a message along that it's my blood sugar levels going up and down and I should use the new glasses to read and the old glasses to drive, watch TV, etc. Really??? My sugar levels and my prescription have both been steady for the past 20 yrs! Nothing changed within the 3 days (from eye exam to glass delivery). Nothing has changed 6 months later either! I am now forced to wear my old glasses to drive so I don't get into an accident and my new glasses to read and work so I don't get migraines! As a professional I know that owning up to a mistake (which all humans make) is hard but it would have been nice to even take 5 minutes of his time to discuss any issues, and not just slough me off like I was a nuisance! Dr. Kelly may be Past-President of the Saskatchewan Association of Optometrists, sat on the Board of Directors of Horizon Laser Vision Center for 10 years and is a Board member of FYidoctors but this whole experience left a very bad taste in my mouth that I will continue to have for years to come.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Another double-booker! I arrived early, but apparently Dr. Kelly was running late, and I sat and stared at the walls. No staff bothered to come to tell me what was going on, so I inquired at the front ("You will be next, if you want to wait"). I opted to leave since it was already35 min late. Doctors can run late, things happen, but they also need to respect our time and tell the patient when they are more than 20 min late, basic customer service. Some of us have to make arrangements for rides, work, child care, etc. I drove 15 min to get to the office each way, so I wasted 100 min of my time, at the busiest time of the year, Grrrr!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Gave me the wrong prescription and after several years of being a patient wants me to PAY AGAIN to re-examine. Clearly has no interest in the health of his patients, just wants more money. Do not reccomend.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Very good doctor, my kids love him as well. They get excited when I tell them its time to go see the eye doctor!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. Kelly is an excellent optometrist. However one on the eyewear technicians was very unprofessional. When I had a broken frame replaced (30 minutes),using my existing lenses, she reversed the lenses (L&R). Vision was almost impossible and she advised that it will take a couple of weeks to get used to the new frame. When I questioned how my vision could suddenly become so poor, she did some test and confirmed that the lenses were indeed correct and she reaffirmed that they did not belong to someone else. The next day after demanding a more thorough examination of why my vision became so poor following a 30 minute frame replacement, she finally caught her mistake. She interchanged the lenses but did not appologize for her mistake. She didn't accept responsibility either. I did not complain, but I will shop elsewhere for eyeglass frames next time.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Dr. Kelly took the time to help me find just the right pair of contacts for me, even though it took many trials and many visits. He explained my problems to me in a way that made sense to me. The TV infomercials showing at the office are very interesting and informative.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2007

I have used Dr. Kelly for 5+ years. He is very KNOWLEDGABLE and does not rush you through his office. He isn't afraid to listen to his patient and offer new suggestions. AWESOME EYE DOCTOR!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2007

Dr Kelly is awesome, professional, caring, genuinely concerned about YOU and I would HIGHLY reccommend him to anyone!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2007

The BEST optometrist by far!! I have seen Dr. Kelly for years and he is very kind and caring and helpful with any problems that you may have! He is always on time, and he always takes the time to explain things very thoroughly, and offers very good advice! He is very professional and very knowledgeable in his profession. He seems to be very involved with advances in his profession as well and highly recognized and respected within his association. I love the little video idea that he has in his office as it is very informative! I am so glad that Dr. Kelly moved to regina years ago because my eyes are very inportant to me and I trust his advice and I know that with him looking after me I won't have any problems!! Thanks Dr. Kelly !! :-)

flag | Submitted February 8, 2007