Ratings for Dr. John Curtis

Great doctor he diagnosed me with add many years ago and it has changed my life for the better.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Even though he is retired now I feel as though I should leave a good rating. He was always on time. Diagnosed and treated my ADD/OCD and followed up religiously. He wasn't even taking on patients any longer as he was a few months from retiring but took me on out of the goodness of his heart. Great man. I wish nothing but the best for him :)

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

Dr. Curtis is a practitioner who is committed to maintaining a standard of excellence in all areas of his practice. With extensive and ongoing education, training and experience, he is current with regard to the latest research and literature in his chosen discipline. He is human, not perfect, makes mistakes and he is not always right. As his patient, we have had some disagreements. I believe that people still view physicians of any discipline as infallable and not to questioned. I do not. I have respect for any person, regardless of the work they do. The relationship between a psychiatrist and patient is in many ways like any other relationship. Yes, you disagree, or get hurt. I was always honest with Dr. Curtis if I was uncomfortable or disagreed. We were able to discuss and compromise. For my therapy to be successful, I had to be willing to the work. It is not just meds. There are no "magic" cures. I hold Dr. Curtis in the highest regard. He is one of the great ones!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

I saw Dr. Curtis for many years and I have only the best to say about him. He was my saviour at a time when I was completely lost. He went the extra mile to be the best doctor for me that he could. Due to unforseen circumstances I am no longer his patient. I still miss our sessions to this day and wish I could still be seeing him. He is a brilliant doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Amazing physician, very knowledgable about ADHD / ADD in adults. And no, he does NOT do much in the way of counselling as he is a Psychiatrict, not a psychologist or social worker. So all the people making negative comments about that need to get educated on what a psychiatrist does and then get a referral to a psychologist or social worker!!! Not to mention, counselling is not very helpful for ADHD / ADD - medication IS!!!. The complaints you make about the way he treats with medciation IS the standard protocol for treating ADHD / ADD in adults - again, get educated on the topic before you post!!! His treatment made a huge difference in my life so much that I referred several other people to see him. We all continue to have nothing but positive things to say about him as getting properly diagnosed and correctly treated for ADHD / ADD as an adult is hard to get and it makes such a difference in all our lives!!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Expert in his specialty who has always been professional w/o being distant. Explains his therapies fully and listens to my comments. Has always followed up appropriately. I recommend Dr. Curtis for ADHD patients w/o hesitation.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2011

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

John Curtis started me on ritalin, and did not monitor me well at first After about a year, he wrote prescriptions with 6 month refills at a time, saying, "There, now I don't have to see you for another 6 months." Dr. Curtis at first gave me an impression of great caring; my impression changed radically as I got to know him. He also told me after about a year, that giving me any kind of therapy was a waste of taxpayers' money. I think Dr. Curtis was not helpful to me, but rather caused more harm and suffering. I don't wish this rating to be libelous, but this site lacks guidelines to ensure that the rating is not libelous.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

Be very careful with this man, who at firs appears to be 'very' knowledgeable and will in time even 'tell' you how 'great' he believes he is...a very 'big' and 'flawed' IGO...that will surely rear it's head the first time you don't do exactly what he tells you to do...(no room for opinions or knowledge of your own self permitted here...in time)...just be very aware of this man...he is only 'trusworthy' as long as you are caught up in his 'brilliance' so don't disappoint him by making a mistake while meeting with him or you just may find yourself receiving an threatening abusive message from him and he will dump you just like that...out of the blue...no second chances...you either "tow the line" his version of what he believes is the only way the only truth...because it has to be because he considers himself "Brilliant!"...and make this clear over time...the 'Best' of the 'Best'...If nothing else...just please be very aware and careful...women, especially, be very, very, careful!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011