Ratings for Dr. Gilbert Chew

Loves to extra bill. For completing a medical form - $250? Unhelpful, not thorough, not proactive with seniors' health concerns. When that's pointed out, stated 'if you don't like it, find another doctor'. No problem, will do.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Knowledgeable and caring G.P. who has been my family doctor for decades. If you call his assistant Alex the day of appointment she will give an updated time of appointment. If you don't call her expect Dr.Chew to be behind a couple of hours.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr. Chews receptionist is always snarky and down right rude. IF you get an appointment after going through her, you will wait at least 2-4 hours for your appointment in which he still spends more time typing than listening to your one issue. He does not remember patients or their issues so you start again on your next 4 hour wait. Anywhere is better than here!!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

He is always at least 3 hours late every time. And he has a habit of overdosing people. Got a problem then i have a prescription for you. Pharmacare has his number Find someone else

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Dr. Gilbert Chew was my GP once upon a time, however he still remains the GP to my parents and my grandmother. I am very fortunate to have been introduced to my current GP by a friend almost 10 years ago and I remain a patient to this day with her. However, I cannot help but take the time to write a horrible review about Dr. Chew because he completely deserves it. My grandmother is at the age where she needs more frequent visits to see Dr. Chew to ensure that she is healthy, in that respect I appreciate that he is at least checking up on her on a regular basis. What I don't appreciate is the astronomical wait times that he puts my grandmother through. She once arrived for a 1 pm appointment, only to wait 3 hours before being seen by Dr. Chew for a whole 2 minutes. I understand that treating the elderly can require patience, but Dr. Chew is dismissive and not in the least bit empathetic. Although I was younger when Dr. Chew was my GP, I do not have very fond memories of him. I'm not an expert on how GP's should run their practices, but Dr. Chew is running his to the ground, or maybe that's the way he wants it since he's nearing retirement and could care less of how his patients are treated.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Punctuality is a SERIOUS issue, and imagine waiting for 2 hours for your appointment. Dr. Chew has little responsibility and respect. He actually lost my mom's pap test sample. One time he called me to his office saying that I have broken hips. I arrived and the receptionist said: oh sorry, we called the wrong person. MOREOVER, one time he was using the wrong file for my appointment.... I just avoid him at all cost, I would rather die in my bed than visiting him ... cuz he will definitly prescribe me expensive medicines.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Punctuality is his problem and needs to respect patients time. He needs to pay attention to details and read files.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Had him for years. His only fault is punctuality. .. he is an amazing doctor. He is very thorough with his patients and makes sure they are looked after. Highly recommend him. I'm 28 yrs old and couldn't ask for a better doc for myself or my family. ♡

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

yes. He is very busy an the wait is sometimes long. I usually call before I come to me appointment to see how long the wait is. However, I find Dr Chew to be patient and easy to talk to. He will easily refer you to specialist when necessary.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

My Mom's Doctor in Victoria, BC (Carol Jenken) was excellent but unfortunately went on a leave for an undetermined time. My mom has dementia, is elderly, in a wheelchair with Stable Congestive Heart Failure and Diabetes, unable to walk and incontinent. Her file as per the Long Term Care facility (Luther Court) that she has been a resident in for 2 years, was referred to Dr. Gilbert M. Chew. I had to book a wheelchair cab days in advance to enable me to get my mom to his office. It was Dr. Chews MOA who called ME to make an appointment for me to take my Mom to see him. This was done 1 MONTH in advance. I made sure I advised the MOA to MAKE SURE my mom did not have to wait an excessive time to see him when we arrived for a 10:00am appointment. We ended up waiting 2 HOURS, for a 10 minute appointment. Dr. Chew CLEARLY did not read my mom's file in advance and started asking me questions as if I was her GP. Yes, I know my Mom's medical history, but I AM NOT THE DOCTOR. THAT is what my Mom's medical history file was for. Because we were there for 2 HOURS, I needed to use the bathroom. The MOA told me I could not use the bathroom and told me to use the Tim Horton's a BLOCK AWAY, after which she used herself, and stank it up like a hog farm. I ignored her as I could not leave my mom unattended for more than 2 minutes, my bladder was bursting and the ONLY bathroom they had was 4 feet away from the examination room my mom was in. As soon as I got in this MOA started pounding on the door when I was inside. Rude, ignorant staff. As for Dr. Chew, he didn't even either of us in the face, rushed us through and had NO previous knowledge of my Mom's condition. He treated her as "just another old person". I have been advised by the Licensed Practical Nurses at the long term care facility that Chew only shows up at 10:00pm AT NIGHT while the patients are asleep. WHAT GOOD IS THAT GOING TO DO if you are not talking to the patients and staff working there????? This Dr. is strictly in it for the money. The more patients he takes on, the more MSP kickbacks he gets. Looking for another doctor immediately. Avoid him like the plague. He is only interested in making money and not concerned about his patients health if he cannot even READ their medical history file.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015