Ratings for Dr. Gilbert Chew

He is close to retirement. He works fewer days. Takes up to 5 weeks to get an appointment and you will wait a min 2 hours past an schedules appointment.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

The wait times are so horrendous, it's hard to imagine that it's typical for the wait time to be 2 hours. For those who have to work, this is not acceptable. Most people in drop in clinics are seen more quickly.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Loves to extra bill. For completing a medical form - $250? Unhelpful, not thorough, not proactive with seniors' health concerns. When that's pointed out, stated 'if you don't like it, find another doctor'. No problem, will do.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Knowledgeable and caring G.P. who has been my family doctor for decades. If you call his assistant Alex the day of appointment she will give an updated time of appointment. If you don't call her expect Dr.Chew to be behind a couple of hours.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr. Chews receptionist is always snarky and down right rude. IF you get an appointment after going through her, you will wait at least 2-4 hours for your appointment in which he still spends more time typing than listening to your one issue. He does not remember patients or their issues so you start again on your next 4 hour wait. Anywhere is better than here!!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

He is always at least 3 hours late every time. And he has a habit of overdosing people. Got a problem then i have a prescription for you. Pharmacare has his number Find someone else

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Dr. Gilbert Chew was my GP once upon a time, however he still remains the GP to my parents and my grandmother. I am very fortunate to have been introduced to my current GP by a friend almost 10 years ago and I remain a patient to this day with her. However, I cannot help but take the time to write a horrible review about Dr. Chew because he completely deserves it. My grandmother is at the age where she needs more frequent visits to see Dr. Chew to ensure that she is healthy, in that respect I appreciate that he is at least checking up on her on a regular basis. What I don't appreciate is the astronomical wait times that he puts my grandmother through. She once arrived for a 1 pm appointment, only to wait 3 hours before being seen by Dr. Chew for a whole 2 minutes. I understand that treating the elderly can require patience, but Dr. Chew is dismissive and not in the least bit empathetic. Although I was younger when Dr. Chew was my GP, I do not have very fond memories of him. I'm not an expert on how GP's should run their practices, but Dr. Chew is running his to the ground, or maybe that's the way he wants it since he's nearing retirement and could care less of how his patients are treated.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Punctuality is a SERIOUS issue, and imagine waiting for 2 hours for your appointment. Dr. Chew has little responsibility and respect. He actually lost my mom's pap test sample. One time he called me to his office saying that I have broken hips. I arrived and the receptionist said: oh sorry, we called the wrong person. MOREOVER, one time he was using the wrong file for my appointment.... I just avoid him at all cost, I would rather die in my bed than visiting him ... cuz he will definitly prescribe me expensive medicines.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Punctuality is his problem and needs to respect patients time. He needs to pay attention to details and read files.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Had him for years. His only fault is punctuality. .. he is an amazing doctor. He is very thorough with his patients and makes sure they are looked after. Highly recommend him. I'm 28 yrs old and couldn't ask for a better doc for myself or my family. ♡

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016