Ratings for Dr. Muriel Solomon

I would never go and see her again. When I went it, I explained to her that when I ate cold food my tongue and mouth would swell... she looked at me like it was my problem. She filled out the bloodwork paperwork and told me to come back after I got bloodwork done. When I asked her if she wanted to see what happened when I would touch something cold to my skin, she told me that she didn't have time and had to get to another clinic. She told me to make another appointment on my way out and to bring an Icepack with me when I came back. Very rude doctor. I have seen a lot of doctors in my time and she was by FAR the worst! Would never send me worse enemey to see her!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

I went to dr s for 10 years. She was fine until she reduced her hours. I mean really, I had to be put on a waiting list to make an appointment for a pap smear? And if the time wasn't good for you, you were SOL? That is if you could get ahold of the receptionist. I once called in, and it appeared as though the receptionist accidentally answered, as she didn't say hello, and I could hear her chatting with others in the office. So because it was so difficult to get ahold of them in the first place, I yelled hello for five minutes until she noticed I was on the line. Then she was extremely rude to me!! Amazing!!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

I am a long time patient and i agree with most of the coments Time for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

I have a patient for 10 years. She was better at first but as mentioned by others, seems less and less interested. What I find most rude is how she always her back turned to me when I am talking and only looks at her computer as she talks, not at me. When I ask about past tests and if I need to have something checked out, she says that she never brought her files over when she moved but she seems to 'think' that everything was normal and can't be bothered checking. Both my parents died of cancer but if I come with any symptoms she says I am paranoid rather than doing the required screening. She is just uninterested. No one else is taking new patients and although she works only a few dys a month I feel like I am "stuck" with her.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

I had been a patient for many years, my daughter as well. When we were going through a very traumatic family crisis all the doctor was interested in was $$. Only one issue allowed per appointment. Very unprofessional and discompassionate. Have never returned and found a great new doctor.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

She was my family doctor for 24 years. When I got pregnant and needed a referral to a delivering doctor she told me to go to a walk in clinic. Unsupportive and rude!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2008

I went to Dr Solomon in the 90's and she seemed to be good at first(nice to have that spectrum run under warm water before the pap).I didn't like the fact that you had to make another appointment just to get test results back, even when you were fine. I started having gyno problems and wanted to be referred to a OB/GYN and her receptionist told me I had to make an appointment to discuss my request. Talk about wasting healthcare $$. Luckily, I opened the yellow pages and found a wonderful OB/GYN, with no referral.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2008

I went to Dr Soloman for about 6 years. Each time she began the appointment with some unkind comment. When I had some tests perscribed by a doctor at a walk-in clinic (for a potentially fatal issue) her comment was that I was wasting health care money and if I wanted tests I should pay for it myself. She was uninterested in me as a patient or as a human being. I am so glad I found a new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

In addition to the comments by others, I'd add the issue of prefessional competence. We we were her patients for over a decade and saw her regularly. But she missed an obvious diagnosis of a serious, potentially fatal disorder. How obvious? A poster in her examining room told patients what to look for. It is significant that the doctors to whom we went subsequent to our disenchantment all wanted to know who our past doctor was, and it appeared that they were not merely interested in looking at our file. We would not recommend this doctor for anything more complex than a flu shot.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2007

I was seeing Dr. Solomon for about 6 years. I quit going to Dr. Solomon for several reasons. Over the last couple of years she would only take 1 question at a time and always seemed rushed. She wouldn't listen to anything I said. Whe wouldn't take my baby on as a patient and following a very difficult misscarriage she joked about the inconvenient timing for her. It seems she has lost interest in being a doctor and should retire sooner then later.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2007