Ratings for Dr. Charles Yam

I have been with Dr. Yam since I'm 19---and just recently turned 50! I feel so fortunate to have had the continuous rapport with this knowledgeable and conscientious doctor! He has always been punctual, professional, explains things well, and maintains exceptional records in his file. He has always shown warmth and exceptional 'bedside manner'. He takes the time to listen, follow-up, and to make sure you leave having all questions answered. I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Yam...with my only worry is that he may retire! :-(

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Charles has been my GP for 27 years and he and his staff have provided me with outstanding service. Previously I went to a clinic where I never knew which doctor was going to see me and since I have been with Charles I have rarely seen a locum. I have very complicated health problems and Charles and his staff make sure I get the attention I need. He knows the medical system really well and makes sure that before he refers me to a specialist all of the tests that are needed before referal are done so it doesn't take me more than 2 weeks to see a specialist. He maintains a detailed chart and knows any potential complications of multiple medicines and he makes sure I understand what a specialist might want to do. I don't feel his punctuality is a problem given the "extra" time he is willing to give his patients. I am really glad he is my GP.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I have been with Dr. Yam for over 20 years and he is very caring and helpful. There are times when I was super worry about my health conditions, he has explained in details and go extra steps to make sure everything got check out. He always finds solutions for my health concerns. I am so fortunate to have an excellent family doctor like Dr. Yam.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

He's my family doc for over 20 years. Very responsible and helpful. Only thing is hard to book an appointment, not many time slot to choose from.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

I have found Dr Yam to be 'Ok' but I have been disgusted with one of his receptionists. She has treated me with distainful contempt and on two occasions refused to make an appoint ment for me with Dr Yam. She has the ability to make patients feel like they are contemptible and certainly not clients or customers. She is an obscene waste of our health care tax dollars.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011

Dr. Yam has been my doctor for ~15 years now and has always answered my questions and kept detailed records of which he always follows up. He is very knowledgeable, insightful and maintains a friendly professional manner. It is a busy clinic, but he and his staff try to make themselves available in the most busiest of times by providing some appointments on the odd Saturday which me and my family thoroughly appreciate.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

He and his staffs are the best. I have been seeing Dr. Yam for 15 years and never been disappointing.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Yam's for 20 years and have never thought of seeking out another - he has been a great resource for my health and is not afraid to admit when he does not know and refer to specialists.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

I have been with Dr. Yam for over 15 years. He is knowledgeable, but at times could be more thorough in his approach. On the one occasion when I had a special need, his receptionist treated me with rigidity and a complete lack of empathy.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2008

Having moved around a bit and having many GP's I have found Charles to be the best GP I have ever known. He is very knowledgeable about my health conditions and has been very effective in getting me through to specialists on a timely basis. He is very knowledgeable about how the medical system works and he has taken the time with me to explain this. His staff has been with him for a long time, know me by name and have demonstrated a high level of care. I am very happy that he is my GP.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008