Ratings for Dr. Ghassan El-Onsi

Had an excellent wisdom tooth extraction experience with Dr. El-Onsi. He eased my fears and made me feel very comfortable. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

The best dentist ever very friendly takes his time,i had an implant was the first implant done by him on a patient and it is still in perfect condition never had any problems with it. Had multiple crowns too still perfect after more than 14 years. I Highly recommend him

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

You must never go there for an implant! Because of him i had 2 more operations with a big damage in my gums after the bone graft placement on me .When i went back tout the implant he told me : if you were my wife i would suggested you to put a bridge and not an implant .Then i reacted and told him for what reason you put me the bone graft and you had told me that you will prepare a perfect tooth for me...Of course avoid to answer telling me that he had another patient wait for him. Because of him i spent a lot of money and after when i asked him to give me back the money i gave him and the money i spent because of him he denied and told after some days i will do big favour to you and we will give you back only 1000$.Can you imagine that people!!! Also i called professional order for dentists and informed me that he is not a specialist with implants.......of course he had told me was a specialist.. If someone take 2-3 courses does not mean he is a specialist that they told me ...Maybe he is good in other things but not for implants ...while he was put my stitches i felt like an animal and worst he didn't know maybe how do give the anesthesia and every 5 minutes i could feel everything ...i am so sorry ... to be a doctor must be first good human!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I enjoy Dentistry Mtl - still don't understand why I have an appontment that I get to on time and then have to wait 10 to 15 minutes while the hygenist is prepping the office. Don't they have a list of the patients and what time they will be there. Monica who was a gem has unfortunately left the building. Calling to make an appointment is a pain - I often get the message machine and even if I leave a message they don't call back. It's a pain when you want to talk to someone right away to call to let them know you will be late , or if they are running behind so I don't get stuck waiting room. Do not enjoy seeing Dr C.R. at all.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

(McGill dental clinic) One of the best dentists I have ever had. Went for wisdom teeth extractions and the surgery went very smooth. His assistant is also very nice and sounds knowledgeable. He is honest and doens't beat around the bush. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I landed in Dr. Ghassan El-Onsi office after a long and frustrating search for a professional able to deal with my very complex dental issue. During over two years I was able to get a perfect service from himself and his staff, always available to solve my dental issues. I was also very much impressed by Dr. El Onsi honesty and genuine care for his patients. A highly qualified professional with top notch equipment, he is by far the best dentist I have among the many I had over the years. I would definitely strongly recommend Dr. Ghassan El Onsi. Danielle Boyer

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr El-Onsi is a great doctor. He's a knowledgeable doctor. I was always happy to see him. Unfortunately taking an appointment with him doesn't mean you will see him even if the staff assures you it will be him. The bad part is he's the only good doctor who can see you at the downtown office. I feel bad for this doctor. he has a horrible staff. If this is you main clinic be sure to keep track of you checkups and what not. the staff will never call for a checkup. if i were to complain about something, it's the high prices. If ur lucky enough to see Dr. G then ur money is well worth it, if u end up with one of the various random mcgill dentist who happen to be always hovering this clinic then whatever u pay is lost money.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

(Downtown practice) I stopped going to El-Onsi. I was lucky to have him the first time but after that both myself and my friend kept getting shuffled like a deck of cards onto other dentists. If I make an appointment to see Dr. El-Onsi, I just expect to have him, rather than a new face each time I go. The inconsistency of the staff along with the information wasn't reassuring. I'd rather have one dentist working on my teeth, Not 3-4 different ones! Also filings use to last for decades. The one they put in fell out after 2 years.Is that normal? The secretary the 1st time also seemed Happy go Lucky to rack up my bill, somehow I sensed there may have been unnecessary procedures done...as she was celebrating over there in the background. The same friend who recommended me to him, continues to go to his practice. She says he's changed over the years and senses a bit of greed has gotten into him. She also would later find herself having to go back to redo work they did & get charged again.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

As an international student who is only covered partially by my university insurance, it's amazing to have paid this little for 3 wisdom teeth removal (2 impacted), a full oral checkup, cleaning, and polishing. I went with local anesthesia and it was quite easy. The process was painless, Dr. El-Onsi and the lady dental assistant were thoughtful and supportive throughout the process. I'm recovering nicely now. All the dentist hygienists are incredibly nice... they really make you feel comfortable. Super recommend.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

I called this office by mistake, the receptionist answering the phone "Monica" was very friendly and charismatic , she even managed to get me to come in for a routine cleaning with my family, wherever they got her from they must thank their stars, she is not only friendly but very professional and kind. The dentist was kind and very knowledgable as well as the cleaning staff.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014