Ratings for Dr. Mary Jo Calarco

Dr. Calarco has been my family Dr for 28+ years. Great Dr. Can't recommend her enough. Karen on the other hand, can be a handful. I've learned how to deal with her. She has good days and bad like the rest of us. Granted, more bad than good. Just treat her as her position demands, as staff, not medical. Tell her what you need, don't ask her. Pretty simple.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

A very pleasant and caring doctor, she is a listener and a highly respected physician. I have personally worked with many of the Drs in this area and she is on the top of the list! The public is upset with, Karen her office staff, Karen is not a nurse nor has any medical education. She is very rude, unprofessional and is unable to present herself well. Very dangerous when office staff gives out the advise that she does in her office position. She should be kept behind the doors, should not be answering the phone and stick to the paper work.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Karen is a horrible person. Don't ever do business with her

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr.Calarco is great. She makes you feel at ease and is helpful. Her nurse is caring and nice. Her receptionist is not nice and makes you feel uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I saw her at the ER (the ER sent me to her office on more then one occasion) her office has always been jam packed. she has always been kind and non judgmental. Friendly (including her staff) (her nurses) She is calm) She never makes you feel stupid (which is more then I can say for women hater (Dr Cressy) She might take awhile to get to you but when she does it's worth it) You can't help but instantly trust her because of her demander!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I'm done trying to get past the guard dog that answers the phone. I couldn't get her to leave a note for the dr regarding a referral after calling each week for 2 mo. All I got were lectures, excuses and attitude. However I have no problem with the real dr in that office.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Her secretary is not the nicest and often has an ignorant attitude towards patients.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr Calarco has declined in her abilities as a doctor. She has denied my mother referrals and proper testing on several occasions. She criticized other health professionals who had helped my mom's condition, and did not acknowledge how the other treatments had helped. Her receptionist demanded to know information that was confidential. I find the level of care in this community nothing less than disgusting. The people in this town need a decent option for a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Amazing Doctor who is very helpful. And helped our family thru some major health issues however the lack of follow up due to Karen not scheduling tests or appointments recommended follow ups or referrals ot also when we have called to update Dr as per her request and being told oh well you shoukdnt feel this or that it is upsetting and has caused unnecessary difficulties for us and many others I know. Please let Dr Calarco know your experience with her staff. She is an AMAZING and caring doctor but with the issues many I've heard deal with and read here. If everyone let's her be more aware she can address this issue. And we would not experience these troubles. She was surprised when one day I told her I waited 2.5 hours out front and that referal and tests were not booked from the month before she can not fix what she's not aware of happening daily. So please please let her know. If enough of us share our difficulties in her staff playing doctor and undermining her she van address it. Once she was aware of what happened with me she addressed the issue immidietly and also personally called to inform me of bookings and treatments. Let's take care of the issue as her patients so we can get proper care we deserve and she's willing and able to give. It's been years of this not just a little hiccup here and there enough of us face it. It's a problem and needs to be fixed. Our lives are at stake and that's not an exaggeration sadly.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

Poor followup, receptionist can be difficult, long wait times but good doctor

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015