Ratings for Dr. Charles D. Godwin

Dr. Godwin goes above and beyond for patients. He helped my mother get a treatment that she desperately needed even though she didn't have insurance coverage for it. He advocated for her when he didn't have to. This treatment is life-saving for her. As her daughter, I am eternally grateful to him.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I first went to Dr. Godwin 16 years ago. I was 45 at the time, 2nd divorce, 2nd bankruptcy, out of work, addicted to prescription drugs, depressed... just could not seem to get it together. I figured he would hand me yet another RX and send me on my way. Instead he diagnosed me as adult ADD. I had never even HEARD of an adult with the disorder. With that one diagnosis, it totally changed my life for the better. Having a correct diagnosis, and a plan on how to get better, put me back on the right track. This doctor really is different from all the others. I highly recommend Dr. Godwin. The New Bern area is lucky to have a doctor of his caliber right here in our little town.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

I went through about 5 psychiatrists before I finally found Dr. Godwin. I found that he viewed things a lot different than most of the others. I was in my early 20's and have been seeing him for over 15 years now. I as drinking, doing drugs, was having anxiety attacks and didnt have any idea what was happening to me. Instead of seeing me as a drug addict, Dr. Godwin saw that I was self medicating myself because of stress and depression. All others just wrote me off as trying to get tranquilizers and wanted me to seek drug help. Instead Dr. Godwin treated my depression, which led me to more awareness of what I was doing to myself and I have been able to work with that. I am now 38 and am not a very good responder to the current anti-depressants. Depression is an awful thing to have and I fight it to this day, but with Dr. Godwin allowing me to try other things within reason, knowing he cares, his knowledge, and God, I might just make it! I HIGHLY this Dr. "Good luck"

flag | Submitted March 23, 2005

Dr. Charles D. Godwin's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

• Blue Shield California