Ratings for Dr. Erich W. Bruhn

Beware, go elsewhere! He is not a broad certified colorectal specialist and he screwed my husband up badly! He didn't inform us when he knew infection was present. We wound up in Fairfax for 8 days and a week of medline IV antibiotics at home flowing with several surgeries to follow. The month prior to going to Fairfax Bruhn treated us worse than I've been treated, extremely dismissive, rude and ignored our concerns. Do your research and go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I was traveling and stopped in Winchester for an emergency. Diverticulitis. This doctor did an emergency colon surgery on me. He was very good. Very serious. The ER doctor told me I would definitely need a " bag". This doctor told me he thought he could do it without the bag. He did it laparoscopic and no bag. I did fine and left the hospital 2 1/2 days later. I recommend him

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

I think he's great. Saved my life. I think he was voted presidient of the doctors at the hospiyal. I can see why.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

I cannot even give this doctor a 1 star out of 5. As an RN and someone in Medical Administration, I have dealt with many, many physicians and have never in my career been exposed to someone like him. As a patient who was referred to him by a trusted physician, I am very disappointed in my visit. I will not go into my medical condition but as a patient in need and feeling very hopeful prior to my visit, I left feeling like a worthless human being and an idiot that I had wasted his time.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

He operated on my dad for a gangrene gall bladder. The day my dad was sent home, he had 20 lbs. of fluid on him, and when the draintube was taken out, the drainage started running down his stomach immediately! They sent him home like that. He had to have his wound opened back up about 10 days later due to STAPH Infection, which the Dr. would not give my day an antibiotic. My dad kept telling him he was losing the use of his left side and Dr. said it was because he cut muscles. My dad died from a GMB brain tumor and we later found out that losing the use of your limbs is the first sign of a brain tumor. If Drs. would listen to their patients more, my dad may have stood a chance in life, instead after finding out the problem, he only lived 3 months and was only 72 years old. You sign a paper when you leave the hospital that if you have drainage from the incision, you need medical attention. I can not believe they send my dad home with drainage running down his stomach and fluid on him!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

I would be very careful if you select this doctor to operate on you. Although I don't think this doctor meant to do harm, he did not provide quality care for my father following abdominal surgery. He later died of sepsis. He frequently "phoned in" his rounds in the evening. He left town on trips and didn't provide enough information for his associates to make informed decisions regarding the patient's care. (patient was denied IV nutrition when unable to eat)He never asked any other specialist to look at my father's case and assumed that his condition was due to cancer in the bowel.(a second test indicated no cancer)He performed a second surgery-one month after the first-on a very frail 75 year old man who had been hospitalised for over a month and severely malnourished. Of course, he didn't handle the surgery well and within 24 hours the stitches burst and his abdomen was flooded with toxic bowel contents. I found him pleasant but not thorough. I cannot recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Bruhn is a general & Laparoscopic surgeon. He takes time to explain in great detail anything you need to know about your situation. He is prompt with following up on your care. He is truley a wonderful Doctor. I have great respect for him.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2007

Dr. Erich W. Bruhn's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

AARP