Ratings for Dr. Louis Bonavita

I used to like Dr Bonavita very much, but after having gone to him for many years, I've watched him over extend himself to the point that he no longer gives proper individual care. It's become all about the almighty dollar at CNY Familycare...I've heard other people compare it to "fast food service" of healthcare, and after all this time I now have come to agree. Get 'em in, get 'em out, write the prescription and collect the money. And now, when I am facing a number of serious health concerns, he up and "discharged me from the practice", without my knowledge or any prior notice. So now I am left without a doctor at a crucial time, just because I've tried to be my own advocate, by having questions, and asking for additional opinions from specialists. I am disappointed and outraged at being treated so very poorly by a doctor's office that I had placed my trust in for so many years. If Dr B can't write a prescription for it and collect the pharmaceutical insentive, he can't be bothered with it...if you don't believe me, check the "Dollars for Docs" website and see for yourself that he collects more than most of us make a year in kickbacks alone: https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/doctors/pid/146404.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Great guy, and fantastic Dr. Wait time is long, but he is well worth it.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Dr Bonavita is very popular. Probubly because he's an excellent doctor! I've always been treated well by the staff, I think it helps to be polite to them, and they return it with a smile. Dr B's nurses are exceptional too. I've been seeing Dr B for over 10 years and he's helped me a lot. Both my husband and I love Dr. B

flag | Submitted September 6, 2009

Dr Bonavita is a wonderful doctor. He has always done his very best for me. If you can't get in to see him there are a group of other doctors and health care professionals you can see who aren't as busy as he is. You should know that if a question arises that the others can't conclusively come to a decsion on, they will interrupt Dr Bonavita to consult with him. The best of all worlds.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I am a patient of Dr Bonavita and also a nurse for 28 years and was diagnosed with cancer in early 2007 i feel i was very lucky to have such a knowledgeable, kind, and caring physician. i find his staff to be kind and very caring. also punctual this is a very busy office. i have at times had a long wait to see him, but i feel he is worth the wait. love this Dr!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2008

This doctor is a pill pusher. It seems he works for the Pharmaceutical Companies and doesn't pay much attention to the patients actual symptoms as a group. He almost killed my husband because he kept giving him antidepressants and he wasn't even depressed!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2007

I love the physician but the staff is terrible. The wait time is outrageous and the secretaries are rude. It is a good thing that I respect Dr. Bonavita enough to continue to return. If it weren't for him I would never go back to this practice. The nurses are friendly but the wait to get back to his area is a long 1 hour if you are luck. I have waited for almost 2 hours before! Overall terrible office but great doctor.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2007

Dr. Louis Bonavita's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1988)