Ratings for Dr. Charles M. Fischman

I was cancelled after 21 years as a patient because I noticed an incorrect diagnosis in my record. I asked that it be corrected. My records show a medicine I didn't take and a diagnosis I don't have. A week leater my husband and I received a certified letter that we won't be seen there anymore. I checked the record and the "correction" only stated that I discontinued the prescription!! It's all about their convenience and the money here. Glad to be moving on.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I was deeply disappointed in Dr. Fischman as he denied to see me in an emergency only because I was late by less than one month for my annual check up. I was in great pain and had no one else to go to. His staff told me to go to an urgent care facility. And that was it!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

He is the best physician in Vero,

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I am writing this review to enlighten all those good people who are considering being a patient of this doctor. He may be knowledgeable; however, that is where all compliments end. If you can tolerate his pompous attitude and lack of bedside manner, then this doctor is for you. However, if you miss just one appointment, no matter how many years you were a patient of his, you may receive a certified letter canceling you as his patient. This is what happened to me. I've never experienced such unprofessionalism. I am convinced that I wasn’t making him enough money so I was expendable. Doesn’t the Hippocratic Oath mean anything to him? Apparently not.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

Dr. Fischman is an excellent physician. As described above, he is impatient with patients that don't follow instructions. Being male in my mid 50's and believing I knew more than the medical profession, I chose NOT to take one of his steroid prescriptions and received a thorough scolding from the Doc....which I must admit was justified. After taking ALL his prescribed therapies I now feel better than I have in more than 15 years. Evidently I had some type of sinus infection that was affecting the rest of my body. Long story short, follow the good Doctor's instructions obsessively and you WILL get better. His services are expensive, but fortunately I have good insurance or I probably couldn't afford him. Bottom line, you get what you pay for....good service generally has a higher cost. But in the case of one's health, it’s well worth it. CAC Vero Beach, FL

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

Competent yes; caring and compassionate no. Seems to have difficulty distinguishing between "patients" and "sales" - had they not used the word "sale" I might have been tempted to agree with his supposed "tough love" approach. But now I suspect the whole operation is unprofessional and at worst unethical. Find another doctor who is not so interested in making "sales" - and requires you to commit to multiple visits each month.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

My husband works out of town in Tampa and has been seeing Dr.Fischman who is insistant on seeing him several times a month. He received a call yesterday that his appointment needed to be 3:30 instead of 3:45 today, but unfortunately didn't arrive until 3:47 due to traffic. He tried to open the door, but it was locked and when he looked inside the staff saw him and continued out the back door. The staff and MD are extremely rude and inconsiderate and to change his appointment the day before and proceed to lock the door as he arrives is an absolute slap in the face. He will never go to this MD or recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

Great doctor. Though, I am 18 and I'm positive his client base is 99.9% older adults aged 50+.. I can say he is very thorough in his work. I've never had anything bad to say other than it's hard to get an appointment as soon as you'd like during the winter season. Don't let the negative comments here sway you differently, I recommend him 100%.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr Fischman always took excellent care of my Father. From the time he opened his practice, to the day my Father passed away on May 1, 2011; I could not have asked for a better doctor to care for my precious parent. Dr Fischman always had time for my Father, was thorough, and sincerely cared about my Father and his health. There is no doubt my Father's life was long and content due to the excellent medical care Dr Fischman always provided to him. My only wish is that all doctors were like him. His staff is excellent also. They always answered my questions and all of my phone calls. The entire practice, including the staff, is by far one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of being associated with. I wish them all the best.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

This is an excellent Dr. - but certainly not your average "Dr. Welby"! He takes no emergency walk ins......even for established patients. I sat in the waiting room where one couple came in sans appointment. The husband had found blood in his urine that morning. The receptionist told them to either go home and call for an appointment or go to the hospital emergency room. They left angered and disappointed saying they would never return to that practice again. Can't say that I blame them. I also left the practice for a similar reason.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Dr. Charles M. Fischman's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)