Ratings for Dr. O. Rotimi Akingbola

Excellent doctor. He is a friendly doctor and always make me to be at ease. I'v known him for 5 years and looked after my two pregnancies and delivered my babies safely. Very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

I feel so lucky to have been referred to Dr. Akingbola. He is an amazing doctor who I am now seeing for my third pregnancy. I trust him completely and feel comfortable every visit. He is kind and skilled and his presence is reassuring. One of my pregnancies ended with a difficult loss and he made time to see me practically everybday toward the end and was gentle and reassuring and I felt more cared about than I ever thought I could by a doctor. He gave me so much hope for the future and I hope to be in his care for a long time. Thank you Dr Akingbola. Keep up the good work.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

He treated me for infertility 6 yrs ago after many years of trying . I had my son healthy and doing well . He has excellent bedside manners . He can appear unfriendly at times but he is a very nice human being once you get to know him .

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Everything i heard about this doctor is encouraging and im not dissappointed when i finally met him. Always very puntual, listens to your problems and offers choices . He also encourages you to do your own research. He had treated my friends and they were all happy with him. Highly reccomended.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Excellent Doctor .He was on call when they rushed me in with bleeding and prematurity. Exactly 3 yrs ago. He reacted promptly , did an emergency CSECTION and I have a healthy 3 yr old daughter. Thank you DR AKINGBOLA . I recently found out he diagnosed and treated my boss . He treated her for longstanding condition and she is now happy after many doctors in the same city missed the diagnosis. THANK YOU AKINGBOLA

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I would never recommend Dr.Alingbola to anyone. He was always late and he dismissed many of my questions. I felt like I had no OB the whole time. I ended up seeing my foot doctor towards the end because my appointments with him seemed useless. Terrible bedside manner and made you feel stupid for asking anything! He ended up being the doctor that delivered my baby. I thought this would be a positive thing - even though I wasn't thrilled with his service I felt comfort seeing a familiar face! Boy was I wrong! He was a nightmare through the entire labour and delivery. Missed the fact that my cord was wrapped around my son'a neck until it was time to push so the vacuum type thing had to be used on his head and I had to get him out fast! 23 minutes of pushing and he was out. The whole twenty-three minutes Dr.Akingbola was awful. He even rolled his eyes at me when I said I was seeing stars and felt faint. I kept pushing even though I felt this way and he just rolled his eyes. My son was born happy and healthy. It was the next part that was horrifying! I needed A LOT of stitches ! He started them and told me he would finish when he gets back from doing a c-section. I waited almost two hours for him with my legs up just waiting. The nurses were getting conceded since my placenta was still in there. One nurse left and came back with him because he forgot he had to come back to finish my stitches ! He asked me to push out my placenta and I had to energy and couldn't so he used his huge hands to just pull it out! So painful and then he finished my stitches. It wasn't until two days later after having a nursing student check my stitches that a long-time nurse realized my hands, legs, and feet had puffed up and my body was rejecting the stitches! She checked the stitches and a look of horror appeared on her face. She told me she cannot touch me and needs to get a doctor immediately. She went and got another nurse (30 years of being a nurse) first who held my hand through the rest of this nightmare. The amazing Dr.Jana came in and was shocked -she just kept apologizing for Dr.Akingbola and kept asking me if it was a mess student that did these stitches. When he left and came back to finish he started in the wrong spot so there was a large gap that was missed and the cheese string affect occurred with my skin and I tore all the way up to my rectum. She had to fix it right then a a there and gave me laughing gas, I remember screaming into mask ask she cut off all the exsess skin and have me about 100 more stitches. No freezing or anything was possible. Just the laughing has and the most amazing nurses ever. It took me almost a year to recover and the stitches were in such awful spots that I could barely move without some taring. It was a nightmare. Dr.Akingbola saw me a few hours after this all happened and he knew I had been restitched but didn't know why and just assumed I was moving around to much and just looked at me and said don't do that or that's bound to happen. The nurse cut him off and told him to go talk to Dr.Jana immediately and he did and I never saw him again. This will be two years ago in March and I am terrified to get pregnant again because of all of this. I understand doctors make mistakes but this was just unreal. I would never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

After struggling with heavy bleeding,constant cramping and ongoing pain ,I was referred to Dr. Akingbola. Thank you. Because of you and the suggestion of having an ablation and D & C, I am back to my old self. You listened and you did what was best for me. I would recommend him to anybody. I always felt comfortable from the time I entered the office and dealt with Cathy till the time I left.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Akingbola because I had a large fibroid in my uterus. His first suggestion, after I'd had a biopsy that came back clear, was to have a hysterectomy as well as remove my ovaries. I asked him why he would take my ovaries and he said "so you'll never have to worry about getting ovarian cancer". I told him I had neither a history of breast cancer nor ovarian cancer on my maternal side. He said it would just be easier. For who?? Definitely not for me because it would have thrown me into immediate menopause and I would need HRT. I argued with him that I was partial to my lady parts and wanted to keep my ovaries if they were healthy. He talked down to me like I had no idea what I was saying. I asked my family doctor for a referral to a new OBGYN and I asked him what his stance was on removing my ovaries. He said if they are healthy and viable why would I take them out. I went with my new doctor and he gave me a TAH in April. He said my ovaries were beautiful and healthy and no need to remove them. I think Dr. Okingbola needs to understand that women enjoy feeling like women, and that he should listen with respect when a woman voices her concerns.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Had nothing but great experiences with both my pregnancies with Dr.Akingbola. I had 2 c-sections and he did both and he was nothing but awesome with me. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr. O. Rotimi Akingbola's Credentials

• University of Ibadan (Grad. 1986)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor. He is a friendly doctor and always make me to be at ease. I'v known him for 5 years and looked after my two pregnancies and delivered my babie..."

April 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel so lucky to have been referred to Dr. Akingbola. He is an amazing doctor who I am now seeing for my third pregnancy. I trust him completely and feel comf..."

March 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He treated me for infertility 6 yrs ago after many years of trying . I had my son healthy and doing well . He has excellent bedside manners . He can appear unf..."

March 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Everything i heard about this doctor is encouraging and im not dissappointed when i finally met him. Always very puntual, listens to your problems and offers ch..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Doctor .He was on call when they rushed me in with bleeding and prematurity. Exactly 3 yrs ago. He reacted promptly , did an emergency CSECTION and I ..."

February 19, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I would never recommend Dr.Alingbola to anyone. He was always late and he dismissed many of my questions. I felt like I had no OB the whole time. I ended up see..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After struggling with heavy bleeding,constant cramping and ongoing pain ,I was referred to Dr. Akingbola. Thank you. Because of you and the suggestion of ..."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor . diagnosed my cervical cancer after many doctors missed it. He saved me. Thank you Dr Akingbola."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Akingbola because I had a large fibroid in my uterus. His first suggestion, after I'd had a biopsy that came back clear, was to have a hy..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Had nothing but great experiences with both my pregnancies with Dr.Akingbola. I had 2 c-sections and he did both and he was nothing but awesome with me. Would..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but positive things to say about the care I have received from Dr. Akingbola. He took me on as a patient with my second pregnancy which ended up ..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr.Akingbola after I had already seen 3 OBGYN's. Wasn't to happy with his bed side manner. I'd had a hysterectomy before and was having some bleeding..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr. Akingbola for all 3 of my pregnancies and have referred him to multiple people! He is incredibly knowledgable and always willing to answer quest..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Akingbola was amazing with me! He spent time answering my questions every appointment. I was induced when we was the doctor on call and I'm so glad it was h..."

September 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Akingbola two years ago due to ongoing bleeding issue and irregular pap smear, he found the problem right away and recommended surgery. He..."

September 17, 2014
  • new location added: Oshawa, ON

April 25, 2013
  • First Name changed from "Rotimi" to "O. Rotimi"

April 25, 2013