Ratings for Dr. Stephen L. Nelson

After many years of falling thru the cracks, wasting too many hours per visit waiting for my appt (once in the room, Dr Nelson usually only spends a few mins in room), & feeling like I need to do his job for him + many other problems ... I've lost trust in him & I just don't trust him with my life anymore. Therefore, now I'm working on the difficult task of seeking another primary doctor. I have a very complicated case which requires a very dedicated Dr. In my opinion, Dr Stephen Nelson is not the right Dr for my needs.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Very bad service and care at this office. We always have to wait at least 2 hours to see the doctor. If you need care immediately they send you to the emergency room. They don't care how sick you are even if you have been their patient for 18 years. Do yourself a favor and find a different doctor.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr Nelson is a nice guy. I can't judge his ability as a physician. His office however is the most poorly run that I have ever experienced. Disorganized, poorly trained staff will consistently fail to follow up or will drop the ball on routine office procedures. They don't follow the basic medical staff procedures like introducing themselves when the enter or telling the patient what they are there to do. I mistook an MA for an NP first visit They are undependable and did I say disorganized? They have piles of charts everywhere. When I finally changed physicians it was like day and night. It's such a relief now to be on time and have everything in order. It doesn't matter how good a physician Dr Nelson is. I can not run a functional office.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

My experience with Dr Nelson & his staff has always been excellent, he cares about his patients & they always answers any questions I have.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. Stephen L. Nelson's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Delta Dental