Ratings for Dr. Neil Christians

Dr. Christians and Rose (his left hand) have always been kind sincere and helpful to me. I didn’t really have anywhere else to turn and this was my final attempt at getting some medical help and support. When I walked in and was greeted by rose with sincere and kindness it was a great feeling. No one would support my medical concerns and issues instead they thought I was crazy and sent me here. I was feeling crazy because no doctors could understand my concerns. Dr. Christians assures me I wasn’t crazy and in fact did have a severe medical condition he supports me and continues to treat me. With his help and Rose’s I have been doing very well and enjoy our meetings and am glad I was able to get connected finally to the right people. The people that wouldn’t look down on me or treat me different them people are really and truly wonderful and I’m forever greatful they have been so kind to me.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

I have seen a few psychiatrists in an effort to find a therapeutic fit. Dr Christians is actually interested in his patients, He pays attention and offers feedback. It is such a refreshing experience. I am so glad that he found his way to Cape Breton! He is a great doc!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Why would someone prescribe pills with such bad side effects.told him was not for me makes me mad and sore head so he told me to brake it into 8 pieces . A small pill into 8 pieces that's just dumb. Obviously not the right pills but still told me to keep taken then now I can't sleep don't fell like eating laying in. Pretty easily gives drugs out that are used on the street. Good doctor somewhat just to busy for his patients. He was told my story be4 I meet him probly the worst idea. Pretty much had the prescription ready

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Christians for 7 years now and he has done everything he has possible and beyond to help me. He is an amazing doctor, he listens when you speak and he doesn't judge. If every person had a doctor like him they would be very lucky. I don't know what else to say except hopefully he doesn't retire anytime soon because we would all be lost without him.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I love dr.christians but I wish he new what happened to me not his fault.very good doctor 😊

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Dr. Christians is such a kind, caring man. I have horribke anxiety, so meeting with him was absolutely terrifying for me. Somehow I ended up somewhat comfortable with him. He's very calming to talk to. He seems like he reads minds while your in his room, like he knows what you're thinking before you even know. The wait time is an inconvenience, but he is working non-stop with so many patients, you can't really be too upset about that. Plus, there's always coffee in the waiting room. We still haven't worked everything out with me yet, I am a fairly new patient , but from what I've seen of him so far, I really think he can help me. One person can only do so much. You need to want help and work on your own self if you expect anything to come out of these appointments. Also, I see a lot of people on here upset about him "pushing meds." He hasn't pushed any with me, but the point of medication is to help you. It's there to fix chemical imbalances and other things effecting your quality of life. Unfortunately, not everything can be fixed with a good chat and some meditation. Everyone is different so finding the right combo of meds is a long and difficult process. And there's nothing wrong with that.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I met Dr. N. Christians in the emergency department of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital many years ago. At the time I was seeing a psychiatrist who split his practice between Sydney and Scotland. As a result, I could not always get in to see my own psychiatrist, particularly if I was in crisis. Please don't misunderstand me. The psychiatrist I had at that time was an excellent psychiatrist. He helped me tremendously over a twelve year period. However, at one point I was hospitalized and came under the care of Dr. Khan, Psychiatrist with the Cape Breton Regional Hospital. Dr. Khan was very rude and very arrogant. He had no respect whatsoever for women. Furthermore, he had no respect for education. Dr. Khan doubled the strength of my bipolar medication, and sent me home after five days in hospital. When I told him that my own doctor usually cut back the strength of my medication in spring because of Seasonal Affective Disorder, he very rudely said, "When you are in here, you are my patient, not Dr. X's patient. You will take the medication I prescribe for you." Approximately one month later, when I arrived at the Crisis unit high as a kite, I met with Dr. N. Christians. Dr. Christians asked about my condition. I told him the details of my condition. I told him what my own psychiatrist prescribed for the condition. He agreed wholeheartedly that the medication prescribed by my own psychiatrist was, indeed, the proper medication and the proper dosage. He also concurred with my doctor's treatment plan. However, I had to be hospitalized at that point so that my medication could be corrected. Thank God for Dr. N. Christians. He is a brilliant psychiatrist. The Cape Breton Regional Hospital will sorely miss the expertise of such a dedicated and knowledgeable man.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Dr Christian is my life saver this wonderful man goes above to help you with pretty much anything a true angel

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr. Christians is one of the best around. Please keep an open mind when reading some of these comments. He is very knowledgeable and goes the extra mile for his patients. As everything he is great at diagnosing your type of mental illness. But he is not God. Everyone is different, everyone's chemistry is different. I too have had very many different prescriptions written. Only to find out that med wasn't for me and on to the next med. he doesn't push meds on his patients. He explains what to expect from the med and it is a patients responsibilty to call if they have any serious side effects. And if you can't get into him it is important to go to family doctor or hospital. He does cognitive therapy along with keeping my meds in check. I know for myself I never had issues or concerns with his support, guidence or treatment plan. And if I didn't want a certain medication I just spoke up for myself. And to some of the negative persons comments. You need to want to help yourself, befor Dr.christians can help you!!! And he doesn't turn anyone away that is in a crisis. I have been a patient of his for 16 years. And wonderful man, doctor, and person. He has helped me and my family a great deal. And just a helpful hint!! If you want more talk therapy ask him to send you to a social worker ontop of working with Dr. C. And make it more a team approach then critizing, and blaming a man who goes out of his way for patients. Thanks to his staff, and himself for helping my family and me. To the lady who lost her son. I am very sorry for your loss. But no one is to blame. Your son wasn't well. And it will always be a mystery as mental health issues are unique and different and do not fit into one box. And if anyone is feeling unable to cope please go to crisis or call a friend or family. I know they have all helped me over the many many years.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Dr christians helped me overcome my ptsd from another local dr slash sytem i owe this man everythign for workign with me day in and day out will always be grateful to him

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016