Ratings for Dr. Neil Christians

I love dr.christians but I wish he new what happened to me not his fault.very good doctor 😊

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Dr. Christians is such a kind, caring man. I have horribke anxiety, so meeting with him was absolutely terrifying for me. Somehow I ended up somewhat comfortable with him. He's very calming to talk to. He seems like he reads minds while your in his room, like he knows what you're thinking before you even know. The wait time is an inconvenience, but he is working non-stop with so many patients, you can't really be too upset about that. Plus, there's always coffee in the waiting room. We still haven't worked everything out with me yet, I am a fairly new patient , but from what I've seen of him so far, I really think he can help me. One person can only do so much. You need to want help and work on your own self if you expect anything to come out of these appointments. Also, I see a lot of people on here upset about him "pushing meds." He hasn't pushed any with me, but the point of medication is to help you. It's there to fix chemical imbalances and other things effecting your quality of life. Unfortunately, not everything can be fixed with a good chat and some meditation. Everyone is different so finding the right combo of meds is a long and difficult process. And there's nothing wrong with that.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I met Dr. N. Christians in the emergency department of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital many years ago. At the time I was seeing a psychiatrist who split his practice between Sydney and Scotland. As a result, I could not always get in to see my own psychiatrist, particularly if I was in crisis. Please don't misunderstand me. The psychiatrist I had at that time was an excellent psychiatrist. He helped me tremendously over a twelve year period. However, at one point I was hospitalized and came under the care of Dr. Khan, Psychiatrist with the Cape Breton Regional Hospital. Dr. Khan was very rude and very arrogant. He had no respect whatsoever for women. Furthermore, he had no respect for education. Dr. Khan doubled the strength of my bipolar medication, and sent me home after five days in hospital. When I told him that my own doctor usually cut back the strength of my medication in spring because of Seasonal Affective Disorder, he very rudely said, "When you are in here, you are my patient, not Dr. X's patient. You will take the medication I prescribe for you." Approximately one month later, when I arrived at the Crisis unit high as a kite, I met with Dr. N. Christians. Dr. Christians asked about my condition. I told him the details of my condition. I told him what my own psychiatrist prescribed for the condition. He agreed wholeheartedly that the medication prescribed by my own psychiatrist was, indeed, the proper medication and the proper dosage. He also concurred with my doctor's treatment plan. However, I had to be hospitalized at that point so that my medication could be corrected. Thank God for Dr. N. Christians. He is a brilliant psychiatrist. The Cape Breton Regional Hospital will sorely miss the expertise of such a dedicated and knowledgeable man.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Dr Christian is my life saver this wonderful man goes above to help you with pretty much anything a true angel

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr. Christians is one of the best around. Please keep an open mind when reading some of these comments. He is very knowledgeable and goes the extra mile for his patients. As everything he is great at diagnosing your type of mental illness. But he is not God. Everyone is different, everyone's chemistry is different. I too have had very many different prescriptions written. Only to find out that med wasn't for me and on to the next med. he doesn't push meds on his patients. He explains what to expect from the med and it is a patients responsibilty to call if they have any serious side effects. And if you can't get into him it is important to go to family doctor or hospital. He does cognitive therapy along with keeping my meds in check. I know for myself I never had issues or concerns with his support, guidence or treatment plan. And if I didn't want a certain medication I just spoke up for myself. And to some of the negative persons comments. You need to want to help yourself, befor Dr.christians can help you!!! And he doesn't turn anyone away that is in a crisis. I have been a patient of his for 16 years. And wonderful man, doctor, and person. He has helped me and my family a great deal. And just a helpful hint!! If you want more talk therapy ask him to send you to a social worker ontop of working with Dr. C. And make it more a team approach then critizing, and blaming a man who goes out of his way for patients. Thanks to his staff, and himself for helping my family and me. To the lady who lost her son. I am very sorry for your loss. But no one is to blame. Your son wasn't well. And it will always be a mystery as mental health issues are unique and different and do not fit into one box. And if anyone is feeling unable to cope please go to crisis or call a friend or family. I know they have all helped me over the many many years.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

He is a psychopath writing his own reviews because he's trying to lure ripple I to destroy them.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Dr christians helped me overcome my ptsd from another local dr slash sytem i owe this man everythign for workign with me day in and day out will always be grateful to him

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

The most wonderful caring doctor I haver known. I am so grateful to be his patient.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Its very upsetting to me how the medical board covers up things by saying that dr christians is retiring meanwhile he opens his private practice. Dr Scott Milligan was brought in to undermine Dr Christians work by saying that everybody in newwaterford, glacebay, sydney don't need there ADHD medication and that Dr Christians diagnosis on his patients was wrong. I think it is sad that a few bad apples spoils the entire batch. Dr Christians was 1 of the only doctors that took the time to find a solution to the problem going on in your life. There is always going to be people who take advantage of there doctors, but when a problems the medical board never takes responsibility what has transpired.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Absolutely wonderful and caring man. An inspiration to almost everyone I know who gets the opportunity to meet him. My life would literally still be destruction if it wasn't for him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015