Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Horowitz

This guy is an intellectual and lives to serve mankind. He's not your typical doctor. His staff is awesome - kind, helpful, discrete. He is never not on time. The only drag is they don't take insurance, and their hours are odd because he's slowing down the practice as retirement looms. But this is not a guy who will sit back - he will continue to serve people either in third world countries or in southeast. He is much more than a doc - he's a counselor, teacher, and genuinely nice man.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

I came upon this site looking for a link to recommend Dr. Horowitz to a friend who recently relocated to the area. I skimmed the reviews below and decided to add my .02 since they do not characterize the Doctor in the correct light and should be disregarded. I highly recommend Dr. Horowitz and am very thankful I found his office. He is extremely knowledgeable, appropriately conservative and a truly caring person eager to help his patients. His office staff also are some of the best I have dealt with. I might add I have lived in other large metropolitan cities in the past 7-8 years for school such as NYC, Vancouver, Seattle so have dealt with a host of other psychiatric medical practices for medication management in each of these cities. His office staff are about the most professional and attentive I have dealt with. They actually will return your calls in a timely manner and do not ignore you for hours on end if you make a reasonable request. Trusted, quality practitioner. Thanks.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I went to him cause I was refered cause I was on unemplyemnt. And was wrongly diagnosed and when I manged to see a real doctor was told I was given wrong medication what he priscribed was so strong I slept for days and my family was concerned and would wake me to see if I was ok. all he cares about is money and also his staff when I went to a follow up on my first visit they never even took my weight or blood pressur, or anything like that.But i was in need of medication and I trusted them. As they are suppose to be the professional.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Been a patient of this DR. for more than 3 years. Always paid on time. When I expressed financial strain (due to being a student), I was immediately dropped from practice with no explanation. Asked for a referall and all of a sudden they were willing to put me on a payment plan. In the session I expressed my concern and was cut off, yelled at (more like strongly lectured,) and was told not to discuss matter anyfurther. My concern was taken as an order and I was not listened to at all and was told, "there is no other cheaper Dr.'s than me. You have no choice. I only work with poor people because they don't tell me what to do. You are poor and you have no right to tell me what to do." Then I was promptly shown the door, hardly discussing my health concern, and then paid my bill for a session that really wasn't a session. Dr. Horowitz has no compassion and is a Bully. And there are more affordable Dr.'s. You can call Cascadia health services for that information.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

Dr. Michael D. Horowitz's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1977)