Ratings for Dr. Leora Fishman

I have been a patient of Dr. Maurice Martin for over 30 years. He has retired. I will not be going to Dr. Fishman because of her nurse, Nancy. I have observed Nancy and have heard the way she speaks to patients. My opinion of Nancy is she is arrogant, mean spirited, and rude. I refuse to have to deal with her!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

She is very rude and talks down to you. I had to see her today cause she was the only one that wasnt booked. G I wonder why??? Maybe cause shes a rude **** who doent let you finish a sentence, and tell you everything is fine knowing that it isnt. I mean if you cant breath and you have asthma, most places give you a neb treatment, she didnt. She couldnt get me out of the room any faster.I wouldnt recommend anyone to go and see her. If you can wait,and see someone else or go to the ER. She was no help what so ever. Very rude woman. I will never go to her again.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

I havent seen Dr. Fishman in years, primarialy becasue the last time I saw her like 10 years ago I vowed I would never see her again, however, last week I had no choice, I was very sick and she was the only person aval. I learned my lesson once again....Next time I will go to the ER!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

I went to this doctor for 3 years and have finally given up. Now, I will admit to being somewhat of a hypochondriac but she seems to just dismiss any complaint i had as "that's normal". Even after finding a lump in my breast and not even mentioning to get it tested. I had troubles when dealing with this office calling in prescriptions. I literally had to call 3 times to finally get them to call in the correct prescription to my pharmacy. She does not seem very interested in any concerns at all and even will dismiss them. Not a good place to go.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Dr. Fishman is the best GP I've ever had- very down-to-earth and does not talk down to her patients. She is careful to explain everything to me & often writes down suggestions for me to follow up on. She gives good advice on medications and referrals, too. She always seems to take an interest in my health. My wife also uses Dr. F and is equally impressed with her.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010

Like the others said, very abrupt manner. I feel that having her as my Dr. negatively impacted my health. She prescribed medication that was way overkill for which I have lingering side effects many years later. I also found myself avoiding calling when I was sick. Her staff seems to be afraid of her. She is only interested in pharmaceutical solutions and is not supportive in making lifestyle changes. I have not used her for a number of years but I still feel bad about my care.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Have refused to see her for the past 10 years, I will wait all weekend if I have to and see aomeone else on Monday. She thinks she's a therapist, but don't care about feelings or any pain that you might be in.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

Very abrupt and unsympathetic, especially with respect to pain management after injury. I began experiencing severe side effects from a prescription medication and her advice was to just keep taking it. Doesn't seem interested in helping her patients actually feel better.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008

if you have more than one problem you have to wait for your physical to talk. very abrupt. She acts like she dosen't have time for you.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2007

Only could talk about 1 problem per visit

flag | Submitted February 8, 2007

Dr. Leora Fishman's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Somerville, MA