Ratings for Dr. Doug McDermid

Dr. Doug has been my dentist for over 20 years and I've never had a bad experience. Doug is extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things fully. He always has a positive attitude and his staff are great, especially my favourite hygienist Kiran.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Generally not impressed. Hygienists are ok, but do not listen. After repeatedly giving instructions for flossing around a permanent retainer several different hygienists have ignored instructions and eventually popped off part of the retainer.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I have been going to Lakewood dental since I was a child. Dr. Doug is the best dentist ever.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Had a wonderful experience at Lakewood dental. Went in for root canal and the staff were very helpful and nice.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr.McDermid is one, if not, the most professional dentist I have ever seen. Dr. McDermid has always gone above and beyond my expectations as a dentist. I feel very lucky to have him. His staff is well trained and kind. He is truly one of the most kind and positive people I have ever met. He goes out of his way to help his patients. When on holidays he came in to help with my dental problem. We need more people like Doug.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Dr. Doug is a true professional and genuine caring person. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a dentist who is great with adults and kids of all ages. I'm extremely happy with my experience with Dr. Doug and the Lakewood Dental staff and have been for over 20 years. Great at keeping appointments on schedule and if there's an emergency they'll get you in. The extensive work he recently did on my teeth has put the smile back on my face. He said I could be in the chair for 2.5-3 hours and I was. But to my relief, not one bit of pain. My family and I have always been treated with courtesy and respect by all the staff. They take the time to explain procedures in full detail and always have time for your questions. Not that I look forward to going to the dentist but my family and I have never had an unpleasant experience with Dr. Doug. If you need a guy...he's the guy!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Doug is my man. He has been dealing with my teeth since I was a baby.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

As a result of series a horrible dentist experiences, I had not been to a dentist for 30+ years and had the cavities to prove it. Dr. Doug was suggested to me by a hypno-therapist as being good for people with a dental phobia. She was absolutely correct! He took the time to build trust before he even looked in my mouth. It took about 1-1/2 years to get my teeth back in shape. All my old fillings replaced, 1 extraction, 1 bridge and 1 crown (so far) and I no longer consider myself a phobic. I still don't like dentists, but I no longer have severe anxiety attacks at the thought of going to a dentist and it's all because of Dr. Doug. --- Rick S.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2012

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

I saw this doctor from the time i was a child until my mid twenties. During that time I experienced more than one episode of moderate depression in which i failed to care for my teeth. Dr. McDermid was absolutely cruel to me, leading me to believe my dental situation was somehow hopeless (which was absolutely untrue). In addition, his dental assistant and wife (receptionist) were positively nasty to me and tried to make me feel like garbage when I attended my appointments. They should be ASHAMED of themselves for treating another human the way they treated me, doubly so for the assistant who is a so-called health professional.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012