Ratings for Dr. Edward P. Secunda

Dr Secunda spends very little time with his patients and even skimps on explanations of side effects for prescribed medication. Do your research as very little patient education will occur. The office staff is highly disorganized and still complete paper-based. There have been times where there couldn't find my folder and thus any of my information. Office staff had lied for weeks about a referral status to cover the fact they never reached out to insurance as their 1 ref person was on vacation. First I was told Insurance delined the referral. Second I was told they didn't decline the referral but rather suggested a different test which doesn't require one. Finally, and after nearly $500 in office visit fees, it came to the point I required the original referral I sought 6 weeks prior. After 6 weeks of being the fool I reached out to my insurance company and learned the Dr's Office still had not reached out to them a single time.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Great staff great doctor, kind caring and compassionate .

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

worst doctor ever. the only thing he does is sneak his head in for a second and than tells you to get blood work done. and than your blood work comes back and no one calls to tell you the results. he literally comes and leaves the room in such a hurry that you forget to ask anything. not caring and worst to deal with. made the worst mistake of going there. I was going there for a few month and got three sets of blood work done because I would be in such intense pain after eating. I would end up in the ER. I would go to him and would tell me everything is normal and gave me omperazole. three month later I collapsed at home and was hospitalized for pancrease failure. I was hospitalized for 15 days with nothing to eat and drink but IVs so this is just the tip of the iceburg. please stay away from him.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

Dr. Secunda has been my doctor for 15 years. I have a number of chronic illnesses, most of which I see specialists for, but he does see me for illnesses that come up and he also monitors my blood for a clotting issue. One time I had an issue and he had the blood work done and called me on my cell phone to tell me I was OK to go on a cruise. Not a staff member, but Dr. Secunda himself. I read through these posts and I am sorry if that is the experience you have had, but I have found him to be a warm man, thorough, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him. As for insurance, I now have Medicare, but I also saw him with BC/BS and Aetna.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

The staff and the waiting time were excellent. I have had to wait form an hour before for my old Doctor, but as a new patient I was amazed at only the 10 minute wait. He was very kind and courteous and explained everything to me. I would recommend him and his office to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr Secunda is not just the most unprofessional and uncaring Dr in the nation but he is also one of the worst people I have ever met. I took my 11 year old son to him 3 days ago for a horrible cough. He gave a prescription for cough medicine. The cough got much worse so I brought him back. When the nurse was taking us to a room Secunda walked out in the hallway and asked (very loudly) what he was doing back already. I told him and he said for me to give him some robotusin and swore as he walked around they corner. I will NEVER let anybody I know walk into that evil mans office as long as I am living!! What a jerk!!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

After reading all of the bad comments, I was hesitant to see Dr. Secunda. To my surprise, the staff was friendly, the office was very clean and Dr. Secunda was great! He was caring and thoughtful and helped me with my issue. He asked me to check in with him in about amonth and to let him know if I have any more problems. I don't know why he gets such a bad rap! I thought he was great!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

One of the worst docs I have seen and there are many others like him. 2 prior docs said I have chest infection but he said it was fine when prior x-ray showed different story. Find someone else.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

Dr. Secunda has always given good diagnosis when we are sick and helpful tips to control our weight and cholesterol. He does voice concerns about our weight and it is a good thing! We are not obese but need to lose weight. The medications he prescribes are helpful and we have not had any problems with him. My husband and I have been seeing him since 2000 and we both have college degrees. I also do not put up with crap from anyone and never give ratings unless I feel strongly about something or someone. Dr. Secunda has been in the top 100 doctors listed by Jacksonville Magazine for the past three years.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

Absolutely the worst doctor I've ever been to. Called me a drug addict and gave me the wrong prescription. He was extremely rude and uncaring about the pain I was experiencing. He should NOT be a doctor!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Dr. Edward P. Secunda's Credentials

• Nova Se Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Ft Lauderdale Fl 33328 (Grad. 1989)