Ratings for Dr. David G. Stevens

I have had a swollen ankle for 3 years. No one has been able to figure out why. I finally got an MRI to find out I had 2 torn ligaments. Dr Stevens did an ankle arthroscopy in Jan 2018. It is now June and the swelling is worse than ever and I cannot walk for more than 5 minutes at a time and even then it is with a SEVERE limp that I did not have before. In my 3 post op visits he said it should not still be swollen and to come back in a month. I have stopped wasting my time and am waiting for an appointment with a surgeon who will 1) fix the original problem of ankle instability and 2) try to fix what Dr Stevens has done to my foot in the name of surgery. I will NEVER go back to him!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

I'm 5 weeks into me sub-talar fusion. I feel great. No more pain. I'm walking in an air cast and still have 4 weeks to go. Dr. Stevens was great. He has a fantastic bed side manner and is very prompt at his fracture clinic. His staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. Now I'm recommending Dr. Stevens to anyone that needs his style of surgeries!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Dr. Stevens did a total ankle replacement in January 2018. By the end of April I'm able to live a very normal life pain free. He's kind, professional, and the best surgeon in this field. Thank you Dr. Stevens for all your skill in making a 50 year old injury brand new again!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

I was horribly mangled in a MVA in 2003. During my years of coping with my significant injuries and complications due to that I have had to undergo countless hours of therapy from many different fields of medicine and have had several surgeries to multiple joints and limbs. Throughout all of these exhausting experiences Dr. Steven’s has been one of the few individuals I have met that somehow takes that experience and makes it less horrible with his excellent bedside manner; a wonderful genuine smile (that is always there no matter how long or trying his day has been), a voice that is always calm and reassuring making sure you understand which options are available for you and making recommendations with the reasons as to why he feels the are best suited to your situation. He explains what is going to happen during the surgery and the recovery process and until you have no more questions and you completely understand everything that was said he will not begin. I also have asthma and I suffer from sleep apnea which makes me overly nervous about surgery so I need to joke around A LOT to calm myself and he always humours me and plays along to which I am eternally grateful. He ensures the healing process takes the correct amount of time, use of the right pain relief and provides all the information on how to care for, clean and heal properly from the surgery. By far one of the best human beings I have had the pleasure to meet and I am lucky enough to have him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Dr Stevens has been excellent with our daughter who broke her ankle playing hockey and required surgery. As a parent watching your child go thru anything like this is tough but with Dr Stevens we have felt so well taken care of and informed as well as our daughter is very comfortable with him too. K/W is very lucky to have him !

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

This man is the man! One of the best doctors I have ever had the opportunity to meet and deal with!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

I just love Dr. Stevens. I had 2 surgeries on my ankle with Dr. Stevens and in both cases I admire him as professional doctor, very caring person and man who loves his job. If I ever need to go back to him again I know I would be in safe hands. Thank you, Dr. Stevens.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

This morning I had my right foot mortons neuroma removed by Dr. David Stevens. He answered all my anxiety driven questions, was extremely professional and at the same time totally caring!! If I had to I would get another surgery done by him. He is worth the wait. I really hope there are other fantastic Doctors like him. God Bless you Dr. David Stevens.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I had surgery this September to have a painful bunion removed. Dr. Stevens was very thorough when discussing the procedure and what to expect afterwards( no sugar coating). He took the time to explain and answer any questions I had. The day of surgery he went through exactly what was going to happen and even joked around in the surgery to make me feel at ease and comfortable( GREAT bed-side manor). It's been 8 weeks since my surgery and I can't get over how wonderfully my foots healed and that I'm walking normal again!!! I would recommend Dr. David Stevens to anyone who needs to see an Orthopedic surgeon... Thank you Dr. Stevens:)

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

I went to see this doctor in September 2016, for the deformation in both feet. Wonderful doctor long waiting list, I am still waiting. Hopefully sooner than later I will have my problem solved.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017