Ratings for Dr. Batu Malek

DR. MALEK IS EXCELLENT ,VERY SAD THAT HE HAD TO RETIRE. HES VERY KIND AND CARING,

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

My family and I will really miss Dr. and Mrs. Malek when they retire. We've gone to him for about thirty five years and always found them respectful, kind and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

I think he is a great doctor, very knowledgeable never have to wait for an appointment. And explains things in Layman terms so I undertand

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Switched from him to another Doctor. When my daughter was born I asked him about vaccines. What they were, when to get them, why we need them, what the risks were, etc. Just a concerned new mom. Dr. Malek was so judgmental, told me "they are necessary, if you don's give her the vaccinations today you can leave immediately and dont ever come back" She did get the vaccinations, but we didn't ever come back. I never planned to NOT give her them, I was just looking for more information on them as a first time mom. Doctors don't like when you scorn the internet for information, but when you can't even go to your Doctor who else can you to go? Terrible.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

If you know you need something, you tell him and he listens. Been to other younger doctors that aren't nearly as attentive. Although he is often behind in scheduling, he really wants to know about his clients. He's recently gotten a bit busier but I can see him still within a day or two of when I call. Far more attentive and kind than other doctors I've had. I'm also a female in my mid-twenties and he stays up-to-date with needs for people my age. Only thing he won't do is physicals for females my age. They will for my mom but I respect his decision not to.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Malek has been my family doctor for over 35 years, he is my childrens doctor and was my parents, grand parents doctor as well. I see these comments about him being outdated and the need for younger doctors. He recently referred my daughter to a 'specialist' a younger doctor, who refused to accept testing that was ordered for her, needed it to be done at his own clinic. Well 7 weeks later and with a hand written note from Dr. Malek, I rushed her to emergency where surgery was done immediately. While this younger doctor fed his pocketbook with more and more tests, my daughter lost 30 lbs and could have died when Dr. Malek had diagnosed her issued the first day he saw her... Keep your younger doctors, I will be with him till the day he retires! He has the time and knowledge to keep me and my loved ones well.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Nice guy but..... Came to see him repeatedly for months re chest pain. He basically ignored me. Luckily I sought out second opinions..I had to have triple bypass surgery. Saved my life. Same story with back and leg pain. Another dr ordered an mri. Discovered major lower back issues. Why did the OMA not force him to retire years ago. He's in his 80's for goodness sake!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Years ago Dr. B. Malek was an amazing physician. He was patient and helpful. He always took what you had to say seriously. Unfortunately that has changed . He readily dismisses what you have to say. He does nothing in his office other than sitting in his office chatting. He reuses to prescribe any type of pain meds; even in small quantities. I understand his concern with drug dependence. I had a double knee replacement recently. H e refused to offer any type of pain relief even though my physiotherapist wrote a letter to him asking him to do so. In my opinion, He should step aside allowing another physician to practice medicine. He is now in his eighties.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Dr. Malek has been my Dr. for almost 40 years and I find him very helpful and respectful of any of the issues I am having when I visit. He is very knowledgeable. He will refer you to a specialist when required and requests the necessary test be done for the issues you are having.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

It's going to be very sad day when I won't be able to pick up the phone and get in to see him within 24hrs. He has been our dr for over 20 yrs. can not say enough about him and Mrs. Malek.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016