Ratings for Dr. Mary E. Lyster

Even if she seems to listen to what you tell her, she does make any effort to use that information and come up with any diagnostic or advice. She ended the visit by asking me twice (like a salesman) if there was anything else she could help me with, after she pretty much did not even order any lab tests to diagnose my symptoms (abdominal pain and bloatedness and extreme fatigue), and instead she just said it must be from stress and I should see a psychiatrist for depression. Also, it was flu season when I saw her and she did not even suggest I get a vaccine. Good thing that one of the nurses asked me as I was getting out the door if I wanted one.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

this doctor is one of a kind; old fashion values with state-of-the-art-knowledge

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I began care with Dr Lyster after my primary care doctor retired. I liked him very much but soon realized how much more I got out of seeing Dr Lyster. She listened for a solid 10 minutes without interrupting me then asked questions about every aspect of my life. I thought we were through by then but then she performed the most complete physical exam I have ever gotten.She ordered fewer tests but explained what tests were necessary for me as an individual and what tests were not considered necessary. I now bring my mother and children to Dr Lyster. It's great to have a family doctor!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

This Doctor doesn't listen to what a patients. She seem to be a pill pusher with any new drugs on the market. She guesses what is your problem is. She is no Doctor Ellison. He was great he listen to your whole life story and what you said. This Doctor has no care for what her patients tell her. I told her had no money to charge my on FSA. card for the rest of the year, I am short $1500.00 on my co-pay. I went to a specialist and he said leave what ain't broken alone. Then I went back to her, the first thing she wanted to change my meds. even after I told her I had 5 months of the med at home. It was the one that she wanted to replace. My wife gets migrines headaches she told her it wasn't a migraine headache it was just a headache and my wife didn't know what she was talking about. Lyster gave some pills for stomach ache. Nothing for headache keep her out of work for three day so far. Charge $25.00 co-pay oh yea come back in three days for another $25.00 co-pay.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

This Dr. is a new Dr. At anchor medical(warwick, R.I.), she is replacing a Dr that was very well liked, and has now retired,,I found this Dr. to be very egotistical and totally terrible with patient care and knowledge, thank god there are other Doctors and Pa at anchor that are excellant or I would have had to leave and go elsewhere,

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

listens well,thorough, very smart and caring.I felt I was in good hands.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010

this doctor is not very attentive. This is a health center which is always full of people. When you call her you can NEVER speak to her on the phone. You leave messages for her but she has everyone else call you back. You cannot schedule an appointment unless it is for follow up (don't get hurt over the weekend and need to see her) because you have to call a day ahead to use the (same day appointment) you are told to call by 4:00 the day before you need to see her and if you call at 4:01 chances are you are out of luck but hey, what's one more day of pain?

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

Dr. Mary E. Lyster's Credentials

• Brown Univ Program In Med, Providence Ri 02912 (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Pawtucket, RI