Ratings for Dr. John M. Tyler

I am my 90 year-old father's caregiver. Because Dr. Tyler refused to call in a refill for the prescription my father had been given the previous month (for chronic UTI's), we went in to see the doctor again. While there, the office girls kicked out a couple who had sought help after the husband tore open his leg on a jagged rock because the wife, beside herself with fear, used a scatological term. The girl at the desk stood up and, pointing at the door, said, "Ma'am, You're going to have to leave this office immediately. We don't allow such language in here!" I mentioned this to Dr. Tyler, who became very angry and said, "I will not have my girls exposed to that kind of language!" When I pointed out that this was a medical office, not a Sunday school, Dr. Tyler (perhaps 35) and I (a 60 year-old woman)had a shouting match that nearly became fisticuffs. I have since found a new doctor for my father.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

Dr. John M. Tyler's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Ameritas