You may also like

Rate Dr. Pierre Faber

Dr. Pierre Faber's Ratings

Good doctor and personable, upbeat. Office staff a bit curt but helpful. Maybe he should offer more office hours to avoid the waits and the very hectic office pace.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2906095].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2015

This office wants 25.00 to send a fax? Yes, twenty-five dollars.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2824905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Very efficient and careful doctor. This is an extremely busy office. Dr. Faber handles his patients efficiently and compassionately. He is an exceptional doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729100].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

This was my 3rd visit over the last 10 years. Last visit I did wait for a while (like everyone I hate waiting - however, I've waited longer for specialist's, even for my GP). Today I didn't wait long. I Was in and out in 1 1/2 hours during which time I had several tests and was briefed for upcoming surgery. Staff were great punctuality (wrong term, wait time would be more appropriate) . That's my opinions as punctuality seems to infer he didn't come on time. Plenty of reading materials etc. I'm surprised that anyone would question the Drs "knowledge". As an RN I worked in health care for many years, I belie his knowledge is exceptional.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2629045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2014

I saw Dr Faber for episcleritis which I was diagnosed with 20 years ago.
At the first appointment he confirmed the diagnosis and gave me the appropriate medication. I returned 2 weeks later to follow up. After waiting an hour and half past my appointment time he finally saw me. He didn't bother to refer to my chart (which I had read out of boredom as it was the only reading material in the room) but looked at me, said I was fine and that the redness in my eye was because I spent too much time in the wind & sun!
I said "didn't you diagnos this as episcleritis"? He said "no" and sent me on my way. Utter nonsense as I read my chart which contained a letter to my GP confirming the diagnosis of Episcleritis.
This doctor is overbooked and as a result his patient care and treatment is nothing short of negligible.
Don't see him if you value your eyes, find another doctor, he is a danger to anyone's health!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2469869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Everything was ok, but not a fantastic experience. I thought that with the high amount of billing that is reported he would have a nicer office. Plus it was running quite behind schedule. The funniest thing I heard was from my niece who knows students at UBC and she told me that they call him 'Darth Faber' behind his back as an old joke.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1469136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2013

After botching my first eye surgery Dr Faber assured me that a second surgery would solve the problem and stated that only once in his career did he have to perform a third surgery. I guess that record still stands because after he botched the second surgery I sought out another ophthalmologist. I concur with other comments that Dr Faber runs a mill-style practice.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1469135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2013

I had a cataract surgery with another surgeon. It was terrible one. I was tortured from the surgery for half year before my friend recommend me to see Dr. Faber. My friend told me, many Dr.s had hundreds and hundreds surgeries, and Dr. Faber had thousands and thousands surgeries. Dr. Faber examed my eye and found out the lens is not in the center with an incorrect diopter. He suggested me to have a second surgery to take out the lens and implant a new one. His careful examination, sincere words and truthful manner build up my confident. I booked my second surgery with Dr. Faber. It was only two weeks away. Dr Faber is a brilliant and skilful surgeon. He kept communication with me during the surgery. " I cut an open now." " I have removed the original lens." "The new lens has been implanted." The surgery took only ten minutes or less. It is a successful one. Good manner, careful examination, huge numbers of experiences and excellent skill, I strongly recommend Dr. Faber. Edward Wang, Vancouver.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1469134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2012

Dr Faber is a brilliant surgeon. He restored perfect vision to both my eyes. I found his communication direct and easy to understand. He has an extremely busy practice with 20 people waiting all the time. So I imagine he is not the best if you want chit-chat. But if you want a very competent eye surgeon I highly recommend him. It is a miracle! I can see perfectly without glasses!! ***** PB, Vancouver

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1469133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

I've been seeing Dr Faber for a few years and have found him to be very knowledgeable and very nice. My wife and her family have seen him for decades. Waiting to see him is a pain, but he has always taken the time to talk to me about my condition and has never made me feel particularly rushed. He's a very good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1469132].votes_count ]]