Ratings for Dr. Pierre Faber

This is a badly run multimillion $ mill located in the overcrowded office which is in a desperate need for a good cleaning and renovation. The equipment upgrade is long past due. Staff is grumpy and it feels that they are depressed, overworked and underpaid. During my two hours spent in the waiting room, none of the six girls smiled, not even as a result of a facial spasm. As it is humanely impossible to squeeze 12 patients, as scheduled, in 60 minutes, Dr. Faber is always running late. Who cares about your couple of hours of completely wasted time. No apologies for stealing your time is ever offered. It’s obvious that his time is more valuable. Patients’ time is worth zero. After we waited for about 1.5 hours, he saw us for about 3.5 minutes. I feel more respected and valued as a customer at any gas pump I’ve been. Nobody, no matter how exceptional an expert they are, can provide you with a good service in these circumstances. Money creates vultures, and I saw one at 616-2525 Willow St. You may also want to check this link: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/more-b-c-physicians-join-the-million-dollar-club-1.900597

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

I'm fairly young but I recently had cataract surgery. I was amazed at how quickly the process went from diagnosis to surgery. I have heard many great things about Dr. Faber and I was really impressed with the care I was given. He is a busy doctor, but I felt he answered all my questions and I was never rushed. His office staff was very courteous and thorough. I was also impressed by the technicians who took all the measurements of my eyes, and especially the technician who took me through the whole procedure, answering every question in detail. The nurses at the hospital were awesome as well. The whole surgery was over very quickly, but even though it was fast, Dr. Faber always took time to explain things. I really like his demeanor, he's very down to earth and has a good sense of humor though very professional. I felt very confident with him. One of the nurses told me that most doctors who need eye surgery also go to him. My mother, who has had cataract surgery in another city, asked her ophthalmologist about Dr. Faber and he said he was one of the best, very good. That said, I do agree with other reviewers about the waits for phone calls. They really need to improve that system. I know people complain that he does too many surgeries, but frankly I'm impressed with his energy for his job. It is wonderful that we don't have to wait for months, or years for cataract surgery any more because of doctors like Faber.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

All Dr. Fibre cares about is making money.....over booked factory....worst doctor ever!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

The office requires you to call a week ahead of appointment to confirm, otherwise, they will cancel the appointment. When you call, the phone lines are busy for hours. When you finally get through, you are on hold. 32minutes later, still on hold. This is an incredible burden of caregivers (children) of elderly patients who have to balance their careers and life in addition to being on hold. Dr Faber expresses his impatience when his elderly patient is slow to navigate to the exam room using a walker. Twice now, he put his hand on my upper back and nudged me forward. I did not say anything because I did not want to compromise my mother's care.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Not sure someone who works on so many patients can really be very thorough.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

subsequent to my post on Feb 15, I received a personal apology from Dr. Faber about the long wait and not being checked in and he scheduled me in for a new appointment and I had my appointment with hardly any waiting time at all. It helps to give feedback, Dr. Faber & his staff do care and he follows up with incidences reported to him. You can email him and he will look into the situation. Thank you

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I arrive 15 minutes prior to my scheduled appointment, like a good patient. I spoke with the person at the check-in counter, told her my name and who I was visiting (Dr. Faber). She told me to have a seat. I sat for 45 minutes. I know there is a long wait for patients to get from their chair into the examing room but I wanted to know how many people were ahead of me. The person at the counter told me I had not been checked. I told her I had checked in with one of her co-workers. It appears that she had forgotten to check me in. I was told there would be another hours' wait. If this were my business I would have made an allowance for the fact that someone messed up. I would not have added on yet another hour of wait to my already 45 minutes. Every time I go to Dr. Faber's office there is a long wait and there is always an excuse. Someone needs to learn or get a proper scheduling program for this very busy business. As for the comments about how hard it is to call into the office. I observed staff answering incoming calls, asking the caller to hold, then walking away from the phone to do something else. It seems that all calls are put on hold until the staff have time to talk to the caller. Very poorly run as far as office administration goes. I cancelled my appointment for that day and rescheduled for another time. What was even more hurtful was that I wasn't even given an apology.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

You will wait on the phone forever to try and get ahold of them - if you even make it past a busy signal!! Terrible! . My family doctor even had to keep trying just to do the referral!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Can be impossible to contact the office. Couldn't reach them after over twenty attempts over two weeks (busy signal, phone rings forever, no voicemail). No appointment ever started less than 30 min late and often 60 plus min late.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I had a consultation with him regarding cataracts. He answered all of my questions very patiently and professionally, which I greatly appreciated. Very nice person.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016