Ratings for Dr. Pierre Faber

What a jerk....leave your patient waiting in an overcrowded room for 2 hours and then spend 10 min with them. He could care less how that affects the rest of your day...all about him

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I don't mind the waits in the office. To be honest, it's the least I can do to ensure that I receive the required attention from Dr Faber. Lately, my experience with the front office staff has been one of frustration, to the point where I am upset. And it takes a lot to upset me. My husband and I trust Dr Faber completely with our eye health, and we have for the past 12+ years. You won't find a more knowledgeable and competent doctor anywhere. However, he really needs to look into a training / monitoring system for some of his front office staff. Absolutely appalling service.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Very skillful eye surgeon. Very knowledgeable. Cares for his patients.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

The staff are terrible. I was in the waiting room. One of the girls talked to someone on the phone and after she put down the receiver she started talking to the other girls about the patient laughing, mocking. Another patient left and they started talking about him, again laughing mocking. I felt very uncomfortable thinking what they will talk about me when I leave. I waited an hour and half. But the appointment lasted 8 minutes! Barely made to my car before the parking meter expired. This happened three times I was at this Dr's office. Waiting time is at least one hour!!! Will never go to that office! The staff, almost everybody in the waiting room are depressed, angry and just without any manner. Their clothes are as if they are homeless...

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Having patients waiting for 2 hrs is not how to run a business. I'm finished sitting and waiting in this guys office. Try putting your patients ahead of a big money grab.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Had cataract surgery and correction in both eyes. Can see clear as a bell. Should of done this a few years ago. Wore gas permable contacts for 40 plus years,as an 18 year old, thus the cataracts. Dr. Faber is an excellent doctor. Too bad he will retire in the next few years, and if he is so busy and he is, he is obviously good at his craft and has done thousands of peoples eyes.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

This is a badly run multimillion $ mill located in the overcrowded office which is in a desperate need for a good cleaning and renovation. The equipment upgrade is long past due. Staff is grumpy and it feels that they are depressed, overworked and underpaid. During my two hours spent in the waiting room, none of the six girls smiled, not even as a result of a facial spasm. As it is humanely impossible to squeeze 12 patients, as scheduled, in 60 minutes, Dr. Faber is always running late. Who cares about your couple of hours of completely wasted time. No apologies for stealing your time is ever offered. It’s obvious that his time is more valuable. Patients’ time is worth zero. After we waited for about 1.5 hours, he saw us for about 3.5 minutes. I feel more respected and valued as a customer at any gas pump I’ve been. Nobody, no matter how exceptional an expert they are, can provide you with a good service in these circumstances. Money creates vultures, and I saw one at 616-2525 Willow St. You may also want to check this link: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/more-b-c-physicians-join-the-million-dollar-club-1.900597

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

I'm fairly young but I recently had cataract surgery. I was amazed at how quickly the process went from diagnosis to surgery. I have heard many great things about Dr. Faber and I was really impressed with the care I was given. He is a busy doctor, but I felt he answered all my questions and I was never rushed. His office staff was very courteous and thorough. I was also impressed by the technicians who took all the measurements of my eyes, and especially the technician who took me through the whole procedure, answering every question in detail. The nurses at the hospital were awesome as well. The whole surgery was over very quickly, but even though it was fast, Dr. Faber always took time to explain things. I really like his demeanor, he's very down to earth and has a good sense of humor though very professional. I felt very confident with him. One of the nurses told me that most doctors who need eye surgery also go to him. My mother, who has had cataract surgery in another city, asked her ophthalmologist about Dr. Faber and he said he was one of the best, very good. That said, I do agree with other reviewers about the waits for phone calls. They really need to improve that system. I know people complain that he does too many surgeries, but frankly I'm impressed with his energy for his job. It is wonderful that we don't have to wait for months, or years for cataract surgery any more because of doctors like Faber.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

All Dr. Fibre cares about is making money.....over booked factory....worst doctor ever!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

The office requires you to call a week ahead of appointment to confirm, otherwise, they will cancel the appointment. When you call, the phone lines are busy for hours. When you finally get through, you are on hold. 32minutes later, still on hold. This is an incredible burden of caregivers (children) of elderly patients who have to balance their careers and life in addition to being on hold. Dr Faber expresses his impatience when his elderly patient is slow to navigate to the exam room using a walker. Twice now, he put his hand on my upper back and nudged me forward. I did not say anything because I did not want to compromise my mother's care.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016