Ratings for Dr. Thomas R. Scales

This has to be the most rude, and unprofessional Doctors Staff in Nashville, Tn. If you request to speak to Dr Scales , they tell you that he will not speak to his patients over the phone. Camille, I do believe is her name is the most rude and I do believe incapable of being what Dr Scales needs as a communication front desk relations employee. Dr Scales seems to know his medicine and didn't have a problem with him per say but, he could have such a great office if it was a desire of his and I find it non concerning to him. If you go you will quickly see what I mean if you are used to going into professional Doctors offices or just professionals in general. If you need blood drawn, don't go here. In fact it seems unless you have eating disorders, don't go here period. I thought that Dr Scales was so caring until I listened to his employee speak about how he feels they should handle patients and now I have no faith in his true caring ability at all.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

When he comes in the exam room he never rushes or hurries, very professional I don't now who I would go to if he ever changed careers I am so greatful I have such a good doc.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Great guy. Knowledgeable Doctor and he will listen. Has to take a while to communicate but he gets his words out and he will be my doc as long as he is in practice .

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Dr. Scales is one of the few docs in Nashville who specializes in eating disorders..and while he is a very smart guy (book worm)...he has no bedside manner and is extremely awkward and shy...he often looks at his feet and won't look you in the eye...it was just weird...he kept me in the hospital in Nashville on tube feedings for almost 2 weeks even though I requested to eat from the get-go...it was a very painful experience and not very holistic approach to helping someone who is compliant and wants to be treated as a person, not a textbook eating disorder

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Dr. Scales is very knowledgeable and works closely with his patient's to resolve their issues. He has a very good office staff that are very kind and attentive to their patients. Office is neat and quality is excellent

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Dr. Scales was bumbling and always made me feel uncomfortable. He kept insisting that my fever and the swelling in my abdomen were caused by irritable bowel syndrome, though I insisted that's not what it felt like. He used up what my insurance would pay for on pointless office visits, that even included CLEANING MY EARS because he thought it would alleviate my dizziness. I finally insisted on X-rays for my abdomen. They saw "something" and did a CT scan, and they found a tumor the size of a baseball on my ovary. Dr. Scales didn't listen, didn't investigate, and did not put the patient first. He may be very good at treating eating disorders, but I would NOT go to this doctor for internal medicine.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

Dr. Scales has had some office staffing problems in the past but has recently gotten a much better handle on things. I began seeing him in 2004 I think and he's managed to weed out the office staff, who are now much more professional and skilled. As for Dr. Scales himself, there is nothing lacking and his knowledge and memory are unsurpassed. If something happened to him I can't imagine where else I would go to be treated. I hope Dr. Scales remains in active practice for as long as I need him!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr Scales specializes in internal medicine, psychiatry and eating disorders as the three are often linked. He is extremely knowledgable about medications, conditions and testing. He often returns phone calls personally, even when a staff person could relay the information. There are registered dieticians and licensed marriage and family therapists in the office also. He has privelages at Centennial and at Baptist. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

My husband and I saw this Doctor one time. He broke the Privacy Act 5 days after seeing him.I feel every doctor should hold doctor-patient confidentiality in high regard!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2007

Dr. Thomas R. Scales's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal