Ratings for Dr. Brian McLean

Don't go to this dentist. He fills in for other dentists when they are on vacation. Went to him many years ago - he removed some mercury from a couple molars - used no precautions for himself or for me and left merc in my molar. He had no assistant and no real secretary because he rents the chair -doesn't have his own office. He was rough and swore while working in my mouth because something wasn't going right.He also went ahead and did work on a molar that I never approved. He aligns himself with holistic dentists but he seems so angry at the world. There is a good dentist in Thornton that is very holisitc, seems very honest and seems to do really good work - Dr. Tobin....but beware...Dr. McLean fills in for her when she is away. Don't let this man near your mouth. He may be holistic but he's not a good practitioner.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

Went there once and nearly ran out of the office. Very nice man but I just got a creepy feeling being there. I also got the same impression as another reviewer about the receptionist - she seemed uneasy and nervous. This was a number of years ago but I recall it well. The office even seemed makeshift.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008

I always got the impression that I was getting dental work done because Dr. Mclean needed the income instead of whether it was necessary for my well being. The staff turnover in his office was never ending. He is a nice person but not a very efficient business professional.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

Dr. Brian McLean is a very good dentist. Have been with him since 1977 and still go to him. He is very good.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2007

Shakey hands. Obvious to everyone, he has Parkinsons or mercury exposure.The problem is you don't find out until you arrive. Receptionist very smiley, but assistant looked frightened and stressed. He took a minute break after his drill got caught in the rubber dam. He didn't seem to be able to regain his concentration, and the drill skipped off my tooth and punctured the gum, then cheek. He dapped the bleeding holes with some sort of chemical. He said he was sorry. I had an amazing headache later. I met him, sight unseen, through his paid advertisement in a free holistic wellness magazine. He seems like a sweet old guy, very forgetful and confused, but a sweet guy none the less, he just shouldn't be a dentist anymore.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2007