Ratings for Dr. John E. Melba

I've been seeing Dr. Melba for a while and he used to be really excellent. However, in the past year, I've felt brushed off and like he just wants to ignore my specific needs and toss medication or blanket solutions to my issues. I don't feel cared for, but like I'm a nuisance to him.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr Melba is a great doctor. First the office staff is very friendly and helpful. Next Dr Melba has a great bedside manner and he takes his time. He will listen to your concerns. I trust Dr Melba with my life. Thank you Dr Melba for being a great guy and a friend who cares.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2011

I give this rating post facto for the years from about 2002 thru 2008. Dr. John Melba took particularly great care of my autist and mentally/emotionally handicapped son and prescribed the meds that helped him (and my wife and I) greatly. When my son broke his arm, they gave him #1 priority (due to his emotional inability to handle the discomfort/pain) and insured that a nearby specialist saw my son IMMEDIATELY. This is a great office. This is a GREAT doctor. (My family and I have seen three different doctors a this practice: Melba, Leland and DeRosa, all of which are excellent.) Dr. JOHN MELBA is my GOLD STANDARD.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

My spouse and I have been with Dr. Melba for well over 5 years and have been very happy with him and the entire staff at Milestone Family Practice. He is genuine and really cares about you as a patient. He's knowledgeable, helpful, concerned and very pleasant to deal with. He takes his time with you, giving as much information as possible and assisting you in understanding what the situation is. He never makes you feel you are "bothering" him with questions. He has always been beyond the call of duty of assisting you. I would highly recommend Dr. Melba to anyone seeking a GP/Family Doctor in this area....he's the best!!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

He really cares about his patients. After years of everyone in the family seeing him, we've never had any complaints. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

Dr. Melba is very good at answering questions and concerns. He gave great care to our special needs son and the rest of the family. Office staff is very efficient.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2010

Great doctor! He is very personable and caring. He has, on many occasions, gone above and beyond to help me and my family (after hours, on weekends, etc). For anyone looking for a doctor in this area, you would certainly not go wrong choosing him!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. John E. Melba's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

AHC