Ratings for Dr. Ellen Ross

Dr. Ross is fantastic. She listens empathetically, and involves the patient in treatment decisions. She considers life issues as well as medical ones -- asking, for example, if I needed sample meds for a day or do until I could get to a pharmacy. She is super-smart, but not embarassed to look something up. I have followed her through three location changes, and have referred her to several others. She is my idea of what a really good doctor should be.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

I hadn't been to a physcian other than my OB/GYN in over 15 years. I am in full-blown menopause, high cholestoral, gained 30 pounds in one year, (I eat 1200 calories a day) body tingles, leg swelling, 50 hot flashes a day, lethargic. I am wearing plus three reading glasses. (never even looked in my eyes to see if I had cataracts) After I listed my symptoms, she SHRUGGED AND SMIRKED! She is described as having interests in metabolism and menapause! I don't think so. Told me to see a dietician and go on WEIGHT WATCHERS. I experienced her asmug, arrogant, and completely condescending person and physician. I have never been treated this poorly and disrepectfully in my life. I can't believe I took a day off from work to see her and spent my health care dollars on this unbelievably ridiculous office visit.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2007

Dr. Ellen Ross's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1981)