Ratings for Dr. Brian C. Richardson

Dr. Richardson has been caring for my son, who is diagnosed Autistic, and has a Seizure Disorder, for a few years now. He has always been respectful, kind, attentive and knowledgable. My family and I have the highest regard for Dr. Brian Richardson. My experiences with him have always been good, and I expect that to continue.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

During our consult, Dr. Richardson was curt, arrogant, condescending, dismissive, insulting, blaming and generally rude and inconsiderate. While I admit that when I was eventually properly diagnosed, it turned out to be a very rare and complex diagnosis and so it was not that surprising that he missed the proper diagnosis. But that does not excuse his rude and condescending attitude. Dr Richardson is definitely the type of physician who would rather insult and blame the patient instead of admitting that he doesn't know what to do. And because he is disinclined to really think hard about your case or do any work on your behalf, he often prescribes a standard, boilerplate treatment rather than really do the work to come up with a personalized and effective course of treatment. Ultimately, I think Dr. Richardson is not only a lazy and arrogant man, but he is not really devoted to his patients. However, if you happen to be suffering from a very standard and easy to diagnose ailment that he is very familiar with, then I'm sure he can provide you with adequate treatment. However, I do not hesitate to say that Dr. Richardson is absolutely one of the most lazy, disinterested, arrogant, condescending, demeaning and uncaring physicians that I have ever seen in my life.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

He was not clear on my diagnosis and wanted me to take medication for a disease he thought I had. He had to refer to the "black" book when writing the prescription. I was not comfortable with his assumption and went to UCSF where they diagnosed me with a brain tumor. Thank god I did not spend an extra 3 months of taking medicene letting the tumor progress.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

He miss diagnosed my problem and now I am fighting the dmv to get it changed. Has no 'bedside' manner, is rude and does not return phone calls.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

Knowledgeable physician that explains everything thoroughly. I appreciate the computer literacy of the entire medical practice, including the doctor. He is well worth the length of travel to get to and from his office. I'm not the best patient and he possesses the patience to put up with me and my feeling that medicine is a necessary evil. I deeply appreciate his understanding nature. I also appreciate the efficient, courteous, extremely helpful staff. They are a pleasure to interact with, especially dealing with a seriously medical issue such as mine.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Very nice doctor. Spent a lot of time reviewing my symptoms and the results of my tests.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

Excellen in all aspects as a physician. Very knowledegeble and kind, listens to the patient and responds with respect.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Excelent, competent and very thorough doctor. Very nice personality. Appointments tend to run quite late.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2010

Upset that I waited four weeks for my appt and then had to wait an hour for the doc upon arrival. more a criticism of the system, think the patient deserves the same rights as the Dr regarding the appt

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

I was concerned that I may have a negative experience, however my visit was *excellent*. He was kind, patient, apologetic for the clinic being understaffed and overbooked, understanding of me and my son (who had to visit with me). Dr Richardson even helped me objectively understand my anxiety (with his own life, which I found both personal and relevant) and explained my current issues in medical, scientific terms. He was very positive. Again, some negative reviews made me a bit apprehensive, but he was phenomenal. 5 stars. Like everyone, he probably has good days... but on a busy Monday, he was far better than I'd ever expect and a true neurologist. I'm on my way to further testing and therapy. thanks to Dr Richardson.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2009

Dr. Brian C. Richardson's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Berkeley, CA