Ratings for Dr. Sheilah Lamb

I have known Dr. Lamb since for 20 years. She is very nice and always makes time for me!!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Dr. Lamb is quite curt amd does not take the time to listen to her patients. She made me feel a fool nearly every time I was in the office. I know doctors have less time these days but a little compassion and understanding would go a long way. Perhaps as some doctors get closer to retiring they care less. There have been some rude receptionists and nurses there as well but that did improve over the time I was there.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

I have been going to Dr Lamb for years and have always really liked her. Lately however, I have found her to be a bit more rushed during appointments and not quite as thorough. I'm not sure what is behind the change, but I am not feeling quite as confident in her as I was before. I hope she is able to go back to being how she used to be, as I always was confident in her abilities in the past. I also liked that she was always willing to refer to a specialist or further testing when needed, but I find that not to be the case recently.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

My Husband and I are patients of Dr.Lamb since she started out here in Hamilton! She took always good care of us, came to visit at home when my Husband was ill and continues taking care of my now that I am alone! She is compassionate and there for you when you need her! Thank you Sheila!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Dr. Lamb has been my parent's physician for several years now. Whenever my parents went to see her on their own, she didn't do very much for them. When I went with them she made a little more of an effort. My parents are both in their 90's and I feel that Dr. Lamb just thinks they're too old to bother with. I found she made them feel like they were making things up. At times she just shrugged her shoulders, and walked away. My dad had re-curring bleading noses, so she took him off of his blood thinners.... he had another stroke!!!! Terrible Doctor... Stay away! We found someone else.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I am 75 ars old , have been a patient since I was 45 . I think Dr. Lamb is one of the most compassionate doctors and resourceful . I have nothing but respect for her and her team , I think that this is quite possibly the best run practice . She is a fantastic person and always makes sure you are heard , never rushed & ensures all her patients are taken care of .I would not switch ever. I love the new system. When I call in the a.m., I have an appt that afternoon. amazing.! thank you Dr. Lamb for being there.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I've seen doctor lamb for more than 25 years. She has helped me thru everything from my mental health as a teenager, infertility, miscarriage, broken bones, infections, viruses, and she's been nothing but supportive, honest, helpful, knowledgeable. She's understanding of alternative medicines where appropriate she's NEVER pushed opinions. I find her to b professional, caring and she's never seemed to acted rushed during our appointments. She has welcomed my two sons as her patients, who look forward to their visits with the nice lady who makes them feel better. Her nurse practitioners are wonderful. They listen to their patients, help in anyway they can . Dr. Lamb seems to be progressive and traditional in her methods she practices, as well as up to date in her knowledge of medicines. I'm also confident in the newest addition to her practice.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Worst Dr I have ever met. Also most ignorant unprofessional staff I've ever dealt with. At one appt. I caught the receptionist reading my chart?! My whole family fired her and found someone else.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Dr Lamb should NOT be a doctor, I was a patient of hers for over 10 years and thought everything was great. My family and I had no major problems, just the normal sore throat and what have you. She was great for all that cookie cutter easy stuff. Then I became very ill, she said I had some sort of virus. That was 14 years ago. When I didn't get well she felt I was making it all up, said I was perfectly normal and that I didn't trust her and should find a new Dr. I did just that. As it turns out I have just been diagnosed with Lupus. Thanks Dr Lamb for not being there for me and adding to my stressful journey. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr lamb has to be the dumbest person I've ever encountered in my life. She's never even there. Always away or on vacation. I've been seeing the nurse practitioner for the last 3 years. Julie Eason (NP) is the rudest, most unpersonable human. Seems like she hates her job also cause every other year she's on maternity leave. When I was 16 they tried to force me to take a bunch of antidepressants, when I refused they told me if I didn't listen to what they were telling me to do they were going to drop me as a patient. I didn't go back until I was pregnant and needed to get an ultrasound before I could see a midwife. I was 8 weeks pregnant with terrible morning sickness, and saw a nurse, asked for something to help, and she prescribed a muscle relaxant that could of killed my baby. Now, my son is here and took him for his 2 month check up. I'm a very natural person ever since medications (birth control & anti depressants/anxiety medication) caused me to go crazy. I won't take anything for myself unless I've tried everything natural first and or absolutely NEED to. So again, at my sons check up I saw the NURSE PRACTITIONER again, NOT my DOCTOR, and I told her I decided not to vaccinate AT THIS TIME, may still do SOME but DELAYED, based on my conscious beliefs AND being highly educated on vaccines, knowing people who have vaccine injured children, and people who have children who are not vaccinated and PERFECTLY healthy. Besides the point, Julie (NP) gave me a HIGHLY judging look, basically told me I was stupid for not vaccinating, and ended the appt and left the room before I could even tell her I had questions I wanted answered. Then I receive a letter today from DR LAMB who I have not spoken to in years, that she is dropping my son and I from her practice because I will not vaccinate. Because it breaks her "patient/doctor trust" YEAH RIGHT! After you prescribe me medication that could of killed my baby and you talk about trust? And she hasn't even made an effort to talk to me about vaccines. Haven't talked to her in years. She and her staff are highly unprofessional, judgemental, pushy, manipulative & RUDE! I'm truly so happy that I don't have to deal with them anymore and found a new doctor in the same day. Don't want people like this taking care of my child. Can't be trusted. Get out while you can!

Submitted June 5, 2015