Ratings for Dr. Michael Robson

My father was his patient for over 40 years. However my father lies in a hospital bed fighting for his life now suffering from lymphoma cancer. He was going to Robson every 3 weeks for past 12 months due to an accident he had one year ago. My father told him every time that he was not feeling like himself, that he had pressure on his stomach. This past summer there was visible signs of my father deteriorating. Serious fatique, pressure on his abdomen, very pale pasty skin. Everything was dismissed by Robson. Told him to take an advil and continue physio. He could not continue with physio as his stomach was too sore. Not once did he send him for a blood test, only belittled him and said he was exaggerating! my father had an aggressive prostate cancer 5yrs ago and still he did nothing. My mother went to appointment with my father to show Robson there was something seriously wrong, and he accused them of my dad being lazy! It got to the point my father didn't want to tell him in fear of being ridiculed! Needless to say, things got progressively worse and we had to rush my father to emergency in Newmarket and it was discovered he had advanced tumor in his abdomen and aggressive lymphoma cancer. Can't stress enough - that if Robson had taken my father seriously as a patient, my father wouldn't be fighting for his life right now! SHAME

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I have been with Dr. Robson almost my entire life. He is (or was) good with children. However, he absolutely loathes young adults. If you dare to make a suggestion as to what your problem might be, he'll stand over you and make sarcastic, belittling quips until you're close to tears. He has misdiagnosed me twice and not bothered to send me for needed tests because he simply doesn't care. He has acted the exact same way to all the other young people I know who are his patients. He's more interested in quibbling over semantics and sneering down his nose than he is in helping you when you're in pain. He has zero tolerance for suggestions or explanations that he thinks are incorrect, as though if his patient doesn't have as much medical knowledge as he does, it's because they're stupid. Should have retired 15 years ago.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

May keep you waiting in the examination room for a while, but always very knowledgeable, courteous and friendly.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr Robson has been my doctor for 21 years. He has delivered both of my children and has been wonderful. He is patient and understanding, kind and compassionate. I will be lost when he decides to retire

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr. Robson has been my family doctor for about 15 years now and even though I live in Pickering now and work in Toronto, I have kept him as my doctor. He is kind and considerate and never makes me feel like I am asking a stupid question. He is worth the long drive to see him.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Complete JERK!!! Totally disregarded my Grandmother as though she wasn't worth looking at and died 3 months later. Never gives my Dad the proper tests and makes fun of my Mother for worrying about my Dad. NEEDS TO RETIRE AND NEVER PRACTICE MEDICINE AGAIN!!!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Worst doctor in history I'm sure. I had been seeing him most of my life. He misdiagnosed me THREE times, one of which almost cost me my life. He treated me like a child at 19 and talked to me as if I was the most self centered moron in the world. I would never recommend him, unless your already dead.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Have been a long time patient, he delivered me and now sees all my children and my husband has switched to him, he is so impressed with the time he spends and his genuinely kind manner. He knows when to admit something is not his specialty and seems to avoid jumping for the quick fix, love this quality! One of a kind. Will be a sad day when he retires

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

Dr. Robson is very approachable and thorough. We now live over an hour away and I will continue coming back to Tottenham to see him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

Dr. Robson has completely misdiagnosed my child & made me feel like I was bothering him. As he is the area coroner, maybe if you're alive, you must be well. His time is long done as a doctor, which is very unfortunate as I have trusted him for some time. I'm done trusting him now as I could have lost my son due to his misdiagnosis. Thank God I went to Sick Kids & my son had his operation and is now well.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009