Ratings for Dr. Andrew S. Wagner

Saw this doctor 5 times during my recent pregnancy. He's helpful with any questions or concerns. I found him to be friendly on 3 of my visits. The last 2 visits I was not pleased. He was abrupt, my visit was short in comparison, and he had quite an attitude. Though not concerning me I'm sure, but no matter, he needs to keep his attitude/emotions under wraps. These 2 visits had me hoping he would not deliver my son, and he wasn't on call when I did. But I would recommend him, with some hesitation.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

We feel the Women's OB practice does an excellent job with their patients as a whole group. I saw Dr. Wagner, along with 2 of the other doctors, for my entire pregnancy. They are supposed to rotate you through all of the doctor's in the practice, so you have experience with all of them, as you do not know who will deliver when your time comes. Dr. Wagner is very friendly and helpful with questions and concerns. Easy to discuss concerns with. I gave him a 3 in the knowledge category; but I would give him an 3.5 rating, if it was possible to do so. He is kind and caring. He did not deliver my child, so cannot comment on that. I would recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

I have seen this doctor thru two pregnancies. He is very talkative and I like that, makes it more personal. I like everyone in the practice, actually and they are all good. Dr. Wagner is a bit flaky at times, I'll agree with that previous comment. But he has a good sense of humor once you've seen him a couple of times. I recommend him and the whole Women's OB practice.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr. Wagner is the best doctor I have ever been to. I have a rare condition that most doctors did not know how to treat. Dr. Wagner has listened to me and is willing to help me. I trust him very much and his medical opinion. He is one of a kind and I am VERY lucky to him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

I have to admit that I had some bad experiences with Dr. Wagner. Like one of the earlier posts says he did seem to change moods abruptly but my experience was that he usually said something rude and inappropriate and then came back later and was wonderful. I had more time with the doctors than most women because I was a high risk pregnancy. I would have given him a much lower rating but while I was in the hospital on bedrest at 29 weeks I had a placental abruption and Dr. Wagner wasted no time calling a c-section and saving my sons life. I have thought about this and I would take him being a skilled doctor and be able to have a healthy baby then to have him have a great bedside manner and not be able to do his job. Him and an another doctor actually took me up to the NICU themselves after surgery so I could see my son. My advice would be to stick with him (if you can tolerate the other docs) He does grow on you. I would go to him for my second pregnancy if he practiced alone.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

Mood swings? Too chatty? I've been seeing Dr. Wagner for different reasons for 10 years off and on. He's always been very appropriate, focused on my needs, a good listener, and conservative as to surgery vs. meds and other solutions. I feel like his partner in my health, not a supplicant at a temple run for his convenience. He's very intelligent, a skilled communicator, and keeps up with the latest therapies.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

Dr, Wagener is the best he did an excellent hysterectomy. I would recommend him to fiends and family.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

Dr. Wagner is wonderful! He is very caring, responsive and thorough! He saw my husband and I through some very emotional procedures and his wonderful bedside matter made things much easier. Even though it's been a few years since I've seen him (because of distance) he still asks my mother (who is his patient) about us! In addition the things he has done for my mother has been significant. She is a nurse practitioner herself and commends him on how he runs his practice. He is a gem of an OBGYN! He is always on top of the latest in regards to women's health. Would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone woman in any stage of their life as their OBGYN!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

I had most of my office visits with Dr. Wagner, though you see several doctors in this practice while pregnant. I found him to be very pleasant, friendly, and accomodating. He does like to chat, but for me, that is excellent communication. He sort of wears his emotions on his sleeve, as the saying goes. He seemed very interested in me as a person, not just a patient. That made me feel connected with him as a person, not just a doctor. I feel he is one of the best doctors around the OB/GYN field in Saginaw and Bay Counties.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2008

I have seen Dr.Wagner,many times over the last 6 years and he has always been polite. Yes he's a bit chatty but that makes me feel more comfortable then being under the care of a Doctor that doesn't communicate with me .

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Dr. Andrew S. Wagner's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1995)