Ratings for Dr. Peter A. Hoenig

Dr. Hoenig has a wonderful manner, easy to talk with. However, I have found that if one has something more serious than the sniffles, he is not very helpful.I have a high tolerance for pain and I'm 60 years old and active. Twice I have gone to Dr. Hoenig with 1)shoulder pain and 2)knee pain. The first time I was referred to a specialist who gave me a cortisone shot. The pain subsided but was back in a week. I went on my own to a specialist at MassGeneral who gave me an MRI and showed me where my rotator cuff was torn. I had surgery. The 2nd time I went in with knee pain that was 6 months old & getting worse. Dr. Hoenig said "if I was walking then nothing was broken-try motrin." Again, on my own I went to a specialist who took xrays/mri and said I had a torn meniscus. I am having surgery. Dr. Hoenig as I said before has a wonderfully calm demeanor, but in my experience it is not backed up with substantive knowledge. I think he's a good doctor for inactive older people.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Consistently good bedside manner and helpful advice to this late fifties female patient. No serious health problems for me. A good family physician.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

Dr. Peter A. Hoenig's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

MAMSI