Ratings for Dr. Virginia Calverly

My experience with Doctor Calverly was by far the worst experience/two months of my life. After my initial consultation she sent a letter to my GP stating I refused her medical advice when I signed the consent form for what was discussed with me. She never answered a single questions for me and confused me with another patient more than once. If the cancer returns I will let it kill me before I would ever think of seeing this doctor again. Other surgeons have also said I was not closed up properly and added to months of additional healing time. As a young 30 year old with breast cancer, I was expecting at least a small smidge of compassion and if not at least explainations.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr. Calverly is an amazing surgeon! I am a 27 year old breast cancer patient and I couldn't have been luckier to have had such a wonderful doctor. I refuse to believe any negative comments made about her. If it weren't for her, I would not be on my way to becoming a breast cancer survivor. Thank you, Dr. Calverly!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Very professional and very sympathetic. She took her time and answered all questions and was always returned phone calls to answer questions about the upcoming breast surgery. Very kind before, during and after surgery. Total confidence in her.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

she removes breast,,,notwant anything to do with you after....and I had major problems,,,not reccommed her at all..she made a mess of me

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

Reading some of the comments here, I can't believe we're talking about the same doctor. My wife and I have been seeing her on and off for the past seven months, and from day one she has been nothing but compassionate, caring, friendly, professional, knowledgeable, respectful -- in short, everything you would want a doctor to be. She instills a great deal of confidence, and her staff is beyond wonderful. I would recommend her in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Thanks to Doctor Calverly for helping me battle through breast cancer,and for gall bladder surgery also.You are a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

I did not want to do this,,,but after reading comments,,,I had no choice,,,I had a left mastecomy on 9/16/08....drain rem. 9/24...10 mins. in her office,,,,10/01/08 she called with biopsy results,,,,which were good,,,not sure now,,,told her I still draining dad,,,she sd. pantie liner in your bra,,,what bra,,,,2 much fluid...I went to her clinic 10/04....she not there,,,,,,was told I not a patient there,,,I sd. I not leaving i need to se a doctor,,,draining bad,,,,another g.p. took me,,,she was wonderful.....she drained yellow fluid out,,,a lot....my family doc. has seen me 3 times in 3 weeks,,as I have an egg shape lump on my chest,,,,I cannot wear a bra,,,,appears she depends on outreach ppl. to give advice,,,as I had none from her...my doctor is getting me another breast cancer surg....dr. Calv. no way....

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

We would like to say that Dr Calverly was extremely compassionate, something that Dr's nowadays lack. When dealing with my Breast Cancer she was beyond knowledgeable and made sure I completely understood the procedure of my mastectomy. There was no limit to the questions I could ask and she made sure every one of them was answered to my comfort and satisfaction.I think she is a wonderful Dr and a necessary contributor to putting an end to Breast Cancer.I thank her completely.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Rude staff & no common sense, I agree. I went to see her about a year ago and she tells me to keep an eye on the lump, i check it just about every day, i would probley not notice any real difference unles it grew the size of a nut!!! so i tell her i will be back in 6 months or so for a checkup, she still said no need unless you see a difference, holy crap, oh & by the way, if you don't go back before the year is up you have to get a new referral to her, even though you are a patience of hers already, there is something wrong here!!!.. and they say women doctors are better, no frigin way are they, at least not her.....so here it is the beginning of may and i have spent the last week calling to make an appt.for a checkup, have left 2/3 vms and still no call returned & no one over there answers the phone, nice way to care about people. Personally, I think she is a quack..cause if she is the best out there then we are all screwed!!!!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2008

Still waiting for a call back from a referal 3 months ago.Rude staff and no common sense.She sounds like a problem from the other reviews.What is a poor person to do waiting for a call from probably one of the worst Doctors in the province.She apparently has one of the shorter waiting times however..so,what does that say about the system in this province.I have asked to be put on the waiting list for a referal to one of the best.Hope I do not die waiting.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2008