Ratings for Dr. Erica L. Frank

I went to see Dr. Frank when she was at Lahey in Burlington for a physical exam. I was in menopause and seeking some relief. This was at a time when hormones were not being prescribed for women due to one study that showed an increased risk of stroke. I was very casually given an anti-depressant prescription for menopause by Dr. Frank. The drug made me feel blunted and caused nausea and ear-ringing when I decided to go off it. The solution to menopause for me was not to take an anti-depressant. I feel this doctor felt like she had to give her menopausal patients some prescription but a psychotropic drug prescription was not beneficial.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

I put up with this doc for 4 years. She likes to lecture without listening. She goes off on tangents during said lectures, veering way off topic. She does not like it if her patients know anything about their bodies or health, and is very condescending. She always comes into the exam room seemingly breathless, as if it is a distraction to something more important. She once told me she prefers to see lots and lots of patients, and dreads days with just a few($). Finally, I came to her using one (well-researched) term to describe a problem, and she instantly corrected me, using a much milder term.At her advice, i saw a specialist for testing, and he asked about my symptoms. I said "well, I went to the dr. and said I think i have X, but she corrected me and told me it is really just Y." The specialist said " the term you are using is much more medically accurate. You do, in fact, have X". That was the last straw. i don't trust her, and that is a terrible way to feel about one's doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

I really like this Doctor. She is very helpful and made herself very available to me when I needed her.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Dr. Erica L. Frank's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

AHC